• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero announced for PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC (due out in 2025)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Publisher NIS America and developer Nippon Ichi Software have announced strategy RPG Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2025.

Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
Set sail to save the day in this grid-less tactical turn-based challenge from the creators of the Disgaea series. Join Marona—a gifted young girl with the power to speak to Phantoms—and her loyal Phantom companion, Ash, as she traverses the ocean world of Ivoire, providing aid to those in need. When a fleet of ghost pirates attack, it’s up to Marona and her new friend Apricot to assemble the legendary crew that once defeated these spectral foes. Recruit Phantoms, bind them to objects, combine them with Gadgets, even merge them with Marona herself to unleash show-stopping abilities and sink the Shipwreck Fleet. With over 50 characters and 300 skills to master, prepare for an unforgettable journey.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Noisy Pixel did a preview on the game:

Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero continues the beloved series in the world of Ivoire, blending classic tactical RPG mechanics with innovative features like the Confriend system. Set for a 2025 release, players will navigate a rich narrative involving Marona, Ash, and new characters like Apricot. With over 50 unit types and stunning hand-drawn visuals, this game promises a nostalgic yet fresh adventure. Available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam, Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero is a must-play for fans and newcomers alike.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Noisy Pixel did a preview on the game:

I never played Phantom Brave games but playing Jeanne d’arc is making me crave more SRPGs and watching this preview imade me interested……do I need to play previous Phantom Brave or all them have self contain story?

Last edited:

graywolf323

I never played Phantom Brave games but playing Jeanne d’arc is making me crave more SRPGs and watching this preview imade me interested……do I need to play previous Phantom Brave or all them have self contain story?
this is only the second Phantom Brave game and I’m not sure if they’ve really said much about the story? but Marona & Ash were in the first one so it likely wouldn’t hurt to play it

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
this is only the second Phantom Brave game and I’m not sure if they’ve really said much about the story? but Marona & Ash were in the first one so it likely wouldn’t hurt to play it
Yeah I might do that, I think the first game also available on switch, right?

Last edited:

graywolf323

Yeah I might do that, I think the first game also available on switch, right?
yeah though only part of a bundle with Soul Nomad as far as I can tell, which does happen to be on sale for 75% off at the moment making it $9.99

Top Bottom