• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Saphirax

I'm not interested in god eater 2 :p
I really liked burst but i don't usually like sequels, too more of the same for me, and when i tried the demo i didn't feel it, maybe i was not in the right mood but in any case i don't see me buying it.

Blasphemy!

I played the demo too and liked it. But, I didn't play the first one so have no way of being burned out :p.

Yeah was surprised by the new thread since that was missing, usually an indicator that the end of the thread is coming

you're making me not want to play it now lol

hmm, the complex dungeons sound frustrating.. would that be something you recommenced playing with a walkthrough or is it okay enough to figure out on your own?
I would say go ahead and use one when you get lost. I was too stubborn back in the day and just dropped it out of frustration. I was stuck in the same building for hours and hours, and couldn't make any real progress because I needed to find some goddamn pass to open a door...

From the Vita games thread

Let the speculation and hype begin
It's happening. Bamco, be nice.

bobohoro

I think I haven't experienced anything Digimon-related in over 15 years. The only thing I remember seeing were some episodes of the original TV-series, back when it aired on RTL II (?). Nonetheless, all the hype around it already got to me and the game looks pleasant enough, so I'm down for it too I guess.

Still would prefer God(s) Eater 2.

People have been asking for both God Eater 2 since Vanilla, and Digimon since it released on the PSP. Could be either one, but I am willing to bet more on God Eater. Why else would they have a screening for a God Eater Anime if they don't plan on bringing over the series? Plus all other factors I've mentioned on the previous thread? As for Digimon Amazon leaked it as a 2016 title, so I could see that happening. God Eater as soon as the Fall hits, Digimon in the Spring/Summer of 2016.

I want both but I have no real preference and would be very happy with either, even digital only!

There is obviously demand for Digimon that Bamco has acknowledged and there was the leak, so I can see it happening.

With the PS4 reboot and the anime of God Eater I just find it really hard to believe that the series will stay in Japan forever.

Prelude.

GE Reboot is the most random thing ever, there's absolutely no point in it. It won't sell well anywhere and it's not like the plot is important in order to play 2.

GE Reboot is the most random thing ever, there's absolutely no point in it. It won't sell well anywhere and it's not like the plot is important in order to play 2.
The Anime is supposed to air until the end of the summer and it is based on the first game. So from a business standpoint it makes sense, since the game is only out on the PSP. Get people into the series with the show, sell them a newer, shinier version of the game, and then they can go back and buy GE2 Rage Burst. I wouldn't be surprised if a GE3 was in the pipelines already.

If we get any God Eater though, I don't think we will get Resurrection. I think we will get Rage Burst, and if it sells well enough they will bring Resurrection, which won't be so hard to localize since they have the script from Burst still to speed things up.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
i just got the 2.55 update, anything new there?

Stability fixes.

ibbsZ9rxaW5HBe.gif

Prelude.

If we get any God Eater though, I don't think we will get Resurrection. I think we will get Rage Burst, and if it sells well enough they will bring Resurrection, which won't be so hard to localize since they have the script from Burst still to speed things up.

The point is that it's also for ps4, and it's another thing I don't understand, they'll have a hard enough time trying to sell that game AGAIN on Vita alone but if it's on ps4 it means they might have plan for the west too considering how much GE2RB bombed in japan. So why is GE2RB still not localized? Bringing GE2:RB before GE:R is pretty stupid business-wise, but if they don't, how much are they going to wait for GE2:RB? The game's already pretty old now.
I don't know, unless it's just Sony bribing devs to put their games on ps4 I don't understand what they're trying to do with the series in the west. And why are they even touching the first game again anyway? Another anime and another port, GE fans are most likely already sick of it.

The point is that it's also for ps4, and it's another thing I don't understand, they'll have a hard enough time trying to sell that game AGAIN on Vita alone but if it's on ps4 it means they might have plan for the west too considering how much GE2RB bombed in japan. So why is GE2RB still not localized? Bringing GE2:RB before GE:R is pretty stupid business-wise, but if they don't, how much are they going to wait for GE2:RB? The game's already pretty old now.
I don't know, unless it's just Sony bribing devs to put their games on ps4 I don't understand what they're trying to do with the series in the west. And why are they even touching the first game again anyway? Another anime and another port, GE fans are most likely already sick of it.
I would say they are going to release GE2 first because that's the one they worked on first for the localization. If the trademark is any indication, and if it really does get announced, they have probably been working on translating things for a while. The PS4 version of it is proof that they had an international plan for the game, no one in Japan gives two fucks about the main consoles. The devs are always working on the game with patches and community events, so they know as much, either it is like you said and Sony threw some bones their way, or it's because they really thought of bringing it to other countries.

SerTapTap

RIP my post count.

Almost nothing I want this month surprisingly, at least not at full retail. Slightly interested in Godzilla and Deception but need a price drop. Neptunia Rebirth 3, Victory 2 and my general backlog will keep me plenty busy anyway. Oh, and Estival Versus since a new char should drop this month.

OP is missing Skullgirls on the 7th which I've already preordered.

Oh, just a heads-up, I nailed my final presentation, got an A! Now I just need to wait a month and I'll be able to graduate and become a proper lawyer.
Cross-thread congrats!

Ar No Surge Plus is the only really interesting thing to me, but I already have the PS3 LE that I haven't touched since I haven't gotten around to finishing the Ciel novel. I'm wondering if I should just buy Ciel when I'm in Japan in November, since I'll probably be able to read Japanese before I clear enough of my backlog to start Ar...

pariah164

I saw some combat from Ar Nosurge on YouTube and it looked kind of boring. Is it another game that focuses more on characters/world building than combat?

I was interested in Ar until I really took in that I was reading a book in order to play it. That's when I stopped, because the story just wasn't grabbing me at all and it is still quite an extensive read. Hope people enjoy it, but man I really wish they brought Ciel first.

Bamco's event is tomorrow, right? All I want is Digimon, but I wouldn't mind settling for God Eater for the time being.

SerTapTap

This week's EU sale is... Well, the Japan themed one last week was great. Guess they can't all be winners.

Do you have the same Atlus one? I swear Sony must just use Atlus to fill in weeks without any other sales. I wish they'd swap with NISA sometimes, only recent NISA stuff I recall was Battle Princess of Arcadias which, while fun, I'm pretty sure bombed at it's $30 digital only price, and I think some stuff in the golden week sale.

Do you have the same Atlus one? I swear Sony must just use Atlus to fill in weeks without any other sales. I wish they'd swap with NISA sometimes, only recent NISA stuff I recall was Battle Princess of Arcadias which, while fun, I'm pretty sure bombed at it's $30 digital only price, and I think some stuff in the golden week sale.
We rarely have Atlus sales since Atlus barely publishes anything in EU :p All their stuff is coming from NISA and as you said, sales are rare.

It's a normal indie sale wich has some good stuff though
Grim Fandango 50% off and Jamestown 50% off are nice

yella

Really need to become active(lol) in this thread again. A quick question, though... was any timeframe given for when we would see the $15 PSN credit from the last promotion?

SerTapTap

I still need to beat Grim Fandango. Every time I thought I've gotten used to Adventure Game Logic I remember you can't actually understand Adventure Game Logic.

SerTapTap

Oh, weird. I'm used to placeholder dates being crazy past the expected release date or a season instead of a day.

SerTapTap

How's entwined guys? Is it good? seems its coming to ps+

Absolutely beautiful and worth playing just for that. The gameplay is simple but (eventually) challenging, I actually had a bit of trouble completing the last level (but there's no game overs in "story" mode, you just have to chain enough successes eventually and you'll win). It's a neat artsy story without words thing but I think it's worth trying just for the looks, and if the gameplay catches you there's some much harder endless challenge modes. You'll either be entranced or bored but it won't take long to try out at least.

Rain is also pretty in the opposite way, very drab and intimidating world. Not perfect but worth a play if you like the artsy stuff. It's like a stealth/puzzle game that's not extremely challenging in either direction.

RK128

Solid line up for Plus this month :).

Entwined and Rain were games I always wanted to try out but never got around to buy, so getting them through Plus is great :D.

Heard great things about Rocket League in the Plus Thread, so that should be fun whenever I get a PS4.

The best game of the line up has to be Geometry Wars 3 :D! I loved the Wii game (which was a greatly expanded version of the XBLA title) so getting a chance to play that on my Vita will be awesome. Dual-Stick shooters are a natural fit for the system after all :).

That Mouse Puzzle game and Styx looks interesting as the latter looks like a full-on stealth game. The former looks fun, so I look forward to trying that out :).

RK128

Putting a game on sale a month or two before it going free on PS+ has been a common practice :p

Remember when that happened with Rayman Origins in 2013; they put the game sale as part of a Rayman Sale, then at the end of the month, the game was announced as a PS+ game. Not a big deal, as it was in my mind, a way to advertise for Rayman Legends (which was coming out around a similar time frame) and the game is fantastic, so paid or free, the game is well worth buying.

Sony does this enough times that it can be a bit annoying, but if the game is great already, it makes that annoying feeling not that bad :l.

Ehhh. Not feeling any of this month's PS+ stuff.

What game doesn't interest you Names? For me.....it would be Styx and MouseCraft; both might be a lot of fun, but I cannot play the former (don't own a PS4 yet) and the latter seems a bit boring.

What game doesn't interest you Names? For me.....it would be Styx and MouseCraft; both might be a lot of fun, but I cannot play the former (don't own a PS4 yet) and the latter seems a bit boring.
None of them really. As soon as I saw them none of them spoke to me or made me want to play them. I'm too busy as is with KH (fuck Riku
Ansem
, this battle is destroying me) and still have all of the sequels left too.

So pumped for Rocket League!!

Geometry Wars 3 is only the best twin stick shooter ever. Play this game!

Rain - it is one of those puzzles are easy more about the ambiguous story type games. Very Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons but not even that good.

Entwined - I gave up on this game after 15 minutes as it was unfun.

Mousecraft - This game is the epitome of mediocre games. Not the worst puzzle platformer but defiantly not the best.

RK128

None of them really. As soon as I saw them none of them spoke to me or made me want to play them. I'm too busy as is with KH (fuck Riku
Ansem
, this battle is destroying me) and still have all of the sequels left too.

I understand; have a lot to play already myself (at least in the mid-way point of Tales of Hearts R, have to start VC2, want to beat all the DLC stages in Unleashed, want to beat both LBP Vita and Freedom Wars.......).

The Riku fight is annoying :(; as if you don't time your dodge rolls and blocks, you will be killed fast X(. Him warping all over the doesn't help much either :l.

Once you get down is pattern, the fight should be more manageable, so good luck with the game :D.

Top Bottom