• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Is there any consensus on what resolution should be used for PS TV when you have 1080p TV/monitor?

I got one yesterday (payed 30 euro for it :) )

Is there any consensus on what resolution should be used for PS TV when you have 1080p TV/monitor?

I got one yesterday (payed 30 euro for it :) )

Interlaced video is shit IMO, especially when dealing with a progressive scan source. Use 720p, as that's what the internal scaler is best at.

It's always 544p (qHD), that may be upscaled by your own TV.

PlayStation TV scales internally to 480p, 720p, or 1080i before it sends the video to your TV.

Prelude.

But that's the interface, right? I thought games were still going to be displayed as 544p.
It's the output. Games run at whatever res they are and then the internal scaler upscales it to the resolution you chose before sending the signal to the tv, which might upscale it again if it's needed.
It's the reason why performance is slightly worse on a PSTV than an actual Vita, the internal scaler takes a little bit of resources.

Producer

Seems amazon did some minor UI changes in their game section and now Vita section isnt on the top of the search bar with the rest of the systems..

But that's the interface, right? I thought games were still going to be displayed as 544p.

It's the output. Games run at whatever res they are and then the internal scaler upscales it to the resolution you chose before sending the signal to the tv, which might upscale it again if it's needed.
It's the reason why performance is slightly worse on a PSTV than an actual Vita, the internal scaler takes a little bit of resources.

This, though I'm of the mind that the PSTV speed differential is from a different cause.

Prelude.

Should have mentioned, US Amazon. Its still in the sidebar but its a pointless change.
65454611zcp9n.png
Dunno, I can still see it.

Shizuka

And it's gone for me as well. Let's wait until someone makes a topic about it and we get five pages of silly jokes.

And it's gone for me as well. Let's wait until someone makes a topic about it and we get five pages of silly jokes.
Jokes don't get to me anymore tbh. I don't idolize the system, games that I enjoy just happen to be on it same as the 3DS or the PS4. I'm selfish, at the end of the day whether it sells a lot or not is irrelevant to me as long as there is a healthy ecosystem to keep my shelf stocked up, which there is or else we wouldn't be seeing as many games as we do getting announced each week.

Pretty sure the Vita category disappearing isn't going to change Amazon's sales by much. Those who care will always find their games and the Vita's use base is that of people that care.

Tapejara

Remember those four Star Wars games that were coming to PS4? The trophy lists for them have been popping up over the past two days, and of them Super Star Wars is listed as both PS4 and Vita. I know shared trophy lists don't always pan out -*stares angrily at Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus*- but it'd be pretty cool if it came to Vita.

Unless this is old news of course!

Prelude.

What's the recommended order for all the Neptunia Vita games? I've already played 1 and own Noire and PP because I found them some time ago for dirt cheap.
Just for continuity's sake, I don't want to jump into games with characters I'm supposed to know already.

Tapejara

What's the recommended order for all the Neptunia Vita games? I've already played 1 and own Noire and PP because I found them some time ago for dirt cheap.
Just for continuity's sake, I don't want to jump into games with characters I'm supposed to know already.

Edit: ignore my post I misread yours lol.

PP came out after Neptunia Victory, but I haven't played it so I don't know how it fits into the continuity.

RK128

Remember those four Star Wars games that were coming to PS4? The trophy lists for them have been popping up over the past two days, and of them Super Star Wars is listed as both PS4 and Vita. I know shared trophy lists don't always pan out -*stares angrily at Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus*- but it'd be pretty cool if it came to Vita.

Well that is likely due to how badly the FFA Vita port was, the studio behind that port initially was going to make the Into the Nexus port but Sony/Insomniac pulled the plug on that when they did not like how both the FFA port turned out and/or thought the Vita would be able to run the game (PS3 version had frame rate issues for example). Good to hear that we might get some classic Star Wars games on our Vita this fall; might be a surprise PSX announcement or something :D!

The Neptuina games don't really have a connecting story; Rebirth 1-3 are stand alone titles that can be played by themselves. The only thing is Rebirth 2; since you aren't playing as the CPU characters for story reasons, you don't get much interaction with them until far latter into the game (and you have to stupid Share Grinding to even play as the CPU's other then Neptune after a latter point in the story).

