• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photoshop Contest: 3 PRIZES, WIN CD

Matlock

Banned
Okay, here's the rules of the game.

1. You may post one, and only one photoshop as an entry. You may post others, but only one as an entry. Topic the post "entry."

2. At the deadline (Oct 4), each entry will then be reposted in a second thread for voting.

3. In the voting, which will last until Oct 7, you can only vote once (of course).

4. The three top vote-getters (in the event of a tie, I will cast the deciding vote) will get a CD from me. Nothing much, just a 17 track compilation of local bands. Pretty damn cool.

Your topic:

The Console War

Example:

nintendoyalta.jpg

I am looking for ANYTHING war related. Battles, posters, meetings, notable faces, the whole bit. Hell, even that Asian fellow getting his brains splattered is fair game, as long as you can make something good of it.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
I'm not very good with Photoshop but I came up with an idea.

How about a rip off of the Showdown at the end of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The classic GAF photoshop contests had source images, didn't they? It's easier to get participants that way.

EviLore said:
The classic GAF photoshop contests had source images, didn't they? It's easier to get participants that way.

Yeah. It also helps by offering a more concrete subject. For example, the contest could be "Console War boxart" or something.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
EviLore said:
I believe the also had this exact same topic. ;)

Couldn't come up with anything new Matlock?

I'm in!

Matlock

Banned
Added a bit to the end of the post to try to make it more concrete.

Scola: the former premise was "The War on Terror And Videogames."

This is going for anything and everything war related. Any war! Any image from it! Anything related! It's all fair game!

Also: Could I get a sticky up in this bizzzzzzitch?

Tim

Yeah we need to get this stickied if we want as many people as possible to know about it.
Any mod kind enough to fix it?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I think it was the Iraq war and games, but again I was kidding ;)

This is another "get the ball rolling" pic.
This is not my entry. Its a quicky.

fankidscry.jpg

The hard thing about this contest isn't going to be the chopping, but the coming up with an original or funny concept.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
scola said:
Actually I think it was the Iraq war and games, but again I was kidding ;)

This is another "get the ball rolling" pic.
This is not my entry. Its a quicky.

fankidscry.jpg

The hard thing about this contest isn't going to be the chopping, but the coming up with an original or funny concept.

:D

Tim

So I'm actually working hard (or hardly working) on a ps project to tie in with the console war...but I can't stand to see this thread disappear from the main page so everyone let's join in and be creative!

Stryder

jiggle said:
Hmmm...must've it missed it changing to war related. . . oh well, too lazy to restart on another one.:)

pgx.jpg
The original post suggested that it could be just console war related and not real world war related, there was an edit afterwards.

btw. we've already had a war photoshop thread haven't we? Remember the one with that Saddam Link who had found the WMD's? (that was awesome btw, and so is this effort above).

Matlock

Banned
Wow, all of the current entries are real good. Everyone has a good chance, though, with three actual prizes and a voting system...so don't be afraid! :D

(except for sporks', which I can't figure out. Gay marriage?)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Matlock said:
Wow, all of the current entries are real good. Everyone has a good chance, though, with three actual prizes and a voting system...so don't be afraid! :D

(except for sporks', which I can't figure out. Gay marriage?)

Yes gay marriage. (remember the microsoft and nintendo superconsole thing)

Vashu

Damn, this thread is going to be awesome. I especially like the one made by jiggle. The We, Nintendo is great too. And like Rei said, the Pikmin is priceless!

Top Bottom