• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

who cares

meguro composed a number of tracks on it, soejima drew art for it, woo.

Excess levels of sodium/salt may put you at risk for:

-High Blood Pressure
-Stroke
-Heart Failure
-Osteoperosis
-Headaches
-Sarcastic put downs

Diagnosis: I sense resentment and mild butthurt over an unresolved issue involving the Persona developers. Perhaps we can work it out over a social link?

Sophia

For what it's worth, this was about the only information I could find on Soul Hacker's credits. Everything else was incomplete in some way and/or for the 3DS version.

-High Blood Pressure
-Stroke
-Heart Failure
-Osteoperosis
-Headaches
-Sarcastic put downs

Diagnosis: I sense resentment and mild butthurt over an unresolved issue involving the Persona developers. Perhaps we can work it out over a social link?

Uh no? Dantis' fanboyism has always annoyed me, it has nothing to do with what you think.

Levito

Banned
So should I keep this Nemissa avatar or go back to Dark Souls?

I always thought P2EP had the stronger story, and Corvo seems to agree with me, I wish we got the PSP version of that :(.

I didn't mean to sound like I was trashing P2:IS, the story is rather interesting--I'm just not really enjoying the gameplay much. I started playing it on my own after Rasen and I streamed it because I felt like I'd missed too much of the story cause I was trying to entertain the chat.

-High Blood Pressure
-Stroke
-Heart Failure
-Osteoperosis
-Headaches
-Sarcastic put downs

QSMfI7T.gif

So should I keep this Nemissa avatar or go back to Dark Souls?

I didn't mean to sound like I was trashing P2:IS, the story is rather interesting--I'm just not really enjoying the gameplay much. I started playing it on my own after Rasen and I streamed it because I felt like I'd missed too much of the story cause I was trying to entertain the chat.

Nah I get it. Corvo's reasoning as to why he feels P2EP's story and characters are stronger than IS's makes complete sense to me. P2IS goes at a breakneck pace (first dungeon aside) , P2EP is more subdued and has more time to develop the characters.

Nemissa is pretty fucking cool, even if I think Hitomi is better, so you pick. Change to Beast Souls whenever that comes out.

Cage pls

Edit:

Lemstar

Play-Asia's newsletter insists that the JP version of P4U2 is region-free, too. There still isn't anything concrete about it, right?

FluxWaveZ

Play-Asia's newsletter insists that the JP version of P4U2 is region-free, too. There still isn't anything concrete about it, right?

Nope, nothing concrete. Play-Asia was also contacted before—about a month ago—by someone, who mentioned what had happened with P4A two years ago, and Play-Asia still insisted it was region free. It would be dumb of them to take an affirmative stance on this if it turned out to be false, so it might be an indication that they know.

I'm not sure we'll get an official word directly from Atlus before release (or ever), in any case, so I think we'll have to depend on the word of third-parties before the game's out in Japan.

Levito

Banned
IN THE RED CORNER:

He's the Naoto loving Brit that's discarded anime, IIIIITTT'S DAAAAAAAAAANTIS-CHAN!!!!!

"I'll draw you in a into a coffin."

IN THE BLUE CORNER:

The tr00 Megten guru that's here to let you know Chie is shit and Maya is best, IT"S BUUUUUDDHA-KUN!!!!

"It's time to layeth the smacketh downeth on your non-positive thinking candy ass"

What was the justification behind your original post then?

You have to admit, it was pointlessly derisive.

Yea it was. I meant it to more go like whooooo careees, but its not a big deal. I need to watch how I say things cuz I think I come across more rude and elitist than I mean to be at times. Oh and I dont think Chee is shit, I just found that image and it makes me laugh!

Marie 4 : The Golden Marie

So episode 4(?) just happened. Discussion time, spoilers obviously.

Well, another episode, another success in my book. The cold open with the motorbike attack was really funny once the punchline hit.

I begin to wonder just how much free reign the writers of this anime had with Marie and her storyline, because she is waaaay better implemented in this than she was in the game.

She's also a lot more likable than in the game too, just giving her little quirks and actually showing them off (TV dork) rather than them just being a passing sentence.

Also, well done in putting what was a throwaway minigame into the episode. I didn't see how it could be done but they used what they had and it worked pretty well.

One negative from this episode though was that the animation quality took a very steep dive in several places this week. Yoo, Yuske, Chee, Yukio, Riise, Konji, Tedy and Merie showed up at the mall.

And wouldn't you know it, that lewd-ish screenshot from last week turned out to be totally innocent.

Next week, happy band fun times and a certain social link?

P.s. Speedo kanji is best kanji. Bunny Rise ain't bad either.

Presumably the same. SPOILERS FOR PQ
Though apparently main personas evolve after certain bonus bosses.
I really love that they included PQ SPOILERS
evolved Personas. <3
Plz god no let
him rest in peace.
Spoiler-tag that, dude.
Now that they don't have the fear to spoiler P3 and P4's story anymore, I hope they mention (P3 spoilers)
Shinji. Hopefully Shadow Ken and Shadow Akihiko mention him in the story or something.
Ooh, I really like this shot.

It's like the neo Persona 3 trio.

