• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Universe?

Kon Tiki

Banned
psugba.jpg

Did this get moved from GBA/PC to consoles?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
First off, wtf is up with that image. Why is there a box slapped over screenshots? Second, it's just faulty advertising. The U in Universe should be lowercase, but for whatever reason they decided to capitalize it.

They're talking about the "Phantasy Star universe" in the way you might talk about the "Halo universe" or the "Metroid universe." They are NOT talking about "Phantasy Star Universe" as a game title.

demi

It already is available on PC. . . . . . . .figure it out?

And yeah, that's CLEARLY THE PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION BOX!

Sega is so stoopid.

MetatronM said:
First off, wtf is up with that image. Why is there a box slapped over screenshots? Second, it's just faulty advertising. The U in Universe should be lowercase, but for whatever reason they decided to capitalize it.

It's not slapped over it, it's just a close-up silly! You can see it in the bottom right.

Kon Tiki

Banned
MetatronM said:
heh, can not make out the box from the full image. I lack the skills need to make a nifty zoom box effect.

Yeah, this ad was from late 2002 about a year and a half before anyone even knew that "Phantasy Star Universe" existed. I don't think Phantasy Star Collection was ever supposed to be coming for PC. That has to be an error, or either they were planning to release PSO PC (what is essentially PSO Ver. 2) here in the states.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lemurnator said:
I really fucking hate Phantasy Star.

Is there something wrong with me?
Not really. I hate the old Phantasy Star games (though I love PSO and have yet to play PS IV). And yet I constantly convince myself that I do not hate those games. It's really weird.

I'm the same way about Dragon Quest. Don't like the series at all. Constantly convince myself that I do.

xexex

Banned
Phantasy Star Collection (Saturn) ports of PS, PSII, PSIII, PSIV

Phantasy Star Collection (GBA) ports of PS, PSII, PSIII

Phantasy Star Trilogy (PS2) Sega 3D Ages remakes in 3D of PSI, PSII, PSIV

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2, Xbox, GC ????) new game that is hinted at being both Phantasy Star Online 2 and Phantasy Star 5

Phantasy Star Universe trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_phantasystar_uv_e3_2k4.html (quicktime)
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_phantasystar_uv_e3_2k4.wmv (windows media player)

Top Bottom