• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

RK128

After four years I've learned it's better to expect nothing. :-\

I'm in the same boat, even if I have higher hopes then usually for the PSX :l.

Personally hoping that we get release dates for X-Com and AC: Chronicles, alongside other indie games coming to PlayStation in the future (the Shantae series, Freedom Planet, ect).

RK128

Sizzle reel featuring indies that are also coming to ps4.

Nothing else.

That's what I expect.

That is a very safe and logical guess honestly. That happened many times during Sony press events, so that happening at the PSX wouldn't surprise me.

kevin1025

Banned
You're all crazy! They'll do a PS4 and PSVR conference, and then a Vita conference too! You'll see! You'll all see
that I'm the crazy one

If only.

They should do one last push, just for the hell of it.

RK128

You're all crazy! They'll do a PS4 and PSVR conference, and then a Vita conference too! You'll see! You'll all see
that I'm the crazy one

If only.

They should do one last push, just for the hell of it.

Its great you are optimistic buddy :). Just don't expect Sony to have a push with the Vita; all their main teams that supported the Vita in the past (Guerrilla Cambridge, Media Molecule, Transester Studios (LBP Vita Team), Sony Bend, Studio Japan, ect) moved on to PS4 development.

To me, Gravity Rush 2 jumping ship to PS4 was what told me 'Yep, Sony's officially done with the Vita".

Thankfully, we got more then just Sony stuff on Vita, as the indie community and JP publishers/developers like supporting the console :).

Its great you are optimistic buddy :). Just don't expect Sony to have a push with the Vita; all their main teams that supported the Vita in the past (Guerrilla Cambridge, Media Molecule, Transester Studios (LBP Vita Team), Sony Bend, Studio Japan, ect) moved on to PS4 development.

To me, Gravity Rush 2 jumping ship to PS4 was what told me 'Yep, Sony's officially done with the Vita".

I don't know why people would expect that anyway - it's been obvious since 2013, Shu has been saying it every year since then.

If we're getting anything it'll be 3PP stuff, that's it.

kevin1025

Banned

Thankfully, we got more then just Sony stuff on Vita, as the indie community and JP publishers/developers like supporting the console :).

What I think would help is even a 10-20 minute presentation showcasing everything that's coming in the next 12 months for the handheld, even a simple video put onto the Playstation Youtube channel or the Playstation Blog during PSX. It won't move units like crazy or anything, but it'll still be nice!

But yeah, Sony's teams have moved on to PS4 and VR, which is understandable. At least there's the interesting games that have been coming out and of course crossbuy!

Plus I want The Banner Saga, darn it! And Ronin! And (infinite more games mentioned)!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i saw for the first time 1001 spikes on the italian store, it's written that it was released in October... what the hell? I have never seen it before and i check the store almost every day!

Ryan95

Yesterday i saw for the first time 1001 spikes on the italian store, it's written that it was released in October... what the hell? I have never seen it before and i check the store almost every day!

Same speech goes for Trails In the Sky SC: It's already out in Europe but it's completely missing from the Vita italian store.
I want to buy it sometime in the future, along with TiTS FC, and I'd be disappointed if I couldn't

Tohsaka

1001 Spikes is the only game in recent memory that I dropped because of its frustrating difficulty. Not that it's a bad game or anything, I just couldn't finish it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I finished Tokyo Twilight and i was disappointed because i didn't got a secondary character ending, i was expecting to get the main girl or Moichi Sengen(the otaku) even if i was hoping for Ike Kaede(the magician girl).
If you want to win easy very late in the game Moichi Sengen(level 20 or more) learns a support skill that sets to 0 the action points of the surrounding ghosts, meaning that they cannot move, attack and even counterattack, basically
you_are_already_dead-nhmb4.jpg

(again)

1001 Spikes is the only game in recent memory that I dropped because of its frustrating difficulty. Not that it's a bad game or anything, I just couldn't finish it.
i guess i'll stay away from it XD

Ponn

Banned
Man i'm anticipating both the PSN BF sale and E-Shop BF sale but I have no idea why because of my backlog on both the Vita and 3DS. I was going to get some PSN cards to be ready but I got my $15 credit and i'm thinking i'm just going to leave it at that to limit myself from adding more games to my backlog that I may never even get to. I don't even have anything in particular i'm looking for but I know I will see stuff and say "Oh thats a good price I should get it" I guess I could use NepNep REbirth 3 to complete my collection but I still got rebirth 2, Noire and U Unleashed I haven't even played yet.

