• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Pikmin2 in a hotel near you

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/30/news_6106039.html

Nintendo and LodgeNet, a provider of interactive entertainment systems to hotel rooms worldwide, announced today the first-ever simultaneous release of a GameCube game to both the consumer turf and hotels. As the long-awaited Pikmin 2 ships to retail today, GameCube-equipped LodgeNet systems will also feature the engaging strategy game. Hotel guests will pay an hourly gameplay fee to play the new title. LodgeNet's GameCube service premiered in June of 2003 and is currently the only in-room gaming service featuring current-generation hardware. Nintendo 64 and Super NES games are available on LodgeNet systems in more than 5,000 hotels, but the company has not announced how many of these units feature GameCube games.

True story: when I interviewed for the IGN job, the hotel they put me up in was so ghetto...

"How ghetto was it?"

You know how some hotels still have the Nintendo 64 games in the room? This one had Super Nintendo.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I would consider a room with a N64 to be more ghetto than a room with a SNES. Super Punch-Out all the way, baby.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
When I went on vacation to DC with my girlfriend, they allowed you to play SNES... but it was like $6/hr for Mario World and Mario Kart and 2 other games... I'm like "no thanks", since I have all those original carts and can play them for free any time I wanted to =P The hotel was reasonably decent though and definitely not ghetto.

Besides, it was our first trip together with just the 2 of us... SNES may be the best system ever, but there was other business I had to attend to :D

Jumpman

I wonder how much this will effect Pikmin 2's NPD sales?

+5000?

+25000?

Actually these probably aren't even counted by NPD. I really would like to know how many games and Gamecubes Nintendo is putting in hotels. They seem to have Lodgenet locked down.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
tHIS DEVELOPEMENT WILL HALP FUllfill my longtime fantasy...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Lodge net sucks my balls. You are better off packing up some of your favorite games and a few controllers with your system, unless you are packing light.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kobun Heat said:
True story: when I interviewed for the IGN job, the hotel they put me up in was so ghetto...

"How ghetto was it?"

You know how some hotels still have the Nintendo 64 games in the room? This one had Super Nintendo.
That sounds much better to me.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Kobun Heat said:

"How ghetto was it?"

Those heathens!!!

Top Bottom