• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picking up a new game pretty soon, help me decide.

Speevy

Banned
Keep in mind that I'll eventually play (and probably buy) nearly every game on this list. But for the immediate future, I need to know what I should pick up. I have a Gamecube and an Xbox.

Pikmin 2

Reviews call it a sure winner, though I wasn't necessarily the biggest fan of the original. Granted, it's a brilliant game, but "Pikmin" didn't necessarily grab me the way I thought it would. Still, I can't help but feel I need to give its beefier sequel a try.

Burnout 3: Takedown

Normally this game (or any racer) wouldn't even be on the radar for me, but wow, look at all these great review scores. And since it's arcade racing and has custom soundtracks, I had to list it.

Fable

I already have this game preordered, so I might just go ahead with this one. My original anticipation has gone down a bit, but I still consider Fable a game that I must play. Afterall, that's what this generation is to me. A chance to experience gaming outside of my normal little "box".

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders

Looks pretty cool from what I've seen. I may just give this one a whirl.

Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded

Fighting mayhem at a fraction of the price. I'm a little worried about this one because I won't be able to take advantage of its online/multiplayer components, but it still looks pretty fun.

Donkey Konga

Continuing in the tradition of genres that I haven't touched before, I thought I'd give this a whirl. It may be merely average as far as music games go, but what frame of reference do I have? Plus, it's the perfect way to get the drums for 2005's Jungle Beat and Odama.

Tales of Symphonia

Here's a supposedly meaty RPG which I still haven't picked up. I definitely want this game, so it would be a shame if I let the year pass without playing it.

Or should I just wait until October?

AeroGod

It depends on what you want to play. If you didnt really dig Pikmin dont bother with two just yet, unless the thing you hated most was the time limit which they have throw out thankfully. Still, might be better to wait for a deal. I like it and was a fan of the first but I dont see it as a must own or even better then the other games on your list. if you dont like racers that much dont bother with Burnout 3 right away. Sure it gets good reviews, but if you arnt big on racers I dont see the point. Its fast paced and it has cool crashes, but its still a car game.

Im going to vote for Tales of Symphonia. Probably get the most out of it as likely you will spend 40+ hours if you really get into it. Havnt played Fable or KUF yet though and I will be picking at least Fable up, maybe give KUF a rent.

AniHawk

Here's a supposedly meaty RPG which I still haven't picked up. I definitely want this game, so it would be a shame if I let the year pass without playing it.

You could wait until it hits Player's Choice (which is possible to happen next year since it's been selling really well). If you need RPG fixes on the GC, Super Mario RPG 4 and Baten Kaitos are coming out later this year. Plus, there's the chance ToS may reach our shores for the PS2 next spring with some bonuses.

Pikmin 2 is a great game. Seriously, I was shocked at how much more I liked it than the original. It was like going from Ratchet & Clank to Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, or Super Smash Bros. to Super Smash Bros. Melee.

If you really want the drums for Jungle Beat, get Donkey Konga because it IS a fun game. But if you have a PS2, get Taiko: Drum Master.

Right now, I'd say your best bets lie with Fable and Pikmin 2. They're probably going to be about as long as each other after you've replayed them both (Pikmin 2 has a fun battle mode for a second player, and Fable has good/evil sidequests as you know).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3. Burnout 3.

Chony

Wario64 said:
Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2 Pikmin 2

Pikmin 2

Stryder

I think you would be happiest with Pikmin 2, or Burnout 3.
The feeling of freedom in Pikmin 2 is much more noticable than with the first one, if you were looking at gaming 'out of your box' then this might be worthy of consideration.

I wouldn't bother with KUF:Crusaders unless you plan to play on Live.

Top Bottom