Shizuka

That's another 3 layers of shit to look for (availability across the three major regions). Not likely to happen immediately, but maybe down the line or in a different chart.

I could get right around 85% of all Vita games, it's only really hard when it comes to JP and some EU games.

That's another 3 layers of shit to look for (availability across the three major regions). Not likely to happen immediately, but maybe down the line or in a different chart.

I didn't say it was a reasonable, but that's what would pull me back to the list lol. Don't see much need for a list of releases for me personally. Surely helpful for new vita owners though.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
It was released in some PAL countries back in October, lots of countries were excluded including Italy. They amended this last Thurday I think when it and VVVVVV became available in every PAL region store.

VLiberty

i guess i'll stay away from it XD
Not that you'll have any chance, Lolcalis and Strangely Compelling decided that we weren't worth a store description translation, therefore 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV will not be released in most of the european countries.

EDIT: WHAT
I'd missed your previous post, hopefully VVVVVV is up as well

holy shit yes VVVVVV is finally up

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Not that you'll have any chance, Lolcalis and Strangely Compelling decided that we weren't worth a store description translation, therefore 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV will not be released in most of the european countries.

EDIT: WHAT
I'd missed your previous post, hopefully VVVVVV is up as well

holy shit yes VVVVVV is finally up
Yeah I asked Tyrone personally about this and he had no idea that this had happened, so thankfully they fixed it shortly after.
The sad part is that the other SC represented companies are probably also unaware that SC is doing such a halfassed job with their games in Europe, and I have no idea how to contact them about it in English and SC is being as communicative as a brick wall about it and just comes up with excuses. Sigh.

incpdo

Just saw the bluemaxima Vita updates for this week and:
Anyone excited for Read Only Memories ? Looks a bit like snatcher . it's really digging the 80's vibe. Im in day one actually.
2796025-cp_readonlymemories_ql.00_11_00_53.still001.jpg

So Ray Gigant or whatever the name , it is coming as a digital only release. Pretty interesting.
Odin sphere is a retail, artbook included, na release? Man my wallet hurts already

incpdo

ss_cd07d273dcaa4712a837pwo.jpg

"A bit"

The characters look absolutely awful but it does look great. I'm all for a Snatcher-like game.
To me is not awful it is clearly trying to do that goofy character designs of the 80's like in some cartoons for example idk inspector gadget. There is a trailer and I think it's pretty damn good.
Just in case somebody does not check the upcoming Vita games thread

Here are two new announced games :

99 Vidas
Captura-de-Tela-2015-07-29---s-16.34.00-700x437.png

Recruits
QUByteInteractive_Recruits_03.jpg

Prelude.

To me is not awful it is clearly trying to do that goofy character designs of the 80's like in some cartoons for example idk inspector gadget. There is a trailer and I think it's pretty damn good.
They look like something you'd find on DeviantArt. Especially furry Major Motoko.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Welcome back, are you here to stay?

not many left here from older VitaGAF

interesting - im glad to see some familiar names still around.

sadly I wont be sticking around... lost my vita a while back, waited for a good deal, and nothing ever came around.

just seeing if anyone is interested in selling a mem card for gaf secret santa

I'm starting to think that chaos reborn would be great on the Vita and a surprise port announcement on PSX would make me lose my sh*t(maybe even more than BG EE)

:D

autoduelist

if you're in the US, gamefly has a huge sale on ps4, and some vita games. used, as always, but for me always mint and any insert codes, etc, are always unused.

stuff already selling out [it disappears from list] like ps4's type-0... but stuff generally comes back into stock here and there.

Tizoc

Will probably buy Bomberman Party Edition, Bust-A-Move 4 and Metal Slug X.

Bomberman may not be Vita compatible!

Metal Slug X is an OK port of the game, although it censors blood by recoloring it as white and has missing frames of animation. Otherwise it's the usual good ol' Metal Slug goodness.

Also thanks for that headsup on the 10% discount code but i sadly don't have anything I'd want to use it with :/

Top Bottom