• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 2 most mature title this gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it is. The world is shown as a restful, fun, engaging, unforgiving, even brutal, just like our world. This has to be Nintendo's most violent game. Sure there is no blood, but when a boss squishes pikmin and minions alike, well it's a sight to behold. I've never felt so much attachment videogame characters until you see a creature have a smogesboard on your little troop of friends.

In a weird sort of way, this game is a game about parenting, and making toddlers listen to you, and keep them out of harm's way. Also, Olimar's notes show many thoughts that don't occur until you're older, with a family, so I'll probably appreciate the game more when I replay it in the future.

Because of Pikmin 2's uncompromising look at wildlife behavior, and protagonist's realistic charactization, Pikmin 2 is the most mature game of this gen. I think you really have to be older to get true enjoyment out of this title.

signet

masked-prog-thumb.jpg

You are the internet winner!

I guess it depends on your definition of mature. Someone who's eight years old isn't going to understand the complexities of something like Splinter Cell, but can easily play Pikmin 2. If anything Pikmin 2 is a more simplistic way of showing something that is more mature in subject... that's not to take anything away from the game, it's fantastic, but there are more realistic "simulation" games out there that you'd need to be older in order to understand and grasp.

Also, I don't know about you, but I'd never take toddlers into battle knowing full well some of them will be sacrificed for the greater good ;-)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
what? are you trying to tell me that being mature doesnt necissarily mean i get to live out my internet tough guy persona? :(

Fularu

Banned
segasonic said:
Damn, N-ta.. umm Nintendo fans are delusional. Play some Manhunt and cry! ;)

manhunt has nothing to do with beeing mature, but everything with beeing a kid wanting to play the badboy

signet

worldrunover said:
Also, I don't know about you, but I'd never take toddlers into battle knowing full well some of them will be sacrificed for the greater good ;-)

Am I the only one that throws babies at incoming dangers?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Fularu said:
manhunt has nothing to do with beeing mature, but everything with beeing a kid wanting to play the badboy

Bingo

Games like manhunt are more in the category of immature

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This is controlled and well thought out ZANINESS.

Although I'd have to admit, my girlfriend HATES the sound and visions of little Pikmin eatting dirt. I laugh at it but seeing them getting crushed and attacking like vicious monkies brings a sense of reality to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom