• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Meia

I see.... any other character that has Dia/Media? What about Recarm? Sorry about the barrage of the questions lol

That's it on the Dia fronts, and Ken/Teddie are the ones that get the Recarm/Samarecarm spells.

Basically, Yukari's the only one that has access to party-wide heals naturally, which may or may not suck depending on how hard it is to get media based cards...

I see.... any other character that has Dia/Media? What about Recarm? Sorry about the barrage of the questions lol

Only Yukari and Yukiko have those spells naturally, but Ken and Teddie get the Recarm spells. Rei and Zen have healing and revival spells though, since their whole gimmick is being a character you don't have to worry about fusing Personas for.

But I think their skills only work in battle? Not that it matters much, you get free HP and SP every time you begin a battle anyway.

NichM

Banned
Yukari gets all single and multi target heals, while Yukiko only gets single targets.

And skill cards COULD remedy the situation depending on how you can even access them. Not even sure how this game accomplishes giving them out.

You're forgetting also that unlike P4,
a character's moveset isn't limited to what they learn naturally. Every character in the game, not just the P3 and P4 protags, can equip sub Personas. So if you get a Persona with Salvation, and give it to Yukiko, now she still has Salvation.

PK Gaming

None of the other characters naturally learn Dia/Media skills. You'll have to rely on skillcards/sub Personas.

Ted/Ken can both learn Recarm.

Meia

You're forgetting also that unlike P4,
a character's moveset isn't limited to what they learn naturally. Every character in the game, not just the P3 and P4 protags, can equip sub Personas. So if you get a Persona with Salvation, and give it to Yukiko, now she still has Salvation.

So even if skill cards are harder to get since they're a permanent addition to a person's persona, sub-personas also add skills to that person's moveset? Well, that's a relief(thought they only added stats).

So, basically, PQ has fights/characters more like a Persona game, while the exploration is the only real EO thing about it?

NichM

Banned
So even if skill cards are harder to get since they're a permanent addition to a person's persona, sub-personas also add skills to that person's moveset? Well, that's a relief(thought they only added stats).

Yeah, that's their main purpose. Equipping one nets you whatever skills it has plus an HP boost. Basically, there's a lot of flexibility to the skill system in the game, enough that you don't need to worry about only one character learning any particular skill type naturally. Between skill cards and Persona fusion, there's plenty of other ways to get the skills you want.

Meia

Yeah, that's their main purpose. Equipping one nets you whatever skills it has plus an HP boost. Basically, there's a lot of flexibility to the skill system in the game, enough that you don't need to worry about only one character learning any particular skill type naturally. Between skill cards and Persona fusion, there's plenty of other ways to get the skills you want.

So, basically, pick whoever the heck you want in your party. I'm ok with this. :D

PK Gaming

Gotta put that Golden Spirit to use, man! Tougher than diamonds, more brilliant than platinum!

Z6xXMRa.png

Never forget

Switching Sub-Personas doesn't switch resistances.

Some Sub-Personas can learn the passive elemental absorption skills though. Although I think those can't be inherited. Either that, or few personas can inherit those. Incidentally, there's no elemental reflect mechanic in the game. Even Tetrakarn and Makarakarn don't exist.

Well, there's no '1 More' system in Q, to my knowledge. So weaknesses probably aren't as crippling as they used to be. As for Game Over when the chosen protag dies, I'm not sure. Can we get a confirmation/denial?

Yes, only in Risky.

Yukari gets all single and multi target heals, while Yukiko only gets single targets.

And skill cards COULD remedy the situation depending on how you can even access them. Not even sure how this game accomplishes giving them out.

You extract them from your subpersonas.

Ken and Teddie learn Recarm, which later gets upgraded to Samarecarm.

Squire

Banned
Glimpse at another anime cutscene in that Aigis trailer. Looks like there really are a lot of them. They look pretty good based on these snippets.

I can't believe this is already a month out in Japan! :O

Meia

Margret hasn't been announced as a fighter or isn't one IIRC.

Hasn't been announced yet, but will obviously be one based on images.

You figure her by herself would probably have one week devoted to her by itself. Also will probably be the only fighter you have to actually buy as there's no week one dlc deal for her.

Which means we'll have one week with Mitsuru by herself, and one with Margaret? Or will they just do an Empress week reveal since they share the same arcana?

FluxWaveZ

Running towards their fate. Wonder if anything cool's being said there.

Margret hasn't been announced as a fighter or isn't one IIRC.

She hasn't been announced, but that doesn't mean she won't be playable. In fact, it's more likely that she's playable than not at this point, and she'll probably be revealed in the near future.

Which means we'll have one week with Mitsuru by herself, and one with Margaret? Or will they just do an Empress week reveal since they share the same arcana?

