• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The reason Shard is saying there is a Golden Week Sale with some authority is that he interviewed someone from Natsume and they said to expect a bunch of Natsume products to go on sale during the upcoming Golden Week Sale.

SerTapTap

Bought the RCR cart, suggested to Tom Happ that Axiom Verge would be awesome to have too, he seemed interested at least. Sony seems to make it possible, at least, so I'd suggest the idea to indie devs of games you'd like to see physical. Not sure how much trouble it is these days, but it's clearly possible which is more than I would have guessed last gen.

The DS4 speaker jack. So good. Got a new pair of headphones last night and was using them in bed via the DS4 speaker. Crystal clear even over bluetooth, in another room, through my crazy thick old house walls.

What's "golden week" anyway?

Carm

I have a question, I'm hoping someone can answer. I'm in the process of thinking up a Online ID for my PSN account. My question is, if the name is say, 15 spaces longer, in games will that name be cut off when it's displayed or will the whole thing show?

SerTapTap

Amazon US are out of some denominations of PSN credit. Wtf?

That digital game thirst? IT seems weird, but they only stock so many codes so it is possible to run out. They'll just have to get a new set of codes from Sony. Never seen it happen for that but I've heard of other game stores running out briefly.

deadfolk

That digital game thirst? IT seems weird, but they only stock so many codes so it is possible to run out. They'll just have to get a new set of codes from Sony. Never seen it happen for that but I've heard of other game stores running out briefly.

Well I hope they hurry up and restock. I bought P4A Ultimax, and now can't play it until I get the P4A story DLC!

I get that they only have so many codes on hand, but you'd think that there would be an automated system to top up when they get below a certain threshold.

Titan Souls on the Vita sounds like a plan to me on the 14th... And here I was saying I wasn't buying anything this month aha. I never learn!

autoduelist

It's basically a week that has a number of holidays and thus makes it the longest vacation period for japanese people.

And elsewhere, means (at least for last year, and hopefully ongoing) we get a lot of Japanese games on sale in NA (and maybe EU?).

It's basically a week that has a number of holidays and thus makes it the longest vacation period for japanese people.

Essentially, yeah. Japan has public holidays on April 29th and May 3-5. If any of them falls on a Sunday, a bonus day is declared to compensate (in the case of this year, that means May 6th is also a public holiday). Unsurprisingly, taking April 30th and May 1st & 2nd off is incredibly common.

eFKac

So there is a fire sale on Playstation TV (this thing doesn't sell at all here) and I might bite, but have a question.

Not every PSP game is compatible, right? Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?

SerTapTap

So there is a fire sale on Playstation TV (this thing doesn't sell at all here) and I might bite, but have a question.

Not every PSP game is compatible, right? Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?
List is the same as PS Vita best I'm aware

I really don't pay much attention to when DLC comes out normally, so me buying the season pass for DriveClub was unusual, and me missing the releases of content as they piled up was predictable. That said, it's kind of cool that every few times I load up DriveClub I've got something new I didn't have before to play with. That's a great way to keep people coming back to your game, and it's certainly enhancing my experience.

-

In other news, if you've missed my April PSVita preview video you should give it a view ;)

SerTapTap

I really don't pay much attention to when DLC comes out normally, so me buying the season pass for DriveClub was unusual, and me missing the releases of content as they piled up was predictable. That said, it's kind of cool that every few times I load up DriveClub I've got something new I didn't have before to play with. That's a great way to keep people coming back to your game, and it's certainly enhancing my experience.

-

In other news, if you've missed my April PSVita preview video you should give it a view ;)

Driveclub's pass is great. Whole lot more content on a monthly basis. Feels like a proper "season pass" instead of a 4 for the price of 3 DLC bundle

Driveclub's pass is great. Whole lot more content on a monthly basis. Feels like a proper "season pass" instead of a 4 for the price of 3 DLC bundle

Should the season pass content be downloading automatically? I've had to go and download each piece from the store.
It might be because I'm on my "secondary" ps4 as my "primary" is in my son's room, or it might be normal behavior.