GO! GO! GO!
I'm still that mad that in P4A and PQ's earlier promo they chose Mitsuru and Akihiko over Yukari and Junpei, but oh well, Mitsuru's the most important P3 story character in Arena probably.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Marie 4 : The Golden Marie

So episode 4(?) just happened. Discussion time, spoilers obviously.

Well, another episode, another success in my book. The cold open with the motorbike attack was really funny once the punchline hit.

I begin to wonder just how much free reign the writers of this anime had with Marie and her storyline, because she is waaaay better implemented in this than she was in the game.

She's also a lot more likable than in the game too, just giving her little quirks and actually showing them off (TV dork) rather than them just being a passing sentence.

Also, well done in putting what was a throwaway minigame into the episode. I didn't see how it could be done but they used what they had and it worked pretty well.

And wouldn't you know it, that lewd-ish screenshot from last week turned out to be totally innocent.

Next week, happy band fun times and a certain social link?

P.s. Speedo kanji is best kanji. Bunny Rise ain't bad either.

Nice review. Hopefully by Ep.6? that we'll see Dantis' waifu Naoto.

Dantis

I thought the OT title means no PQ or Ultimax spoilers, even if marked?

Dantis, mind clarifying?

It means no spoilers whatsoever because the game isn't even out.

EDIT: Also if the next episode is the band episode I'm going to sit there having a little tantrum because of how much I dislike it.

Nice review. Hopefully by Ep.6? that we'll see Dantis' waifu Naoto.

Bro, you're more into Naoto than I am.

PK Gaming

P4GA 4

I didn't like this episode either. Way too much "quality" animation. Way too much "standing around" doing nothing.

Seriously guys, that episode was boring. I question the decision of including the entire gang in Marie's s.link, because it ended up backfiring big time imo. Take the Marie's "memory search" s.link rank for instance; in the game, it was just Yu & Marie, with a few characters depending on the scene (Yukiko and Teddie at Deidara, Kanji and Rise at Tatsumi Textiles, etc). But the anime ends up including the entire group, and those scenes end up suffering because it results in a bunch of characters cluttering up the screen, standing around doing nothing. And how about that "quality" art huh? It was at its worst here, so damn cringeworthy. I think a lot of the art problems could have been avoided if they followed the game closer. There's no helping the source material though, this episode was just plain dull.

The quiz show was undeniably great, but that was what, like 5 minutes at most? I loved seeing Rise, Kanji in that sexy bunny suit. To be honest, I would have been fine if it encompassed most of the episode.

PS: RIP Caladrius. It happened exactly how I said it would :(

Marche90

It means no spoilers whatsoever because the game isn't even out.

You have to be kidding me. First time I'm reading that

Anyway, I haven't post a lot lately so it hasn't affected me so far (even if I'm already spoiled to hell and back by choice) but if I'm honest with you, that's quite excessive. As long as people mark their spoilers correctly and saying for what game is it that should be enough.

My two cents

Also, can't believe I'm complaining about our spoilers policy AGAIN. *sigh*

Dantis

You have to be kidding me. First time I'm reading that

Anyway, I haven't post a lot lately so it hasn't affected me so far (even if I'm already spoiled to hell and back by choice) but if I'm honest with you, that's quite excessive. As long as people mark their spoilers correctly and saying for what game is it that should be enough.

My two cents

Also, can't believe I'm complaining about our spoilers policy AGAIN. *sigh*

This will be relevant when the game is out in the US.

Discussing spoilers for a game that isn't even released for another four months is excessive, in my opinion. You're opening people up to spoilers for a game that they physically can't play, and it's unfair.

It's not like Persona 4's "Oh it came out in 2008" thing.

Generally, these posts will be directed at one or two people. PM them or something if you really want to discuss it. It's not like it will be an open forum for PQ discussion by adding spoilers to your post.

EDIT: Just so you know, I don't mean to sound abrasive. I'm just trying to explain it in a mildly serious manner.

This will be relevant when the game is out in the US.

Discussing spoilers for a game that isn't even released for another four months is excessive, in my opinion. You're opening people up to spoilers for a game that they physically can't play, and it's unfair.

It's not like Persona 4's "Oh it came out in 2008" thing.

Generally, these posts will be directed at one or two people. PM them or something if you really want to discuss it. It's not like it will be an open forum for PQ discussion by adding spoilers to your post.

EDIT: Just so you know, I don't mean to sound abrasive. I'm just trying to explain it in a mildly serious manner.

Now I feel like I have to ask what we mean by 'spoilers', are we talking purely story based stuff? Because looking back through the past few pages, the majority of PQ based conversation that has been spoiler tagged has been about which Personas learn which skills.

So do mechanic based stuff like that need tagging or not?

Dantis

Now I feel like I have to ask what we mean by 'spoilers', are we talking purely story based stuff? Because looking back through the past few pages, the majority of PQ based conversation that has been spoiler tagged has been about which Personas learn which skills.

So do mechanic based stuff like that need tagging or not?

Story stuff is the stuff which I don't think people should be posting at all.

