• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So apparently, GE2 RB got a Gold Prize in PlayStation Awards. (Which is given to titles that shipped 500k copies/DLs).

How much did vanilla GE2 do?

The PlayStation Vita version of God Eater 2 topped the sales charts in Japan during its first week of release, selling 266,326 physical retail copies, ahead of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 which both also debuted the same week. In addition, the PSP version sold 112,024 copies, placing it in fourth place. The same week, PlayStation Vita console sales jumped up to 46,350 units, doubling over the previous week, while the PlayStation Vita TV, which made its Japan debut the same day as God Eater 2, sold 42,172 units.[16] Prior to release, God Eater 2 was heavily marketed alongside the PlayStation Vita TV game system.[17]

Among the Famitsu 2013 Top 100, a listing of the top 100 Japanese retail software sales for the year of 2013 from data collected by Famitsu's parent company Enterbrain, the PlayStation Vita version of God Eater 2 ranked number 20, with 354,498 physical retail sales, whilst the PlayStation Portable version ranked at number 53, with 180,781 retail sales.[18] As of 31 March 2014, the game shipped 700,000 copies within Japan on both the PSP and Vita platforms according to a Namco Bandai financial report for the fiscal year ending March 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Eater_2

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

That's exactly how you DON'T manage the launch of a game, we are in the internet era, there's no need to pay for advertisement anymore, with youtube, social networks and forums you can do good enough marketing for free.
Potential buyers need time to evaluate the purchase, they need to plan the eventual expense and well some hype wouldn't do harm for sure.

VLiberty

Thank you for the heads up :D!

I hope we get localization news on the two Vita Neptuina spin-offs (Blanc vs. Zombies and Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls) and other announcements from Idea Factory :).

Been playing Lost Song and the PS+ title Rocketbirds, and man, the latter surprised me.

I like the harsher tone than the name implied; the world is very dark, the characters look rough and the story is a genuine war story (with Hardboiled being a tragic character). Like the game of this one a lot, as it feels like a mixture of a standard action platformer but with touches of Oddworld Abes Oddysee; quite a few combat sections, different screens to navigate across, and even possession mechanics that popped up in the fiftieth chapter. The controls are a little stiff and it is odd playing a 2D platformer with a analog stick (no option to use the D-Pad) but it feels good. The game has flying mechanics with the jet pack and those are a lot of fun; you have great control of how fast you are going and using the mini-gun to kill foes while flying around is a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of Luftrausers a bit.

Enjoying the game a lot and its nice that the title final came to PS+ (always thought that it would come to the service at some point but it was a nice holiday surprise :)).

Lost Song continues to be a lot of fun, with stronger weapons, more magic to play around with and the story going in directions that seem quite interesting. Currently at the ice island in the game and completed one or two dungeons on it (unlocked Rain as a playable character/party member too). Really surprised with Rain, as she is very powerful; more or less a female version of Kirtio (she dual-wields swords, has a lot of the same attacks, ect). Might swap Kirtio out with her once he retches level 250 or higher thanks to this :D.

The ice island is a great location, as the music of the place is relaxing in addition to the pressure of lack of flight (due to attitude levels being lower than in other islands). Looking forward in beating this place and seeing what more stuff I can find :D.

Yeah Rocketbirds is great. Until some weeks ago I was afraid to see Evolution disappear, but luckily the game is alive and coming next year to Vita

Shizuka

That's exactly how you DON'T manage the launch of a game, we are in the internet era, there's no need to pay for advertisement anymore, with youtube, social networks and forums you can do good enough marketing for free.
Potential buyers need time to evaluate the purchase, they need to plan the eventual expense and well some hype wouldn't do harm for sure.

Beyoncé did it and it worked. Koei Tecmo did it and it worked. I'm not saying it'll work for Acquire, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Beyoncé did it and it worked. Koei Tecmo did it and it worked. I'm not saying it'll work for Acquire, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Just because they had good enough sales it doesn't mean that with some anticipation they wouldn't have had better sales.

Otherwise, where's the cheapest to get Minecraft PS4? Digitally it's $20 atm, was it discounted before without me knowing about it?
Find a clearance copy of Vita Minecraft somewhere?

I picked up a Vita copy for $6 at Target when it was on Clearance and then paid $5 for PS4 upgrade after I had redeemed the Vita code on my account.

