• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

What a nice news to wake up to! Dungeon Travelers 2 localized to add to the play atleast one DRPG this year list.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hopefully Bamco decides to localize Digimon, GE2RB! Oh and Xseed for IA / VT!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What a nice news to wake up to! Dungeon Travelers 2 localized to add to the play atleast one DRPG this year list.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hopefully Bamco decides to localize Digimon, GE2RB! Oh and Xseed for IA / VT!

Will be interesting to see come E3 if they do not do an announcement before hand. Still think they are waiting for the anime though for God Eater and the rumored one for Digimon Tri.

Seeing how the God Eater anime is slated to start in Summer in Japan and the current trend with localized anime is they get near release on the usual streaming sites perhaps summer for God Eater 2: RB after announcing it at E3?

Pure speculation though, but would most def help the sales for God Eater with folks getting hyped from the anime who were not already familiar with the IP.

One thing for sure is BanNam does have a fair selection of titles to potentially announce. Would imagine they will be announcing SAO: Lost Song too since the Asian release with the English subtitles is coming up next month.

Am curious if they would consider Gundam Breaker for the West with how popular the Gundam Build Fighter 1 & 2 animes were.

Will be interesting to see come E3 if they do not do an announcement before hand. Still think they are waiting for the anime though for God Eater and the rumored one for Digimon Tri.

Seeing how the God Eater anime is slated to start in Summer in Japan and the current trend with localized anime is they get near release on the usual streaming sites perhaps summer for God Eater 2: RB after announcing it at E3?

Pure speculation though, but would most def help the sales for God Eater with folks getting hyped from the anime who were not already familiar with the IP.

One thing for sure is BanNam does have a fair selection of titles to potentially announce.

Am curious if they would consider Gundam Breaker for the West with how popular the Gundam Build Fighter 1 & 2 animes were.
For sure. I too think GE 2 will be announced around the time the anime is out (which btw I am super excited for too). I talk so much about God Eater on here that I should get a party thrown for me when it gets announced. And trust me, it will.

Hikami

All Persona and Erin Fitzgerald or Chie fans should watch this:
Persona 4 Golden Changed My Life - Kinda Funny Gamescast Special
Also, fellow Vitacats. We need to trend #Erin4P5. She's such a great person and voice actor, and she still doesn't seem have been given a role for the next game!

TOTP: Buy Persona 4 Golden.

watched this yesterday but forgot to comment on it.

Found it interesting that she said/implied P4D's (English) voice work was close to done, that's reassuring for the western release.
P5 on the other hand.. would've thought that they had the voice actors set by now, but I guess not? I don't know how long dubbing P5 would take but, the game is supposed to come out this year in the west after all..

Tapejara

How much does a Vita grip help to counter hand cramping? I've noticed my left hand starts to freeze up when playing long sessions.

Producer

For sure. I too think GE 2 will be announced around the time the anime is out (which btw I am super excited for too). I talk so much about God Eater on here that I should get a party thrown for me when it gets announced. And trust me, it will.

God Eater 2 RB localization is a lock imo. I need more Alisa in my life.

watched this yesterday but forgot to comment on it.

Found it interesting that she said/implied P4D's (English) voice work was close to done, that's reassuring for the western release.
P5 on the other hand.. would've thought that they had the voice actors set by now, but I guess not? I don't know how long dubbing P5 would take but, the game is supposed to come out this year in the west after all..
Yeah, I still wouldn't be too worried you know. Even if it does take, let's say 2 months to record, that means they'd be done around when the Summer starts. This to me seems like a holiday release, also a reminder that P4D is scheduled for this year as well, and before P5 and they are only finishing the recordings now.

God Eater 2 RB localization is a lock imo. I need more Alisa in my life.
I need more of everything in God Eater in my life.

antibolo

Banned
Ugh what the fuck

I manually rebuilt the database on my Vita because I had a weird issue where some apps were showing up as the wrong size (ie. large digital games reporting as a few megs) and it DESTROYED ALL MY FOLDERS AND ICON PLACEMENTS

Shizuka

Oreshika (english version) sold out @Play-Asia. I guess they didn't get a lot of copies. If anyone is waiting, you'd better pre-order Moero Chronicle or Sword Art Online: Lost Song in case you're keen on getting a physical copy for those games.
Just send me a PM before you do pre-order from them, if you would help a friend out.

Vylash

Ugh what the fuck

I manually rebuilt the database on my Vita because I had a weird issue where some apps were showing up as the wrong size (ie. large digital games reporting as a few megs) and it DESTROYED ALL MY FOLDERS AND ICON PLACEMENTS

oh man so it's not just me with that problem, only affected 3 games but it was still very confusing

antibolo

Banned
Soon Miku will be bigger than Borderlands 2...

v4BQlbX.jpg

Soon Miku will be bigger than Borderlands 2...

