• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

RK128

Why?

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze, it's $12 on the current Golden Week sale.

Maybe because next week isn't huge with releases? My guess after looking at the drop :l. Between this golden week sale, past flash sales and PS+ updating the next store update, I highly doubt we are getting another huge sale.

Kudo

Also to add on to this, we say it's next based on their release schedules so far. Doesn't mean it's a sure lock, they could totally skip it in favour of another game.

I'd bless them if they skip it in favour of Ray Gigant simultaneous release, though Stranger of Sword City looks pretty neat too.

AsfaeksBR

"Next" doesn't mean "soon" though, it could easily be a 2016 title. :\

Also to add on to this, we say it's next based on their release schedules so far. Doesn't mean it's a sure lock, they could totally skip it in favour of another game.

Thanks for the answers, at least we'll be able to play SotSC until then.

Reviews for Ziggurat and LA Cops.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/01/la-cops-ps4-review/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/05/01/ziggurat-ps4-review/

Get Ziggurat. Pass on LA Cops unless you have an appreciation for terrible Hotline Miami clones.

Going to get the Airmecha and the Polyconophy game or whatever. Will post impressions.

Ziggurat really is amazing, more people should play it!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, pretty much just have Steins;Gate and a few more PS classics in the pipeline. It was a good sale. I did the math and I can fit my entire library on a 32 GB card.

Ventara

So while downloading my new purchases, I decided to check my download list using that handy javascript tool, and holy crap, I think I have too many games. Shit, there's no way I can play all of these. I think I'll cut my purchase list for this sale short. Geeze.

Edit: Okay, I'm thinking of getting one more game. Which one guys?

Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP ($9, have a physical copy)
Senran Kagura Bon Appetit ($7.50, don't like the idea that the other half of the game isn't on sale)
Resonance of Fate ($8, found kinda hard, but never gave a real chance before trading in)
Symphonia Chronicles ($9, don't know anything about except it's Tales)

Ended up buying Demon Gaze, Gurumin, Sorcery Saga and Catherine.

AsfaeksBR

Beat Titan Souls.
Really pretty game, with an amazing soundtrack, and great boss battles.
The combat works perfectly, but can be a bit frustrating since it's
almost
everything One-Hit Kill.

I can see it becoming a Plus title in a few months since it apparently didn't sell that well and it's a Devolver Digital title (know for having 75% off discounts a couple of months after release), but it's definately worth $15.

Rainy

Banned
Not sure where to ask but is this deal at Best Buy a good deal? PS4/TLOU bundle for $399.99, plus throwing in Destiny for free. What do you guys think?

Also I've been playing Dragon's Crown and it's a lot of fun.

Ventara

Not sure where to ask but is this deal at Best Buy a good deal? PS4/TLOU bundle for $399.99, plus throwing in Destiny for free. What do you guys think?

Also I've been playing Dragon's Crown and it's a lot of fun.

You're in the US? If so, that's an okay deal, but you'll definitely find better if you can wait.

Shizuka

So while downloading my new purchases, I decided to check my download list using that handy javascript tool, and holy crap, I think I have too many games. Shit, there's no way I can play all of these. I think I'll cut my purchase list for this sale short. Geeze.

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit ($7.50, don't like the idea that the other half of the game isn't on sale)
Resonance of Fate ($8, found kinda hard, but never gave a real chance before trading in)

Don't get PP if you already have a physical copy. Don't get Bon Appetit if the fact that it's only half a game will bother you. I'd suggest Resonance of Fate, give it a fair chance this time.

I'd bless them if they skip it in favour of Ray Gigant simultaneous release, though Stranger of Sword City looks pretty neat too.
I'd take either of the two tbh. Sword City already has the Parakeet stamp of approval and my tastes line up with his. Ray Gigantic looks great, but it could be another Time & Eternity for all we know.

Ventara

Don't get PP if you already have a physical copy. Don't get Bon Appetit if the fact that it's only half a game will bother you. I'd suggest Resonance of Fate, give it a fair chance this time.

I was actually leaning towards that. Just wanted someone to push me over the edge. Buying now.

do you enjoy JRPGs with boring characters, an awful battle system, and terrible dungeons complete with archaic things like having to unlock save points? you'll LOVE Symphonia

Damn, if only you'd posted sooner. I guess I'll have to stick with Resonance of Fate. :p

Vylash

do you enjoy JRPGs with boring characters, an awful battle system, and terrible dungeons complete with archaic things like having to unlock save points? you'll LOVE Symphonia

Nudull

Banned

Senran Kagura was split in two? Huh. I take Bon Appetit serves as a decent intro to the series, of sorts?

ZeroAKA

Senran Kagura was split in two? Huh. I take Bon Appetit serves as a decent intro to the series, of sorts?
The base game doesn't have too much content, but Bon Appetit has an additional $15 DLC expansion pack that adds more characters and songs.

pariah164

No. Not at ALL. Burst is the first game in the main series. Shinovi Versus is a spinoff, and Bon Appetit is a spinoff of the spinoff, basically.

Beat Titan Souls.
Really pretty game, with an amazing soundtrack, and great boss battles.
The combat works perfectly, but can be a bit frustrating since it's
almost
everything One-Hit Kill.