Cold Steel may very well have been GOTY for me, been a bit of a disappointing one for me otherwise.

Except it's 2016 in Europe, so it's up against some big guns.

Can't wait either way!

GOTY uh. It's tough. Nothing on my handhelds really. Neither Vita or 3DS gave me a game I'd call a GOTY. There were some good games, but they were just kinda there. So I'd have to look at what I played on my PS4. I guess it's either The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne for me.

bobohoro

I'm actually kinda glad that Cold Steel is next year in Europe.
Between Second Chapter and soon Xenoblade Chronicles X I'm probably occupied until March/April.

GOTY is TitS. Easily. MH4Ultimate, Rocket League and Bloodborne lurk somewhere close behind. Xenoblade Chronicles X might fall somewhere in between, if I'd have to wager a guess without playing.

batrush

yeah, disregarding re-releases there isn't anything I'd label GOTY material across 3ds/psv. Much better year than 2014 for both systems though.

Maybe MH4U actually. That game was really good. And the amount of content in there? I didn't even get through half of it, but I still pop in from time to time.

Hikami

Oreshika is still my GOTY.

I think Trails in the Sky SC could top it but I just haven't had any time to play it.

How well does Silent Hill PSX hold up today?. I'm thinking of downloading it for my Vita.

I can't even remember the last time I played it.

batrush

Alright. I'll muscle through it then. It's not a bad game, but my psp is in pretty bad shape and I'd rather not play it on psv due to the poor image quality.

incpdo

How well does Silent Hill PSX hold up today?. I'm thinking of downloading it for my Vita.

I can't even remember the last time I played it.
Try playing it with headphones at night. the sound of this game is amazing. Btw this game can only be transfered by the ps3 to the vita.

Btw i think i like tron evolution the game . looks awesome on the vita:s oled. And for 5 bucks its really fun.

W-00

Oh, wow, surprised to see Cold Steel really is making it out this year (in NA, at least).

That's nice for those who don't fear the curse striking again. Wish I had that confidence. I think I'll be waiting until I can buy CSII before jumping in on CS.

autoduelist

Oh, wow, surprised to see Cold Steel really is making it out this year (in NA, at least).

That's nice for those who don't fear the curse striking again. Wish I had that confidence. I think I'll be waiting until I can buy CSII before jumping in on CS.

And if everyone does that, we won't get it!

And if everyone does that, we won't get it!

It's already been confirmed for 2016 ^

The one thing I kind of agree with some people on is the release date. Idk if XSeed is being pushed to release the game, but it just seems like horrible timing to me. TitS SC just came out. Not to mention all the other hot stuff on consoles and whatnot. 2 days before christmas too... I mean I get that this game is for fans of the series so it caters to a niche audience, but that niche audience is still busy with a product that they put out in the same franchise a couple of weeks prior... I could totally see people just skipping on this game altogether, and getting both CS and CS2 at the same time, when the price is lower and the landscape isn't as crowded.

Try playing it with headphones at night. the sound of this game is amazing. Btw this game can only be transfered by the ps3 to the vita

Btw i think i like tron evolution the game . looks awesome on the vita:s oled. And for 5 bucks its really fun.

I'm on the PS store on my vita right now and it says 'Buy Now', so I guess it's available to download after all. :)

Hikami

I won't be able to buy Cold Steel or even do the OT for it anymore because of that release date.. Would've been able to if it was just one week earlier but oh well.. Hope that release date doesn't affect the series negatively too much. Will just have to buy it next year whenever I finish SC.

It's already been confirmed for 2016 ^

The one thing I kind of agree with some people on is the release date. Idk if XSeed is being pushed to release the game, but it just seems like horrible timing to me. TitS SC just came out. Not to mention all the other hot stuff on consoles and whatnot. 2 days before christmas too... I mean I get that this game is for fans of the series so it caters to a niche audience, but that niche audience is still busy with a product that they put out in the same franchise a couple of weeks prior... I could totally see people just skipping on this game altogether, and getting both CS and CS2 at the same time, when the price is lower and the landscape isn't as crowded.

2 months is "just came out"? Because if that's not enough of a gap between the 2, then I honestly don't see how 3 months would be either (if it released in January) and then god help it if it were to release against all the delayed AAA games. I mean it's not even like many people bought SC to begin with, winter sales are just going to add more people to the pile of "I haven't had enough time to play thing, why would I want this other thing that is kinda related?". I also don't see how the "landscape" wouldn't be nearly as crowded next year when CS 2 comes out since we have no idea what is coming from the middle of the year onward.

