• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pipe bomb explodes at U.S. stem-cell lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5842216/

No one was wounded in Thursday’s early morning blast at Watertown, Massachusetts-based Amaranth Bio, which says on its Web site its technology is focused on organ regeneration and that it is working on cures for diabetes and liver disorders.

In a statement, Watertown police confirmed the explosion was the result of a pipe bomb and said they believe someone broke into the facility. No arrests have been made, police said.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Its a good thing they did this! What would our world be without diabetes and liver disorders?

Diablos

That doesn't matter! You see, stem cell research is messing with God's will! Not like medicine, casual sex, masturbation, being a slave to the man for 5 days a week or anything else isn't, but hey -- stem cell research is the new one to pick on!

The sad thing is stem cell research could really help us and is anything but playing God.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Pipe bombs make baby Jesus cry...

Mind you, had the research centre had it's way, baby Jesus may have found himself being the new cure for cancer...

*runs, fast*

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Sod that Raoul, stop the planet & me & thee will kick all the other mofos off, we deserve it more, let them have...hmmmm, say Mercury? :p

Tenguman

Eh, just as retarded as ELF burning SUVs and Apartment buildings to save the planet's atmosphere

well this is a little more retarded since they're looking to hurt people, but still on the same level of idiocy.

Triumph

Banned
Freeburn said:
Sod that Raoul, stop the planet & me & thee will kick all the other mofos off, we deserve it more, let them have...hmmmm, say Mercury? :p
Cool. But just to satisfy my personal sense of Revolucion, The First Thing We Do, Let's Kill All The Lawyers. Mercury is too good for them.

Hmm... that leaves all the booze... FOR US!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Foolish Mortals!

flashg1.jpg

Tenguman said:
Eh, just as retarded as ELF burning SUVs and Apartment buildings to save the planet's atmosphere

well this is a little more retarded since they're looking to hurt people, but still on the same level of idiocy.

First of all, ELF isn't just about protecting the planet's atmosphere. They want to "inflict economic damage on those profitting from the destruction and exploitation of the natural environment", and "they believe that the damage being done to the Earth by pollution, logging, mining...".

Futhermore, that lab probably had a ton of expensive equipment. In one blast alone, they probably destroyed a ton of money AND a lot of hard work.

I'm not trying to defend environmental terrorists btw, they have destroyed and impeded enough research.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/US/SciTech/eco_terrorism_questions_040323-1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom