• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 2...

I've also got F-Zero GP Legend, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and Pokemon Box. WTF is Pokemon Box? It doesn't seem to have any gameplay functionality, just a viewing program for your Pokemon? I knew the Pokemon craze was huge, but people would pay for this? I'm shocked that it still is going so strong (and that there's still room and demand for knockoffs like Mega Man NT and Yu-Gi-Oh!).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Isn't Pokemon Box some type of index thingy that keeps track of Pokemon you collected? Also, I think it lets you play Pokemon on GC without using a GBPlayer

Wario64 said:
Isn't Pokemon Box some type of index thingy that keeps track of Pokemon you collected? Also, I think it lets you play Pokemon on GC without using a GBPlayer

That's what the box says...which prompted me to think who the hell would pay $50 for it. Then again, who the hell would pay....ah, it's too easy.

jarrod

Banned
explodet said:
$20, with a free link cable and memory card.
Let's see...

Memory Card 59~ MSRP $14.99
GameCube-GameBoy Advance Link Cable~ MSRP $9.99

...so Nintendo's essentially paying consumers $5 for Pokemon Box. ;)

Ristamar

Of course, no one in their right might is going to pay $15 for a Mem 59, regardless of the MSRP. They should probably drop them to $10 a pop (and even that's a little expensive).

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Pokemon Box should've really been integrated into Colosseum. It was probably primarily released to get more GCN-GBA cables out there to encourage connectivity, as well as being able to sell another product (even with the low MSRP and included hardware, they're still likely picking up at least a few bucks on every sale, as I'm sure the game was developed by a small number of programmers in very little time).

Hellraizah

There's a lot of people on this board that would die to play Pikmin 2 right now, and, the lucky one, is DJ Demon J. Unfortunately, he's not a big Nintendo fan, and he probably didn't even try the game.

Life is so full of injustice. :p

AniHawk

TekunoRobby said:
DJ Demon J makes me sad.

I want Pikmin 2. :(

All you'd have to do is kill him and it will be yours.

Or take it from his desk.

The killing thing probably works too, though.

jarrod

Banned
human5892 said:
Pokemon Box should've really been integrated into Colosseum. It was probably primarily released to get more GCN-GBA cables out there to encourage connectivity, as well as being able to sell another product (even with the low MSRP and included hardware, they're still likely picking up at least a few bucks on every sale, as I'm sure the game was developed by a small number of programmers in very little time).
Actually, Pokemon Box would've made for a great preorder campaign for Pokemon Colosseum (a la OoT MQ & TWW).

Superbone

This thread sucks...

I thought, just maybe, there would be some impressions. You've got it. Whoop de doo. Now play it and give impressions and maybe this thread wouldn't be a waste of my time!

Tenguman

Superbone said:
This thread sucks...

I thought, just maybe, there would be some impressions. You've got it. Whoop de doo. Now play it and give impressions and maybe this thread wouldn't be a waste of my time!

You're on a videogame messageboard. You're already wasting your time.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
jarrod said:
Actually, Pokemon Box would've made for a great preorder campaign for Pokemon Colosseum (a la OoT MQ & TWW).
That would've worked, too. Really, anything except selling it as a standalone product -- even the free stuff they threw in doesn't really justify it.

Top Bottom