We still what five or more song DLCs on top of the modules, we can get to borderlands 2 pretty soon. lol

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Been playing EDF2017 vita recently and despite its slowdowns, I really like it. Although I'm having difficulty playing as Pale Wing after doing a trigger happy Storm 1 campaign. She's pretty much a definition of a glass cannon for now. Any tips?

Maid

Banned
Is the Shining series still good? They stopped localizing entirely like a decade ago right?

I don't know much about other title, but Shining Resonance at least looks as good as (or better than) Tales of Zestiria, and much more pretty. The OST is great, too.

Zephyx

Ugh what the fuck

Your weird issue aside, I think that's what normally happens when you rebuild your database. Same thing happened to me when I rebuilt.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is getting an US release, retail and digital
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dungeon-travelers-2-coming-north-america-this-summer

ATLUS, so I'll probably just import to EU, which isn't even mentioned

Is this one of those first person dungeon crawlers? Haven't tried a lot of games with the same genre as I prefer third person POV for most of my games (I also get nauseous playing games with first person POV). I think the last dungeon crawler I played was Unlosing Ranger or Chocobo's dungeon. :D Maybe I should start with this one but I feel I'll get dizzy after a few minutes.

Believe. Once GE2:RB gets localized, I think I'll be more active around here to setup parties. The anime being out this summer is a plus too as I am also very excited to see how it pans out.

Been playing EDF2017 vita recently and despite its slowdowns, I really like it. Although I'm having difficulty playing as Pale Wing after doing a trigger happy Storm 1 campaign. She's pretty much a definition of a glass cannon for now. Any tips?

First priority is to spend as much energy as you need to fly to a safe position. Once your position is defensible, next priority is to maximize damage output.

Generally, always carry one weapon with a large clip and one weapon with a small clip, so that you always have something to shoot. Short-range laser plus thunder bow is the correct loadout a lot of the time. Bring sniper weapons to take out high-health enemies from far away. Bring spread guns to keep large swarms under control (keep in mind that these drain energy VERY fast). Plasma and special weapons are too hard to use effectively most of the time.

Once you learn to use flight to evade effectively, Pale Wing becomes easier to survive with than Storm 1 due to the sheer damage you can deal, especially at higher difficulties.

antibolo

Banned
I still never understood how they were so stupid to miss the boat with making portable versions of their games. So for a while that DJ Portable Max filled the gap for many.

That's only the tip of the iceberg of IPs that Konami is currently sitting on and doing nothing with. For fuck's sake they even own the entire Hudson Soft portfolio.

Once you learn to use flight to evade effectively, Pale Wing becomes easier to survive with than Storm 1 due to the sheer damage you can deal, especially at higher difficulties.

Thanks for the tip. I still need to get used to having an energy bar + using flight as evasion so I'm having difficulty right now. But so far using her is great as I can do so much damage faster than Storm 1 if the enemies cannot reach me.

Zephyx

That's only the tip of the iceberg of IPs that Konami is currently sitting on and doing nothing with. For fuck's sake they even own the entire Hudson Soft portfolio.

With Star Ocean being revived, is there a chance Konami'll do the same with the Suikoden franchise? I know they're a bit baffling with their decision making nowadays but they can redeem themselves if they can deliver a good game of that franchise. Their upper management is just a disaster.

Believe. Once GE2:RB gets localized, I think I'll be more active around here to setup parties. The anime being out this summer is a plus too as I am also very excited to see how it pans out.
I'll be honest, I wanna play for the story and characters. The original had no online, or it did but it was through ad-hoc, and I had a blast.

With Star Ocean being revived, is there a chance Konami'll do the same with the Suikoden franchise? I know they're a bit baffling with their decision making nowadays but they can redeem themselves if they can deliver a good game of that franchise. Their upper management is just a disaster.
Konami has gone down the shitter...

Parakeetman

The difference is, its still an active IP / division. As there are some of their stuff on the iPad / smartphones for example. Even before what has happened with the company Konami has always generally ignored the PSP and did the same with the Vita.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh man....

no. :(

Parakeetman

I think the last title they had done was the PSP one which was not all that great. Folks were hyped up for it then after people played it were not happy for the most part. That was back in 2012. Had the game too, was in the same boat looking forward to it. Played the game, not happy at all and got rid of it before the buy back price dropped even faster than it already was.

Tapejara

Top Bottom