Mechanics based stuff... probably would work on a case by case thing, right? Personas learning skills seems harmless, but the weakness of a boss would be a spoiler.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So, uh, when are we expecting to actually get any information on P5?

Persona 4 Golden Animation impressions:

Yu totally tried to copy Makoto in the first scene. "Marie-chan, are you closeted TV freak?" lol Yay! Aika is back! Daidara :D Oh God, Teddie as a cheerleader (Yukiko looks awesome like that) Oh hey, it's Ayane. Man, those Marie moments are horrible. Ew, stop holding hands you two. Oh my god, Kanji and Rise in bunny outfits, damn lol So this is the quiz I saw that picture form, but with Marie included. I like how Yosuke and Chie are like the only normal people there. Kimono shop? wtf Yosuke you just were there a day ago. Uggh, they even included Marie in the All Out Attack shot.

Overall, it was a boring and stupid episode imo, I'm really getting tired of Marie, but looks like the next episode will only focus in the IT and ADACHI-BABY!!

Setsu00

Persona 4 Golden Animation impressions:

Yu totally tried to copy Makoto in the first scene. "Marie-chan, are you closeted TV freak?" lol Yay! Aika is back! Daidara :D Oh God, Teddie as a cheerleader (Yukiko looks awesome like that) Oh hey, it's Ayane. Man, those Marie moments are horrible. Ew, stop holding hands you two. Oh my god, Kanji and Rise in bunny outfits, damn lol So this is the quiz I saw that picture form, but with Marie included. I like how Yosuke and Chie are like the only normal people there. Kimono shop? wtf Yosuke you just were there a day ago. Uggh, they even included Marie in the All Out Attack shot.

Overall, it was a boring and stupid episode imo, I'm really getting tired of Marie, but looks like the next episode will only focus in the IT and ADACHI-BABY!!

It looks like Marie will take part in the concert sequence that will be part of next week's episode ;).

Just had my last test of the semester. 2 weeks and I have exams faaack.
On my way home to watch today's anime. So I gather P4GA sucked this week?

Depends who you ask. The animation quality was kinda off this week, but the episode was still OK. It's making me like Marie a LOT more, so it's doing something right.

Seems like people either like it or hate it.

Just had my last test of the semester. 2 weeks and I have exams faaack.
On my way home to watch today's anime. So I gather P4GA sucked this week?
Yes, worse than other episodes. There were some good parts, but overall it made me dislike Marie more than before, hopefully we get to move on to Adachi soon.
It looks like Marie will take part in the concert sequence that will be part of next week's episode ;).
tumblr_m6wrhjGzNc1r5hlbm.png

IN THE RED CORNER:

He's the Naoto loving Brit that's discarded anime, IIIIITTT'S DAAAAAAAAAANTIS-CHAN!!!!!

"I'll draw you in a into a coffin."

IN THE BLUE CORNER:

The tr00 Megten guru that's here to let you know Chie is shit and Maya is best, IT"S BUUUUUDDHA-KUN!!!!

"It's time to layeth the smacketh downeth on your non-positive thinking candy ass"

ShutUpFryMoney2.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He was being sarcastic. (And quoting Hideki Kamiya).

I'm not gonna tell you guys how to run your community thread, but responding to questions from people who don't hang out in the thread all the time with in-joke fake answers is kind of not-cool. Especially given that I can't see people winking over the internet.

Style

Banned
I'm not gonna tell you guys how to run your community thread, but responding to questions from people who don't hang out in the thread all the time with in-joke fake answers is kind of not-cool. Especially given that I can't see people winking over the internet.

Serious answer: there hasn't been any implication on when they will update us on Persona 5. They have been focusing on Persona Q and the upcoming Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for now. I guess we could expect something once they are released?

Serious answer: there hasn't been any implication on when they will update us on Persona 5. They have been focusing on Persona Q and the upcoming Persona 4 Arena Ultimax for now. I guess we could expect something once they are released?

Most definitely. I always thought Dance and P5 would be marketed once Q and Ultimax releases. That makes the most business sense. Then again, P5 is suppose to be out this year, so expect a barrage of P5 content come end of August/September.

Hmm I see thanks guys I will tread carefully then. I'll leave it for last , got 4 shows to watch in total today. Thursdays are like, my anime overload day aha.

FluxWaveZ

Now that they don't have the fear to spoiler P3 and P4's story anymore, I hope they mention (P3 spoilers)
Shinji. Hopefully Shadow Ken and Shadow Akihiko mention him in the story or something.

Well, they do mention him a bit in P4A. One of Akihiko's win quotes is straight up:
"Watch that, Shinji?"
Sure, guess they could talk about it more explicitly, but I don't really think that'd be necessary unless it was a means to taunt him, with him just shrugging it off.

Then again, P5 is suppose to be out this year

Not necessarily. Keep thinking that and you'll be one of the confused masses wondering what happened to 2014 if it's announced for 2015.

Well, they do mention him a bit in P4A. One of Akihiko's win quotes is straight up:
"Watch that, Shinji?"
Sure, guess they could talk about it more explicitly, but I don't really think that'd be necessary unless it was a means to taunt him, with him just shrugging it off.
Wow, really? Totally missed that, that's awesome!

Top Bottom