• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Modern Warfare 2(2009) Multiplayer with the H2M-Mod for Modern Warfare Remastered

Tarnpanzer

A modding team has completely recreated the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 from 2009 and the game can be played on Steam. Here’s how it works and how you can play H2 Multiplayer.
Here’s how you can get involved:
  • Buy Modern Warfare Remastered on Steam if you don’t already own it.
  • Head over to the H2M website.
  • Download the H2M installer when it becomes available on its release date of Friday, August 16.
The game is bringing back all of the original MW2 maps — much like 2023’s MW3 — on top of the Modern Warfare Remastered maps, as well as the classic Modern Warfare 2 weapons, perks, attachments, killstreaks, and even the prestige emblems.

Thanks to the mod, Modern Warfare Remastered has quickly flown up the Steam charts, becoming the second best-selling game on the platform at the time of writing, behind just Counter-Strike 2.

It helps that MWR is currently on sale until August 15, too, at half price, an accidental yet perfectly-timed sale.

Looks extremely ambitious:

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
I will give it a try. Won't be the same now though, people will cry if you abuse them or want timeouts for their mental wellbeing. Fuck off you fucken idiots, we're here for a riot not a group meditation session.

This is amazing but I wonder if there is anyway for Activision to take it down. MW2 2009 had a mod 10+ years ago that used a custom servers / dedicated servers? That was forced to be taken down. Don't remember the name of the mod.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Modding is apart of gaming, if you want mods they’re there it’s a lot of work for casual audiences.

This is amazing but I wonder if there is anyway for Activision to take it down. MW2 2009 had a mod 10+ years ago that used a custom servers / dedicated servers? That was forced to be taken down. Don't remember the name of the mod.
I think it was IWNet. Shame about that. They killed the only viable way to play the game without fear of getting hacked.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
7oUHJ7n.png

MiguelItUp

People need to stop announcing these kind of mods before they come out.
Yeah, it's always a double edged sword. A lot of people work hard on something, so they want to get noticed. Which isn't always a problem, but it all depends on the studio that owns the IP. As unfortunate as this is, I don't think it's surprising at all, because it's Activision and all of the attention it got.

Yeah, it's always a double edged sword. A lot of people work hard on something, so they want to get noticed. Which isn't always a problem, but it all depends on the studio that owns the IP. As unfortunate as this is, I don't think it's surprising at all, because it's Activision and all of the attention it got.
Sure, but they announced it like 4 days before it was going to be released. YouTubers were playing it.

That's just stupid dumbass hubris.

MiguelItUp

Sure, but they announced it like 4 days before it was going to be released. YouTubers were playing it.

That's just stupid dumbass hubris.
Yeah, it's a weird thing to do and then be shocked when the C&D hits. There have just been so many examples in the past of similar things, I don't know why anyone gets shocked anymore. Especially when it's a studio like Activision.

Strategize

Disgusting evil fucking company, yeah I'm sure it's just a coincidence they waited to do this literally one day before release and right after the MW remastered stopped.

Kupfer

EDIT: Too late, I'm tired.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered mod H2M, which sought to revive Modern Warfare 2 (2009) multiplayer on PC, has been canceled on the eve of its launch after its developers said they received a cease and desist letter from Activision.
IGN

200.gif

Last edited:

yansolo

as if activision of all companies was just going to sit back and do nothing, if only people showed some restraint and stopped buying their rubbish

GHG

Gold Member
So a little update someone who was at one time fairly close to Acti says they were fairly ok with this mod as it obviously boosted sales but one of the main Devs was showing people how to pirate the MW2 game to play his mod via his Discord.

Allegedly

So why not go after that individual dev instead of the whole project?

That way they solve the issue while keeping the sales boost. The decision doesn't really add up with what's been said.

LordCBH

Let’s be REAL clear here. Microsoft did it since Activision IS Microsoft now. Can’t pawn off the negative to “lol Activision” but then claim the positive.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Let’s be REAL clear here. Microsoft did it since Activision IS Microsoft now. Can’t pawn off the negative to “lol Activision” but then claim the positive.
I dunno like MadchesterManc MadchesterManc said there are other mods still up and running like Plutonium (I guess its still up as of this posting)

I had mentioned early one of the people working on H2M mod were helping people pirate the base game seeing more people saying he also had cheat engines up in his Discord while promoting this mod

Again this is allegedly because I haven't been to this persons Discord to see it

Larxia

So, a mod is announced, people get so hyped that the game climbs into the top sellers on steam, activision see this, and they decide to shut it down.
Is there any logical explanation behind this?

Three

So why not go after that individual dev instead of the whole project?

That way they solve the issue while keeping the sales boost. The decision doesn't really add up with what's been said.
It makes sense once you realise that mods are a replacement for map packs and skins when you're wilfully tanking game sales.

Last edited:

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think I have the battle.net version of MWR, wonder if it works, but probably a moot point with the legal smackdown. Original MW2 was really fun, though big cheater problems on the PC version. Activision is bad, and I think Microsoft is like a multiplier for shitiness.

I just checked my Game Pass sub status, haven't used it in literally years, stupidly loaded up on Xbox Live Gold and $1 conversions as if I were doing myself a favor...

yoOecCk.png

Bro, I know I had already canceled that recurring billing, what kind of shit is that? Anyway, canceled it again... and I guess I could give BO6 a try since it won't be costing me any new money, but still butthurt about an unjust BOCW permaban and the complete lack of transparency and support Microsoft/Activision are willing to give to a longtime customer.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think I have the battle.net version of MWR, wonder if it works, but probably a moot point with the legal smackdown. Original MW2 was really fun, though big cheater problems on the PC version. Activision is bad, and I think Microsoft is like a multiplier for shitiness.

I just checked my Game Pass sub status, haven't used it in literally years, stupidly loaded up on Xbox Live Gold and $1 conversions as if I were doing myself a favor...

yoOecCk.png

Bro, I know I had already canceled that recurring billing, what kind of shit is that? Anyway, canceled it again... and I guess I could give BO6 a try since it won't be costing me any new money, but still butthurt about an unjust BOCW permaban and the complete lack of transparency and support Microsoft/Activision are willing to give to a longtime customer.
You will also get access to the early BO6 beta in 2 weeks

Barakov

So a little update someone who was at one time fairly close to Acti says they were fairly ok with this mod as it obviously boosted sales but one of the main Devs was showing people how to pirate the MW2 game to play his mod via his Discord.

Allegedly
Oh No What GIF by Washed Media

Dumb people and discord seem to go together.

Top Bottom