• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

You know, I'm really excited for Ken in PQ. We all know that during the time PQ occurs (P3 spoilers)
Ken is pretty much planning to kill Shinji and then suicide
: "I've got something I have to do at all costs... even if it costs me my life. And I guess that's what...keeps me...going.". And since now they got another problem to deal with and he is going to spend more time learning from the P3 gang, he has the time to think more about the situation, learn about what could possibly happen and the consequences about it and grow out from his problems. "You know... you know I'm with you guys." "I'm here because I've got everyone else with me."

Plus, it seems that Yosuke will play an important role in his development, since they share more or less the same problem: (P3 and P4 spoilers)
Someone killed a person important to them (Ken's mom and Saki) and have a grudge that will eventually evolve into wanting to kill that person (Ken's whole situation in the Full Moon from October and Yosuke insisting in killing Namatame when they got the chance.)
and Yosuke is trying to not let Ken be influenced by his revenge desire and trying him to relax about the situation and enjoy his childhood.

His interactions with Kanji will also be pretty awesome as they seem to get along with each other pretty well (Ken being open with him about his social problems) and share some good moments (Kanji playing along with the villain from Ken's superhero show, Kanji teaching him how to sew.)

So yeah, just by looking at the trailers Ken will become a much better character, and hopefully after playing the game people will no longer hate Ken that much.

You know, I'm really excited for Ken in PQ. We all know that during the time PQ occurs (P3 spoilers)
Ken is pretty much planning to kill Shinji and then suicide
: "I've got something I have to do at all costs... even if it costs me my life. And I guess that's what...keeps me...going.". And since now they got another problem to deal with and he is going to spend more time learning from the P3 gang, he has the time to think more about the situation, learn about what could possibly happen and the consequences about it and grow out from his problems. "You know... you know I'm with you guys." "I'm here because I've got everyone else with me."

Plus, it seems that Yosuke will play an important role in his development, since they share more or less the same problem: (P3 and P4 spoilers)
Someone killed a person important to them (Ken's mom and Saki) and have a grudge that will eventually evolve into wanting to kill that person (Ken's whole situation in the Full Moon from October and Yosuke insisting in killing Namatame when they got the chance.)
and Yosuke is trying to not let Ken be influenced by his revenge desire and trying him to relax about the situation and enjoy his childhood.

His interactions with Kanji will also be pretty awesome as they seem to get along with each other pretty well (Ken being open with him about his social problems) and share some good moments (Kanji playing along with the villain from Ken's superhero show, Kanji teaching him how to sew.)

So yeah, just by looking at the trailers Ken will become a much better character, and hopefully after playing the game people will no longer hate Ken that much.

One can only hope. Wonder how he'll do in Ultimax too.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
ZrcnxOk.jpg
-

Jintor

someone in the Digimon thread was talking about a Digimon game with persona elements or something and now that's all I'm thinking about

bobawesome

Alright, getting pretty sick of Persona 3's bullshit.
The past two times I've fought Takaya he's used Megidola with a Mind Charge and killed my MC at full life. This fight is so drawn out and boring I'm sick of it.

Nimby

Banned
Alright, getting pretty sick of Persona 3's bullshit.
The past two times I've fought Takaya he's used Megidola with a Mind Charge and killed my MC at full life. This fight is so drawn out and boring I'm sick of it.

How far are you into the game? Are you at the full moon boss?

bobawesome

How far are you into the game? Are you at the full moon boss?

It's the fight right before Nyx. I'm assuming, barring anymore curve balls.

I'm fairly sure I know how I can win this next time. I just wanted to vent a little because I was so close to winning both times.

bobawesome

I died to the seemingly endless arcana gauntlet. Please don't tell me it ends at Hierophant or I'll be very angry.

I have to say that this game trumps even SMT IV in difficulty.

Sophia

I died to the seemingly endless arcana gauntlet. Please don't tell me it ends at Hierophant or I'll be very angry.

That's not even half the battle. Actually, it's more like 1/3rd of the way. :)

"It matters not who you are... Death awaits you."

kewlmyc

No, Death.

You honestly might want to level up more if you had/are having problems with Takaya and The beginning stages of Nyx.

bobawesome

That's not even half the battle. Actually, it's more like 1/3rd of the way. :)

"It matters not who you are... Death awaits you."

No, Death.

You honestly might want to level up more if you had/are having problems with Takaya and The beginning stages of Nyx.

Well, that would certainly make sense. Thanks, guys. I've been on a non-stop Persona 3 bender for the past week and a half and everything's a blur. I just finally want to put this game to bed. I'm horrible about rushing things in games when I'm close to the end.

