• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 2: Game of the Year Nominee?

Speevy

Banned
It obviously won't win with such games as Halo 2, HL2, GTASA, etc. but don't you guys think it should be nominated? I certainly do.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
still a week til its released here. god damn it.

Speevy

Banned
SKluck said:
No.

GGOTY? Sure.

Well it's certainly up there with the best that's been released so far. Like I said, it wouldn't have a chance of winning. But if Jak 2 can be nominated, surely Pikmin 2 deserves a spot.

epmode

Korranator said:
What's so great about a stripped down cutesyfied RTS with bad level design?
that's soo 2001.

pikmin 2 >>>> pikmin 1. EAD's best game in a long time. as for goty? any other year and it would have a good shot.

Alcibiades

I think the consensus is that this and Paper Mario are the front runners, but San Andreas is in the mix too...

we'll have to wait for Echoes, Halo 2, and Prince of Persia 2 as well, those might be in the mix...

Hmmm, for me the choices would be for Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2 and Fable so far. But I have yet to play MP2: E, Mario Tennis and Halo 2. Played tons of GTA: SA, it's okay, but not GOTY.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think we're all forgetting about a little game called Four Swords. I think it's the best game on the GC by far this year.

Wellington said:
I think we're all forgetting about a little game called Four Swords. I think it's the best game on the GC by far this year.
Yeah. I did forget about that as well. It seems like it's been with me forever. I meet with my group of friends for 4 Sword sessions every other weekend or so, and it's simply a blast. The game has so much appeal it's hard not to at least give it the nod. It's certainly on the top 5 for the Cube this year.

Ironclad

Pikmin 2 IMO is definetly the GGOTY. Paper Mario 2 is close, but Pikmin 2 was such a great experience that it shouldn't be missed by any gamer.

Top Bottom