• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

v1perz53

Hmm, I had forgotten than I ordered a Vita TV during one of those Amazon firesales for $40. I can't remember, am I able to just pop out my Vita memory card and throw it in to play digital games if it is the same account for Vita and Vita TV or does that not work?

Have a pretty healthy Vita backlog going right now, 3rd year of med school isn't leaving me with much time. 4th year promises to have more time though, so looking forward to catching up.

Yasumi

Banned
Looks like Amnesia Memories is $9, definitely grabbing it when everything goes live. Tomorrow's going to sting.

Edit: WELP.

Hmm, I had forgotten than I ordered a Vita TV during one of those Amazon firesales for $40. I can't remember, am I able to just pop out my Vita memory card and throw it in to play digital games if it is the same account for Vita and Vita TV or does that not work?

Have a pretty healthy Vita backlog going right now, 3rd year of med school isn't leaving me with much time. 4th year promises to have more time though, so looking forward to catching up.

Yeah, you can do that.

VLiberty

Gat dayum I wish EU sales were nearly as interesting as US ones.

Legend of Kay at 3.75$ is crazy though it's the PS3 edtion. I'm buried by games on PS3, I'd rather wait and get it on PS4, I could see this as a PS+ freebie

IaFPIhd.png

giphy.gif

So I finally ordered a 2TB drive for PS4 ($70 on Amazon right now!), delivered within 2 hours via Amazon Now.

I probably messed it up, but in preperation I:

- Made sure my saves were backed up to online storage
- Deleted all applications but PT, so I could use the backup/restore function to a small USB stick. (The backup option can only backup EVERYTHING, not specific content)

So if I manage to install the new drive, I plug in the USB drive and restore the PT backup?

Hope it works..

Baust

Ugh, VitaGAF, I need some help...

I was fiddling around with my Vita this morning and one of my PSP games said the file was corrupt. I'm on a 64GB card, by the way. So I went to rebuild the database, except that my Vita crashed before it got to do it. I booted it up and everything was gone.

That didn't seem like too much of a problem. I got everything to come back up by rebuilding the database a couple of times, but now when I launch my digital Vita titles, most of them crash when they boot up. I haven't had this problem with any of the PSP or PS1 games I've tried.

How can I fix this? Do I need to just re-download everything? Can I still backup my saves if it's in this state, or would I be better off finding an older backup?

Ugh, VitaGAF, I need some help...

I was fiddling around with my Vita this morning and one of my PSP games said the file was corrupt. I'm on a 64GB card, by the way. So I went to rebuild the database, except that my Vita crashed before it got to do it. I booted it up and everything was gone.

That didn't seem like too much of a problem. I got everything to come back up by rebuilding the database a couple of times, but now when I launch my digital Vita titles, most of them crash when they boot up. I haven't had this problem with any of the PSP or PS1 games I've tried.

How can I fix this? Do I need to just re-download everything? Can I still backup my saves if it's in this state, or would I be better off finding an older backup?

It could be the console causing the issue (not the memory card or its contents). Try doing a system restore with your memory card out, then put it in and rebuild the database. Might fix more of the issues.

If not, you're kind of in a weird state; anything you back up to the cloud might be corrupt, and anything you try to backup will overwrite old stuff you've got backed up - putting you in a corner.

You can sync to PC fresh by copying out the existing PSVita folder and then have it make the backup completely anew and see if that works, but that's only useful if you have the extra room and technical skill.

It's only going to get better. I hope you enjoy the rest and eventually play Ar nosurge. The overall story of both games ended up being one of my favorite experiences of the past year.

Chapter 8 definitely wasn't as good, but I'm still enjoying it.

Just man, in chapter 7 when
Nero world-shifts and only Ion knows
, that's the moment where I thought "this is something special"

autoduelist

So I finally ordered a 2TB drive for PS4 ($70 on Amazon right now!), delivered within 2 hours via Amazon Now.

I probably messed it up, but in preperation I:

- Made sure my saves were backed up to online storage
- Deleted all applications but PT, so I could use the backup/restore function to a small USB stick. (The backup option can only backup EVERYTHING, not specific content)

So if I manage to install the new drive, I plug in the USB drive and restore the PT backup?

Hope it works..

what model please? i'll do the same I think at that price.

RK128

Saw the games that are part of the black friday sale....man, there some some great prices.

SAO Hollow Fragment Vita being 10 bucks, Skylanders SuperChargers Digital version being 30 bucks (add the 20 or so dollars needed for the Sky and Sea rides and you can access everything for 50 bucks :D), and Order 1886 for 10 bucks is a great price for the game (short story and great visuals are worth 10 bucks I feel).

Great sale and even though I am not getting anything (just spent 40 bucks on Lost Song and don't have extra funds for more games right now XD), I highly recommend people give SuperChargers and Hollow Fragment a look.