It could be:

August 7 = Margaret
August 14 = Mitsuru
August 21 = Game's opening or a bunch of new content like modes and stuff
August 27/28 = Game's opening

I'm surprised there are still two "???" tabs on the website, and that they haven't added the "Network Mode" yet despite it being shown off two weeks ago via Famitsu and PV3.

Squire

Banned

You figure her by herself would probably have one week devoted to her by itself. Also will probably be the only fighter you have to actually buy as there's no week one dlc deal for her.

Hahaha, wait a minute. You acknowledge she hasn't even been announced yet, then say she won't have a day one DLC deal. Uhh...

She hasn't been announced, but that doesn't mean she won't be playable. In fact, it's more likely that she's playable than not at this point, and she'll probably be revealed in the near future.

It could be:

August 7 = Margaret
August 14 = Mitsuru
August 21 = Game's opening or a bunch of new content like modes and stuff
August 27/28 = Game's opening

I'm surprised there are still two "???" tabs on the website, and that they haven't added the "Network Mode" yet despite it being shown off two weeks ago via Famitsu and PV3.

I'm somewhat hesitant to believe that just based on the game cover, unless either some confirmation by ATLUS or Arc themselves or gameplay screenshots, I'm just gonna treat it as a rumor and such.

What are those other tabs for on the website? I remember someone managed to find out via the source code a while ago.

My predictions

August 7 = Margaret
August 14 = Mitsuru and new modes
August 21 =
Makoto
August 27/28 = Launch PV trailer

Meia

Hahaha, wait a minute. You acknowledge she hasn't even been announced yet, then say she won't have a day one DLC deal. Uhh...

For that, only going by the "And more..." disappearing from the Atlus pic once Marie was shown to be also week one DLC. It's possible she will be as well, though it's also possible she's not as far along as the ones ready to come out with the game launch. Who knows?

I just still kind of find it hilarious that the last two trailers we don't have in terms of characters are both of The Empress arcana. :p

MSMrRound

wondering if this is what the entire show is going to be.

Obviously so that they can shoehorn Marie into Persona Q/Persona 4 Ultimax/P4 Dancing All Night and
Igor's replacement in Persona 5
for the benefit of those who haven't played Persona 4 Golden yet and are wondering..."who is she?"

MSMrRound

Who remember's the days when we all thought Junpei, Sho and Yukari were the only new characters :p

Didn't care for Sho. (Silver pony-tailed Ayana Taketatsu-voiced robotic maiden is another different matter though)

When I heard about Yukari and Junpei I was like...wait what!? Is there really a P4Arena sequel coming out? Holy shit.

Best inclusion is probably Koromaru though...kinda sad that he's in a tag team with Ken instead of standalone in the mold of Marvel's Amaterasu.

Best hype moment was [redacted]'s tease at the end of the P4U trailer during the Nov 24 livestream event. I missed the actual stream, but when I visited the individual trailers, that REALLY REALLY caught me by surprise.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I always look forward to the next Thursday after the P4AU update. [Redacted] was confirmed exactly two weeks after Ken and Koromaru were, and next Tuesday will be three weeks after Marie, so it's fully possible that Margaret's going to be announced. Plus, [Redacted] was confirmed right at the start of June.

FluxWaveZ

I was also dead against both Sho's when they were revealed, as i thought those two spaces would be perfect for
Adachi and Margaret.
Funny how things turned out :p

Yeah, I implied that the thought that both would be included was "delusional." Indeed, funny.

It's interesting to think back to the people who were convinced that there would be 4 new characters max., when I thought there would be at least 6 new characters. 8 confirmed newcomers is so great.

Yeah, I implied that the thought that both would be included was "delusional." Indeed, funny.

It's interesting to think back to the people who were convinced that there would be 4 new characters max., when I thought there would be at least 6 new characters. 8 confirmed newcomers is so great.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Screw you Flux for calling me delusional. :p

Yeah man, its awesome we got 8 characters. Can't wait for this game.

MSMrRound

If any of you are picking it up early via the R3 edition, you guys can add me at MSMrRound (my R3 PSN username) for some rounds
and give my nub ass a thrashing
. Feel free=)

Still waiting on local retailers to confirm whether I'll be getting Bop Bag+Tarot Cards too.

Sophia

Some Sub-Personas can learn the passive elemental absorption skills though. Although I think those can't be inherited. Either that, or few personas can inherit those. Incidentally, there's no elemental reflect mechanic in the game. Even Tetrakarn and Makarakarn don't exist.

Guessing they'd be absolutely broken in the context of EO's battle system.

OMG AIGIS TRAILER!!!! Akihiko's cool too I guess. >_>;

Dantis

The only Ultimax trailers that have interested me at all are the ones for the new characters. The other ones feel really insignificant.

KR0NPR1NZ drew another Persona fanart in honor of someone's birthday...

The girl with the meaty thighs:

Another great one. He's started to differentiate the eyes more now, too.

Top Bottom