Rebirth 1 and 3 do not have this issue, as you are interacting with them quite often. Action Unleashed is split between the CPU's and their CPU Candidates; you don't lose on on characterizations and interactions for either groups of characters. Never played PP so can't comment on that game (but its some kind of idol-raising game, so you likely need to have some experience with the series to fully get the characters).

Noire is focused on the title character but you still have interactions with the other CPU's/CPU Candidates (though you lose out on interactions with some of the side characters (Compa and IF) unless you get some DLC).

Hope this helps :).

Shizuka

According to this website, that mentions the PSBlog podcast, it's coming to both platforms and it's cross-buy.

Minecraft is actually 10x better on the vita.

When do we get Slimeblocks?
4J teasing them on twitter but no details >:X

In other news, NY and AmiAmi still don't have Slime vita. Really hoping it's not crazy limited and that I can get it for less than 250 USD with shipping

Benedict

My internet connection isn't fast enough to support streaming Strawberry-Lisa on Netflix (PS3) and Fallout 4 (PS4) to my Vita it seems.
Otherwise remote play is a great thing for a dad.

Prelude.

The Neptuina games don't really have a connecting story; Rebirth 1-3 are stand alone titles that can be played by themselves. The only thing is Rebirth 2; since you aren't playing as the CPU characters for story reasons, you don't get much interaction with them until far latter into the game (and you have to stupid Share Grinding to even play as the CPU's other then Neptune after a latter point in the story).

Rebirth 1 and 3 do not have this issue, as you are interacting with them quite often. Action Unleashed is split between the CPU's and their CPU Candidates; you don't lose on on characterizations and interactions for either groups of characters. Never played PP so can't comment on that game (but its some kind of idol-raising game, so you likely need to have some experience with the series to fully get the characters).

Noire is focused on the title character but you still have interactions with the other CPU's/CPU Candidates (though you lose out on interactions with some of the side characters (Compa and IF) unless you get some DLC).

Hope this helps :).
Thanks. I guess I'll play at least 2 before starting any of the spinoffs, then.

The demo is huge, and I didn't finish it yet. My impressions so far are pretty positive.
Nice. I've only seen people downloading it but not actually sharing their impressions yet.

Shizuka

I don't know why people through things against the wall, it must be an american thing. Yelling and cursing is free and doesn't break anything.

Marz

Super Star Wars is a good game but too hard for it's own good. The difficulty spikes are all over the place. Vita might not be a good fit because it's more expensive to toss against the wall than a PS4 controller.

The first one is not as bad as empire strikes back.

My internet connection isn't fast enough to support streaming Strawberry-Lisa on Netflix (PS3) and Fallout 4 (PS4) to my Vita it seems.
Otherwise remote play is a great thing for a dad.

Why not pick the direct connection to your PS4? It's much better than using the internet. Unless you are super far from your system

I don't know why people through things against the wall, it must be an american thing. Yelling and cursing is free and doesn't break anything.

It was a joke. To stand up for America's image all over the world, I will say: I have never thrown a controller or game system in anger or frustration. Everyone knows in America we just take out one of our many guns everyone has and shoot the controller or game system.

That was another joke. You might be surprised that I do not own a gun despite being American.

adarker

Banned
It was a joke. To stand up for America's image all over the world, I will say: I have never thrown a controller or game system in anger or frustration. Everyone knows in America we just take out one of our many guns everyone has and shoot the controller or game system.

That was another joke. You might be surprised that I do not own a gun despite being American.

My cousin used to physically chew on his PS1 controllers.

Also, I have a US Organ Trail code I would like to give away, any suggestions on how to do so?

My cousin used to physically chew on his PS1 controllers.
What nationality are we talking? I want to know if it is a thing to chew on discs in Finland or something.

Also, I have a US Organ Trail code I would like to give away, any suggestions on how to do so?

Organ Trail is really good game. Not really a parody game with bad jokes but more of tribute to the original Oregon Trail.

The first one is not as bad as empire strikes back.

Not played the ESB or Jedi. Would love if they came to Vita/PS4 or any other SNES. People gawk if you charge $8 for them like on Wii but I am fine with it.

Top Bottom