I can see it becoming a Plus title in a few months since it apparently didn't sell that well and it's a Devolver Digital title (know for having 75% off discounts a couple of months after release), but it's definately worth $15.

Yeah I need to get back into it. Thinking of watching some videos to help. Yeah I would bet on it being PS+.

autoduelist

I keep checking the weekly deals pages because it feels like I didn't spend enough money yet. I think i only bought gurumin and suikoden 2. granted, I own a lot of the vita and psp games already... and there are some ps3 games I want to buy (guided fate paradox at $5) but I haven't dusted off my ps3 in ages so i don't see why i should dig a deeper backlog on it.

I guess the only one really biting my ankle right now is MGS PW, but even there i feel like i can wait till it's sub $5. Which may never happen.

AsfaeksBR

Yeah I need to get back into it. Thinking of watching some videos to help. Yeah I would bet on it being PS+.

I went into it blind, so it was a fresh experience.
After beating it, I watched the Bananassaurus Rex Currently World Record SpeedRun of the game, and he uses some neat tricks to defeat the bosses.
If you're really having trouble and tired to the point of not wanting to try again without a guide, I'd recommend watching it.

Shizuka

I need to get 100% on Fantasy Hero, it's a matter of honor. I will get 100% and I will delete that game from my Vita forever.

I feel like I need to beat Bloodborne ASAP.

It's almost like I barely want to play other games because I know there's still shit to do there. It's kind of weird, as I've never really had the whole "only play one game at a time" bug before but this game is giving it to me bad. :/

...and I know when I'm done, I'll just want to play Demon's Souls or something else to get right back into the "hard as fuck action/RPG" world. I'm doomed. :/

autoduelist

If you are US, and you have an Amex, they have a spend $20 get $20 promo at sams club dot com. You do not need to be a sam's club member (you get a 10% fee extra, still a good deal). You need to buy a physical card, not an email delivery card. Essentially, you can get a $20 card for pennies.

Steps:
1) add the promotion to your acct on the amex site
2) add the physical card to your cart
3) buy as guest (surcharge for not being a member will put it just over $20)
4) win

It's almost like I barely want to play other games because I know there's still shit to do there. It's kind of weird, as I've never really had the whole "only play one game at a time" bug before but this game is giving it to me bad. :/

...and I know when I'm done, I'll just want to play Demon's Souls or something else to get right back into the "hard as fuck action/RPG" world. I'm doomed. :/

Bloodborne had me in its grips till I plat'd it. Same as demon's and dark. DS2 is the only game that didn't grab me like that.

If you are US, and you have an Amex, they have a spend $20 get $20 promo at sams club dot com. You do not need to be a sam's club member (you get a 10% fee extra, still a good deal). You need to buy a physical card, not an email delivery card. Essentially, you can get a $20 card for pennies.

Steps:
4) win

This almost makes me want to sign up for an Amex at Costco just to feel like I'm really getting over on Sam's

Shizuka

I have a NA 3DS Mewtwo Smash code, I'll give to anyone that wants it and will use it instead of just redeeming and not bothering with it or just sell it.

Kama_1082

Banned

And that's why I'm still going at it with DS2 on ps4. I just refuse to play anything else until I beat it and I'm never like that.

Chuy

So I found a $100 gently used backwards compatible ps3 today. Is it worth it? Might give my older brother a heads up about it if so.

Steps:
4) win
Seriously? Til when? Definitely gonna try this out

So I found a $100 gently used backwards compatible ps3 today. Is it worth it? Might give my older brother a heads up about it if so.
Hmm if I remember correctly only the first few, if not only the very first PS3 models were backwards compatible. This one you are interested in is used too, which would mean the system is going to be pretty old. Another thing that I seem to remember, is that not all PS2 games worked on them. Others can confirm this as well, since I'm speaking from personal experience but my very first PS3 that I bought at launch was also an EU model since I still lived there at the time, if it matters. There were certain PS2 games that I couldn't play on it, I remember being really upset about that lol.

Hmm if I remember correctly only the first few, if not only the very first PS3 models were backwards compatible. This one you are interested in is used too, which would mean the system is going to be pretty old. Another thing that I seem to remember, is that not all PS2 games worked on them. Others can confirm this as well, since I'm speaking from personal experience but my very first PS3 that I bought at launch was also an EU model since I still lived there at the time, if it matters. There were certain PS2 games that I couldn't play on it, I remember being really upset about that lol.
If you are going to use the PS3 to play PS2/PSX games (and you have a new PS3 model) then it is absolutely 100% NOT worth it. The best system to pick up if you want to play PSX and PS2 games is a slim 70k or 90k PS2. If you don't have a ps3 and want to use the system for PS3 games as well as PS2 games, then it might be a good deal assuming it really is gently used. The early PS3 models had quite a few issues reliability-wise, though.

quabba

I feel like I want to finish it asap because I've really enjoyed the first half but the second half is kind if annoying... But I want to see it through.

Here is one late-game screenshot to summarize Damascus Gear:

MT20dva.jpg

You will blow up a lot of trash mobs, in the double- or triple-digits, and with mission time limits approaching an hour. And you will do it with giant laser beams that recharge super-fast.

Top Bottom