• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Brave - 70,000 shipped in US

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, I hope they sell every single one of those.

Prospero

Can someone explain this talk I hear of a Phantom Brave special or limited edition? Are all shipped copies SEs, or is it the kind of thing you could've only gotten through a preorder? Or is it Japanese-only?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
sp0rsk said:
/me is distracted by a shiny object

I fused that guy to a tree to teach him a lesson. When I'm away from the island, I expect everyone to be handling shit.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
commish said:
I fused that guy to a tree to teach him a lesson. When I'm away from the island, I expect everyone to be handling shit.

They have a very useful skill that keeps people on the board longer.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
sp0rsk said:
They have a very useful skill that keeps people on the board longer.

Yeah, I know but I don't appreciate his laziness when I'm away from home.

And to be honest, I haven't had a need for more turns for my phantoms, at least not yet. I just make a lot of them.

shoplifter

Prospero said:
Can someone explain this talk I hear of a Phantom Brave special or limited edition? Are all shipped copies SEs, or is it the kind of thing you could've only gotten through a preorder? Or is it Japanese-only?

They all are SE (at least the first run).

Pachinko

they shipped only that many ? seems small, considering only 1 of the 6 EB stores in my area had a good 15 copies ... but then again, I'm positive this game can't be found somewhere like walmart.

Senretsu

I saw like 10 copies of Phantom Brave today at Best buy. Well now there are 9 because one now belongs to me. I don't recall ever seeing Disgaea or La Pucelle there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Senretsu said:
I saw like 10 copies of Phantom Brave today at Best buy. Well now there are 9 because one now belongs to me. I don't recall ever seeing Disgaea or La Pucelle there.
My Best Buy carried both La Pucelle and Disgaea.

Fularu

Banned
shoplifter said:
They all are SE (at least the first run).

No

The SE version is undistinguishable from the standard edition unless you look at the back
You'll see both a cd logo and a DVD logo and a very small SE version on the left of the box

The EB I usually shop in had like 4 standard editions and 2 special ones

Prospero

Fularu said:
No

The SE version is undistinguishable from the standard edition unless you look at the back
You'll see both a cd logo and a DVD logo and a very small SE version on the left of the box

The EB I usually shop in had like 4 standard editions and 2 special ones

Phew--you saved me there. I almost went out to buy this last night. I may go pick it up on my lunch break today.
If I don't see the SE on the shelf, I'll order it from Amazon (since the SE is the only one they're stocking).

Prospero

NotMSRP said:
For now, you can't even buy the regular edition.

Wrong. My local Best Buy has ten vanilla editions, and not a single SE. I just got the last SE in stock at the EB nearby.

Take-away point: if you're on the fence about this game and you're at all interested in the soundtrack CD, you should probably act now.

Top Bottom