Yeah you sound a bit underleveled. You could do like I did and
Use the Odin Thunder Reign method to decimate the reaper, then grind to your heart's content in the Monad Depths dungeon. You'll be so powerful, the Nyx Avatar can't scratch you!

This is kind of off-topic, but I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.
I have recently started FFX; thing is, I'm not liking it as much as I hoped.
The gameplay is great, the story and characters seems interesting, but I don't really feel involved. It seems like I keep going from a place to another > watching a cutscene > going somewhere else > repeat, with battles in between.
I'm just after the "Operation Mi'Hen" and I'm not sure if I should continue or just play someting else. Does it get better after that or is this prety much the pace at how the game will procede?

cj_iwakura

The gameplay is great, the story and characters seems interesting, but I don't really feel involved. It seems like I keep going from a place to another > watching a cutscene > going somewhere else > repeat, with battles in between.
I'm just after the "Operation Mi'Hen" and I'm not sure if I should continue or just play someting else. Does it get better after that or is this prety much the pace at how the game will procede?

It's, uh, very off-topic.

That said I think FFX is very mediocre. The final battle is amazing, though.

Tamanon

Banned

I mean, you're not going to get more involved. It's a pretty linear game until close to the end when you get a little more leeway. But beyond that it's area-cutscene-area-cutscene.

There's some pretty good setpieces, but it is going to follow that sequence you described pretty much until the end. That said, I wouldn't say it gets interesting until much later than where you are now.

Trigger

That's how the game proceeds. You'll get the freedom to return to previous areas at some point, and the last act has plenty of sidequests to keep you busy. If you like the story and the characters I'd suggest you stick with it.

A great many months ago, I watched a complete playthrough of Persona 1 for the PSP on YouTube. I had many reasons for doing this, the most prevalent being my wanting to experience the game's story and my general lack of spending money. Alas, I feared I might never experience the game firsthand.

UNTIL TODAY!

Meet Gundam Tanaka, a mysterious young hipster who was hospitalized after he was somehow struck by lightning while indoors. What follows is snippets from the first chapter of his epic tale of goofing around with his friends while managing to intrude upon every building in the city except for the hospital.

Apparently snrking is a trait passed down from Yuki to Yuki throughout the ages.

Money can be exchanged for goods and services, Mark.

Well, you're half right, Mark.

What's wrong with your faaaaaaaace

I thought Hitler was only in the second game.

Shhhhh, no one tell him.

And that's all for now! Exhausted from their day of neglecting a sick girl, the gang decided to save at the Me Gusta Tree and turn in. More details as they happen !

Scrafty, you will have an important decision to make fairly soon. The correct choice should be very obvious.

I know exactly what that decision is and I'm going to pick the opposite of what you want me to pick because I am a scumbag spitemonger.

Nah, Imma go with Elly <3 <3 <3

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can't you take screens by pressing the two Vita face buttons, or only for Vita games?

Only Vita games work with the screenshot function. :\

I know exactly what that decision is and I'm going to pick the opposite of what you want me to pick because I am a scumbag spitemonger.

Nah, Imma go with Elly <3 <3 <3

I didn't even know about this and ended up getting stuck with Brown, because I went in blind and thought you could switch party members in and out like you know, nearly every JRPG from that time.

It's, uh, very off-topic.

That said I think FFX is very mediocre. The final battle is amazing, though.

I mean, you're not going to get more involved. It's a pretty linear game until close to the end when you get a little more leeway. But beyond that it's area-cutscene-area-cutscene.

There's some pretty good setpieces, but it is going to follow that sequence you described pretty much until the end. That said, I wouldn't say it gets interesting until much later than where you are now.

That's how the game proceeds. You'll get the freedom to return to previous areas at some point, and the last act has plenty of sidequests to keep you busy. If you like the story and the characters I'd suggest you stick with it.
Thanks for the answers. I think I'll probably put it down for now and play something else. I might play it again sometime in the future.

Is there any Atlus sale coming in the following weeks? I'd like to buy Persona 1 from the Store.

bobawesome

Yeah you sound a bit underleveled. You could do like I did and
Use the Odin Thunder Reign method to decimate the reaper, then grind to your heart's content in the Monad Depths dungeon. You'll be so powerful, the Nyx Avatar can't scratch you!

As tempting as that is, I think I'll stay on the straight and narrow for the moment. I've come this far, I can't give in now! Not until I forge Metatron and have my way with
Nyx
. Speaking of which, it took me forever to figure out that Michael recipe.

Top Bottom