• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Places that do international shipping?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Can anyone give me the heads up on game stores that do international shipping? I would like to find a few more Gamestop does but they are not shipping NCAA yet...and I need it...

My NOM UK buddies get their American games from some place in Canada that ships internationally. Can't remember the name though.

Blackace

ebgames doesn't ship internationally... DVDboxoffice doesn't have NCAA... I want it for the Xbox..but I might just cave in and order it for the PS2

I used to use dvdboxoffice but got sick of their long delivery times. I also used Tronix once and my games were lost in the mail for 12 months! But I DID get them! lol

So now I just stick with eBay. There's plenty of brand new games for sale and it's in the sellers best interest to get it to you fast and in good condition as their reputations are on the line. They seem to care more then online stores do.

IgeL said:
Doesn't always, at least not on pre-orders (Sudeki, for example). Might have something to do with the "extra goodies".

Oh, I didn't know this one, as I never had the chance to order at Ebgames. They ship nearly everywhere but for some unknown reason they don't ship to Austria.

stonedwal

I highly recommend The Rage, though they can be a little slow on price drops. Never been hit with import duty on any packages from them.

Bigger chains like EB tend to add an absorbident surcharge to international packages. I think its around $US35.

Blackace

stonedwal said:
I highly recommend The Rage, though they can be a little slow on price drops. Never been hit with import duty on any packages from them.

Bigger chains like EB tend to add an absorbident surcharge to international packages. I think its around $US35.

Yes that's true! 29.99 at Gamestop...

cja

Therage.com (using USPS for delivery) and Videogamesplus.ca have been good to me. Dvdboxoffice are a joke, you save yourself a small amount compared to videogamesplus on delivery but I waited months for a couple of games that had been pre-ordered. EB charge a lot for delivery and I was hammered by customs the one time I used Gamestop.

8bit

Knows the Score
Videogamesplus.ca have been excellent for me so far. 3 Orders, each of them arriving with 3 working days.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I can't say enough good things about videogamesplus.ca - only mark against them is that I bought a pre-owned game from them that didn't work (along with a couple of others that did work), but since it cost virtually nothing - certainly little enough that it wasn't worth sending back - I don't feel too bad about it. For the new stuff they're just fine, though. Fast, reliable, and I've never felt the pain of import tax.

Blackace

Well if iapetus is down...then count me in.... I just order 2 games from there super cheap shipping so that's really nice!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
It doesnt actually say anything about where they ship to. I know EBgames ship to Dubai but their prices are a killer.

Blackace

psycho_snake said:
It doesnt actually say anything about where they ship to. I know EBgames ship to Dubai but their prices are a killer.

Hmmm Just try to make an ccount...if they don't say anything about it...

8bit

Knows the Score
EBgames take the piss with shipping outside of the US. I was stung for 20 dollars for shipping for something, and was then hit with customs. videogamesplus.ca were quicker and didn't incur anything from the border patrols.

Fifty

8bit said:
EBgames take the piss with shipping outside of the US. I was stung for 20 dollars for shipping for something, and was then hit with customs. videogamesplus.ca were quicker and didn't incur anything from the border patrols.

Same here (From EB)........and I live in Canada!

It's so awful to live so close to the states and to never be able to take advantage of EB's promos.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Just a heads up for people in Japan wanting PC GAMES.

What is left of Asobit (scattered around aki) actually seems to be selling import PC games CHEAPER than at any of these sites.

... actually, now i think about it - i saw quite a few Xbox games in there last time i was in...

Also, Messe Sanoh Chaos store is becoming very competitive...
A lot of new games are coming straight in at 6800 then dropping to 5800 (Riddick/FSW/etc)

And if it's an Asian version, then it goes for even less. And the second hand section in Traders is also good (this weekend: Transformers PS2 = 20$ )

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I've ordered from Dvdboxoffice once, and they managed to screw it up on my first order. I ordered a few games, one was a preorder that was being released a couple of days later. I paid for faster shipping, and being reasonable, I expected them to send everything in one package in order to keep the costs down. Instead, they sent me three packages, forcing me to pay 3 x shipping, AND with the added costs of two of my packages getting stuck in customs.

I asked them "WHY couldn't you at least WAIT for two days, so that I wouldn't have to pay for THREE separate packages?"

And they simply replied "No, that's not how we do it. We ship packages as soon as we can."

Thus, I'm never ordering from dvdboxoffice again.

videogameplus on the other hand. They simply rock. Great, great service, veeery fast shipping, low shipping costs, low prices overall, and they even sell preplayed games cheap in mint condition. I ordered a package from them, but it somehow got lost in the mail. I e-mailed them about it, and they promised to fix it for me.

So they sent me another package completely free, no charges whatsoever. I later recieved both packages...and since they were so nice, I decided, of course, to send one of the packages back. :)

Top Bottom