2 months is "just came out"? Because if that's not enough of a gap between the 2, then I honestly don't see how 3 months would be either (if it released in January) and then god help it if it were to release against all the delayed AAA games. I mean it's not even like many people bought SC to begin with, winter sales are just going to add more people to the pile of "I haven't had enough time to play thing, why would I want this other thing that is kinda related?". I also don't see how the "landscape" wouldn't be nearly as crowded next year when CS 2 comes out since we have no idea what is coming from the middle of the year onward.

Yep. It sounds like some people think January is the only time you can release a nice game. October/November? Nope, big holiday games. December? Sales suicide. February/March? The first big 2016 games. Repeat. There is always "other hot stuff" on consoles and it's not really stopping. Next year is looking even more crowded when it comes to niche JP games.

What's the point of sitting on the game a few more weeks? It'll still be in stores and on PSN in January if they release it now. It'll sell or it won't, the few weeks difference literally won't matter at all, unless your recommendation would be to hold the game until June or something.

autoduelist

I plat'd the Tron game for PS3. I guess it's the same game? If so, yeah, it's fun enough, if flawed.

I just want a remake of Tron Deadly Discs [Intellivision].

redcrayon

I'm really enjoying Rocketbirds.

There are a few downsides: d-pad for movement rather than analogue stick in the platforming sections would have been cool, you could easily have had a weapon-select wheel on the analogue stick rather than row. Also, the reliance on locked doors, coloured keycards and crates is a bit pedestrian considering the inventiveness on show elsewhere.

Edit- scratch that complaint about lack of dpad controls for movement, it's there in the options

However, I love the art direction, and mind-controlling an evil penguin to shoot itself in the head when you have used it to do your bidding never gets old. The jetpack sections are great too.

maouvin

Assassin's Creed Chronicles(China+India+Russia) for Vita was rated in Brazil.

This was already rated here some months ago (Google says May), weird that it got a new entry. Or was that for ACC China only?
Anyway, happening intensifies.

Zhao_Yun

Is it likely that Europe will get that Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition?

We didn't get the LE of Ys:Moc so I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't completely rule it out either. Does anyone here know whether the Japanese original had any notable dlc? I am contemplating importing the LE from NA and don't want to miss out.

We didn't get the LE of Ys:Moc so I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't completely rule it out either. Does anyone here know whether the Japanese original had any notable dlc? I am contemplating importing the LE from NA and don't want to miss out.
Looked it up myself for the same reason, here's the JP list

http://www.falcom.com/sen/product/dlc.html

There are some sets of items (basically cheat packs), casual clothes for all the characters, some accessories, and skins for the ARCUS, whatever that is.

I don't think I would want any of it, so I'll go with the import. I'd only want the Sony cats (Toro and Kuro) but I doubt NA will get those.

Well, my prediction from IFI's press event was pretty much spot on, except I didn't see Neptunia Zombies coming out so soon.

I suppose that's good news, but ehh. I enjoyed U, but not enough to say I want to play another Neptunia brawler any time soon. I'll probably still buy it just out of support, but I'm more looking forward to Trillion.

Ehh... if the PSX announcements for Vita turn out to just be Assassin's Creed & XCOM (that have been leaking like all year long) then this'll have all been mighty disappointing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well, my prediction from IFI's press event was pretty much spot on, except I didn't see Neptunia Zombies coming out so soon.

I suppose that's good news, but ehh. I enjoyed U, but not enough to say I want to play another Neptunia brawler any time soon. I'll probably still buy it just out of support, but I'm more looking forward to Trillion.

Ehh... if the PSX announcements for Vita turn out to just be Assassin's Creed & XCOM (that have been leaking like all year long) then this'll have all been mighty disappointing.
Given Sony's consideration of Vita, Vita only announcements at PSX would be almost a megaton no matter the games, so i would just be happy, but honestly i don't see those games being announced at PSX.

18-Volt

I think you should adjust your expectations even lower. I think we would be mighty lucky if they even mention Vita's name at least once. I predict Vita will be no show at PSX, only PS4 and VR stuff.

Top Bottom