• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Brave PC Demo is Available Now, dood!

prudislav

surprise demo just hit the steam ;-) thx @lashman
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/409870
DEMO install: steam://install/436880
Hi Everyone!

We got some great news, dood! Relive the Nippon Ichi Software classic today by downloading the free Phantom Brave PC Demo! Click the "Download Demo" on the Phantom Brave PC Steam Store page.

Phantom Brave PC Demo includes the following gameplay/sava data:
  • Story for Chapter 1, 3 Maps
  • Unplayable beyond Chapter 1
  • Another Marona is unplayable
  • Dungeon monk is unusable
  • Random dungeons are not playable
  • Aside from the dungeon monk, everything unlockable in Chapter 1 is playable
  • Hidden things in Ghost Island are achievable
  • Save data is transferable to the product version of the game
  • Product version save data is not transferable to the demo version
Check out the demo and grab your copy of the Digital Chroma Edition today, dood!

Best,
NISA Team
https://steamcommunity.com/games/409870/announcements/detail/796393341574249957

God damn I hate Prinnies. They were funny twenty minutes into the first Disgaea and not a single time since then.

That said, demos that let you transfer saves are fucking great. Good on you NISA

Durante

This is my obligatory Phantom Brave related post where I tell you that it's N1's secret best SRPG.

Also, nice that they seemingly had high-res art for the 2D backgrounds in the game.

patapuf

This is my obligatory Phantom Brave related post where I tell you that it's N1's secret best SRPG.

Also, nice that they seemingly had high-res art for the 2D backgrounds in the game.

I didn't realise this was an SRPG

Time to check it out.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
He's right, you know.

HomesIice

Still so mad I haven't been able to play this anywhere :'(

But honestly this for me is up there in terms of quality SRPGs <3

Going to look up how to get this on my Aus PS Vita :/ :/

Interesting game, but I, uh, lost during the tutorial... That boost stuff doesn't work the way I was thinking.

Also
Why is the bottle talking, walking, or doing anything really?! It all seems like a terrible idea for both parties. Like, wtf.

Visually, I kinda wish they either uprezzed the sprites or downrezzed the backgrounds for some semblance of visual parity. As it is it clashes a lot.

OmegaDL50

I am huge NIS fan, but still have not picked up the PC port of Disgaea 1.

Looking at the screenshot above, I see there is a nasty filter applied to the sprites, please tell me that is optional and can be turned off?

Some may not like it, but I think the blocky pixel look is more appealing then the smear filter.

desmax

I am huge NIS fan, but still have not picked up the PC port of Disgaea 1.

Looking at the screenshot above, I see there is a nasty filter applied to the sprites, please tell me that is optional and can be turned off?

Some may not like it, but I think the blocky pixel look is more appealing then the smear filter.

It's on by default, but you can turn it off, no prob.

Top Bottom