AsfaeksBR

I can't think of a single DD-only Vita game I don't already have that might go on sale during Golden Week.

eytuONy.gif

The reason Shard is saying there is a Golden Week Sale with some authority is that he interviewed someone from Natsume and they said to expect a bunch of Natsume products to go on sale during the upcoming Golden Week Sale.

Awesome! Thank you for the update!
Did Natsume make anything of note other than Harvest Moon?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Awesome! Thank you for the update!
Did Natsume make anything of note other than Harvest Moon?

PSP

Adventures To Go!
Carnage Heart EXA
Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley
Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon
Mystic Chronicles
Reel Fishing: The Great Outdoors

PS3

Afrika
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (So awful)

PS1

Published

Lode Runner
Reel Fishing
Bust-A-Move 4
Burstrick Wake Boarding
Turnabout
Blockids
Chulip
Reel Fishing II

NA Publisher

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature'
Skydiving Extreme
Gekioh Shooting King

Shizuka

Maybe if Natsume put their recent Vita fish game ($30) on sale for $5, I'd get it. That's how much I'm willing to pay for fishing games I'll never get to play.

Nudull

Banned
Speaking of Natsume, did anyone here actually play Innocent Life? I've always been curious about that one. A sci-fi Harvest Moon sounds like it might have been a decent idea.

Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (So awful)

Really, now? I almost blind-bought it several times, but could never pull the trigger for one reason or another.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Speaking of Natsume, did anyone here actually play Innocent Life? I've always been curious about that one. A sci-fi Harvest Moon sounds like it might have been a decent idea.

Really, now? I almost blind-bought it several times, but could never pull the trigger for one reason or another.

Innocent Life is also pretty piss poor but it still has it's fans. It's a shame too as the concept was excellent.

The main problems with Tides is that they improved the combat in the RF series but literally everything else is below series standard. Music, characters, the farming is almost pointless, the amount of activities in minimal. Extremely disappointing compared to RF 3 which came out around the same time.

incpdo

Idk if i can wait for vita's versión of revelations 2. I want to support vita's third party big titles but its a shame it wasnt released yet. Muy little patience is killing me and for some reason i think this game will be great on the system. Hurry up Sony!

autoduelist

When would the Golden Week Sale land? end of month or sooner? or nobody has a good idea?

Don't know when it is this year, but here's a link to last years in the US:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/28/golden-week-sale-celebrates-japanese-games-2/

April 28th.

up to 50% off, 75% for ps+ members. some decent deals, though remember this is a year ago so some have had better deals since.

Stole this non-table list from another site:

(ps+ / no ps+)

Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3) - $5.00/$9.99 (regular price: $19.99)
Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3) - $24.49/$34.99 (regular price: $49.99)
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland (PS Vita) - $19.59/$27.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (PS Vita)- $19.59/$27.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Chrono Cross (PS3/PSP/PS Vita) - $3.49/$4.99 (regular price: $9.99)
Chrono Trigger (PS3/PSP/PS Vita) - $3.49/$4.99 (regular price: $9.99)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita) - $32.39/$35.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS3) - $8.99/$14.99 (regular price: $29.99)
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS3) - $15.00/$29.99 (regular price: $59.99)
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (PS Vita) - $10.00/$19.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PS3) - $5.00/$9.99 (regular price: $19.99)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3) - $14.69/$20.99 (regular price: $29.99)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) - $14.99/$24.99 (regular price: $49.99)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) - $11.99/$19.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita) - $8.99/$14.99 (regular price: $29.99)
Muramasa Rebirth (PS Vita) - $7.49/$12.49 (regular price: $24.99)
Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) - $14.62/$19.49 (regular price: $29.99)
rain (PS3) - $3.75/$7.49 (regular price: $14.99)
Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers (PS3) - $15.00/$29.99 (regular price: $59.99)
SoulCalibur V (PS3) - $5.00/$9.99 (regular price: $19.99)
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3) - $10.00/$19.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Time and Eternity (PS3) - $9.79/$13.99 (regular price: $19.99)
Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS Vita) - $19.59/$27.99 (regular price: $39.99)
Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3) - $10.49/$17.49 (regular price: $34.99)

Top Bottom