• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play an MMORPG? Post your character!

Here's my current character. He rox. Can summon BEARS! n such.

treeman.jpg

ohamsie

Bear summoning is a cool ability.

I don't play any mmorpgs, I just don't care for monthly fees. If it was a one time fee then I'd be all over them.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't have a screen handy of my DAoC character, but here's my Pirate/Dancer in SWG hanging out in the Mos Eisley cantina. I really need to move my house closer to Eisley since I'm there so often:
screenShot0050.jpg

ohamsie said:
I don't play any mmorpgs, I just don't care for monthly fees. If it was a one time fee then I'd be all over them.

How's it any different than paying for cable, internet, or a cell phone each month?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Randam_Hajile said:
Hmm, I'd always thought it was to be an MMO... So how many players does it support?

Part of being a MMORPG means having a persistant world that keeps going after you log out. The only thing persistant in Guild Wars are the towns.

akascream

Banned
Undead rock!

Meh. Take a good looking piece of gear and it turns into rags the second an undead character puts it on. Abilities vs undead are mean, turn undead, shackle, ect.. esp in PvP, but even in PvE. I dig the horde, but I wish they'd have put in goblins instead of Undead as a playable race.. especially since the horde are so large as a whole.

akascream said:
Meh. Take a good looking piece of gear and it turns into rags the second an undead character puts it on. Abilities vs undead are mean, turn undead, shackle, ect.. esp in PvP, but even in PvE. I dig the horde, but I wish they'd have put in goblins instead of Undead as a playable race.. especially since the horde are so large as a whole.

I'm going Undead for sure. I think they are the best looking race in the game, especially rogue wise. They look good in leather. Just have to avoid those Paladins/Clerics. In the case of Clerics there just aren't enough running around to make a big impact. Thankfully I'll have stealth though. :) And the Undead racial traits could be changed when all traits are put into the game. Who knows. Even if they don't change... I'm not worried. Unless I get the jump on someone my chances of winning the battle are significantly lower as a rogue anyway. Under water breathing, sleep imunity, fear imunity etc... All very nice.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Here are my favorite 3 MMO characters I've rolled:

Here's Knai, the troll rogue. RARRRR!!! Going to roll him again for WoW retail. :)

Some relaxing fishing (with my pet snake!) after a long day of owning Alliance losers. ;)

That's me in the middle. Obo the robot controller! The other guys are my friends, The Old Master, and The Beachwood Spark.

Probably my favorite character out of all the ones I've ever played: Odnetnin Olorin, the froglok paladin. FROOOOOAK

akascream

Banned
If you are a rogue, it won't matter as much 1v1 cause you do need the drop on people, but I've played a decent amount of pvp for being on a beta server(prob why I level so slow heh), and things don't tend to always work 1v1.

Last night, for instance, we had a kick ass battle between South Shore and Tauren Mill. We'd push them back, they'd push us back. Rogues pop into battle and try to get out, but they get swarmed. Anyway, in PvE it is pretty balanced. You won't get slept or feared in some dungeons, but you will be turned and shackled in others.. no big deal.

Matlock

Banned
matlockguildwars.jpg

Still haven't gotten around to customizing him, heh.

This game is HOT, though! Aweome art! Awesome graphics! Guild Wars rox!

Ploid 3.0

Name: Ploid ( Uber original, no? )
level: 60Thief, 45Red mage, 30Ninja, 28warrior, blah blah
Favorite passtime: Camping NMs for gilzorzs!

1263154Plo041010001200a.jpg

1263155Plo041010000753a.jpg

1251124No.jpg

Forsete

Her is my main dude from EVE Online

Forsete
For1.jpg

For2.jpg

The last skill I did took 39 days. :D

This guy eats Master Cheifs for breakfast.
smileysex5.gif

wow thoae WoW screens look cool

here's mine....never took one of my FFXI character Daaah

Great WasabiMan from CoH in the Test Server before issuse 2 went live...thats when I stoped
cape3.gif

I can't find where SWG saves the screenshots besides Bria or the log inserver is down.....again

ManaByte

Gold Member
Great Wasabi Man said:
I can't find where SWG saves the screenshots besides Bria or the log inserver is down.....again

I'm on Corbantis fine right now as I type this. Flying around in my latest purchase (a MandalMotors G1-M4-C "Dunelizard") and am hunting down Black Sun pirates around the Death Star debris fields in the Yavin 4 area:
screenShot0053.jpg

ManaByte said:
I'm on Corbantis fine right now as I type this. Flying around in my latest purchase (a MandalMotors G1-M4-C "Dunelizard") and am hunting down Black Sun pirates around the Death Star debris fields in the Yavin 4 area:
screenShot0053.jpg

it's probally my connection then...my cables been buggy at nights. How space? I'm thinking about getting JTL tomorrow.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Great Wasabi Man said:
it's probally my connection then...my cables been buggy at nights. How space? I'm thinking about getting JTL tomorrow.

It makes SWG what it should've been from day 1 :)

eva01

Khyron level 39 Undead Warlock on PvP server.
Blackswordsman Guts level 20 Warrior/Necromancer - Guild Wars.
Use to play Daoc but not anymore on Lancelot(Vyse, Validus, Mortel), Pellinor(Etavien, Meseta), Morgan Le Fay(Visor)

sshot011.jpg

Kweh

Me in GW, nice looking game, just not a fan of much else in it.

gw001.jpg

Then my longest serving toon in FFXI

First ,acting as bait...

gulp.jpg

...then, chilling with some music.

jungle.jpg

signet

eqguy.jpg

lvl 31 bard

Started playing EQ again a while back, here is a pic of me from this morning. At night skeletons invade this zone. Got a nice mask from it, fun Halloween event.

Top Bottom