The former is a great action/platformer that feels like a great mascot platformer (if my enjoyment of Swap Force means anything) while the latter is a fantastic JRPG that while has some story/characterization/translation issues is still a great game to play through with massive worlds to explore and a great combat system to play around with.

Baust

It could be the console causing the issue (not the memory card or its contents). Try doing a system restore with your memory card out, then put it in and rebuild the database. Might fix more of the issues.

If not, you're kind of in a weird state; anything you back up to the cloud might be corrupt, and anything you try to backup will overwrite old stuff you've got backed up - putting you in a corner.

You can sync to PC fresh by copying out the existing PSVita folder and then have it make the backup completely anew and see if that works, but that's only useful if you have the extra room and technical skill.

Restored the system and no luck...

I'm gonna try to pop my memory card in my Playstation TV and see if everything is broken on there. I'll probably have to dig up backup saves on my older memory cards if all else fails.

EDIT: Yep, it's the memory card. Guess I'll have to restore my stuff.

v1perz53

It should be STDR2000100, I'm just about to install mine. But this is the one everyone says works well with PS4.

That's the one that looks like a standard external HD but you can just take the 2.5" drive out of the case right? Confirming since for that price I'd probably upgrade my PS4's drive, want to make sure I'm seeing the right thing.

Not sure if I should, since I currently have a 1TB hybrid drive, which might be faster. But I just filled up my Xbone which I never play or buy games for, I can only imagine I am nearing the limit of my 1TB PS4 drive.

Also, I'm jealous you live in an Amazon Now area...

That's the one that looks like a standard external HD but you can just take the 2.5" drive out of the case right? Confirming since for that price I'd probably upgrade my PS4's drive, want to make sure I'm seeing the right thing.

Not sure if I should, since I currently have a 1TB hybrid drive, which might be faster. But I just filled up my Xbone which I never play or buy games for, I can only imagine I am nearing the limit of my 1TB PS4 drive.

Also, I'm jealous you live in an Amazon Now area...

Correct, you can pry open the case, take out the drive, open your PS4, screw it in, and after downloading a restore file from Sony and putting that on a USB drive, you're good to go.

2TB is nice though, even 1TB would fill up fast.

Sondar

Amnesia $12
Hatoful Pigeon thing $5

Atelier Totori Plus £8.75
Project Diva £12.50

Think I might grab those although I've only just bought Atelier Rorona Plus for £10 & not yet played it. And I've not yet played Project Diva f2nd.

Is it worth buying the first Project Diva?

I remember using the gyro to control flower(and gravity rush) is this different?

Edit:is it common that a leaked trophy list turns out to be nothing?

Edit 2:NI keep showing MC running from the righ to the left(hero must die) but no combat gameplay ;)
Maybe it works then. But sorry I dont know the controls in that case :(

hey guys i have a question about game sharing.

i bought a US code on amazon (i'm from EU) and i want to share it with someone.

if i make a new US account, redeem it on PSN can i just give him the login, he activates the account as main and we both play it?

i have my main EU account as main in the moment, is there a limit?

shmoglish

hey guys i have a question about game sharing.

i bought a US code on amazon (i'm from EU) and i want to share it with someone.

if i make a new US account, redeem it on PSN can i just give him the login, he activates the account as main and we both play it?

i have my main EU account as main in the moment, is there a limit?

Your console has to use the account as primary console. Than you can play the game with your account (europe) and stay offline.
The console of your friend needs to be the secondary console. He can play the game when he uses the us account and is online.

Your console has to use the account as primary console. Than you can play the game with your account (europe) and stay offline.
The console of your friend needs to be the secondary console. He can play the game when he uses the us account and is online.

cool thanks.

kng3025

Need some help deciding on which game to get. Best buy has The Evil within, Dark souls 2 and Far cry 4 on sale, and with GCU and some credit, I could get one of them for 5 bucks. Problem is, I'm trying to decide which one. Any suggestions?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If I go instore to Gamestop will they pricematch the Blue Vita from online? Cause I want it now.

autoduelist

Is there a way to tell my PS4 to only download one thing at a time?

Pause everything else? IIRC go into your download list and just click X on stuff to pause... if it's not that exactly, there should be a button prompt telling you what to do [maybe Option button?].... but I think it's just click X.

maouvin

Is there a way to tell my PS4 to only download one thing at a time?

Doesn't it already? Never saw mine doing simultaneous downloads.
If you want to change what's being downloaded, just pause everything but what you want, and when it begins downloading unpause the rest.

Pause everything else? IIRC go into your download list and just click X on stuff to pause... if it's not that exactly, there should be a button prompt telling you what to do [maybe Option button?].... but I think it's just click X.

That's what I ended up doing, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a huge download queue as you need to keep eye on it.

Doesn't it already? Never saw mine doing simultaneous downloads.
If you want to change what's being downloaded, just pause everything but what you want, and when it begins downloading unpause the rest.

It always attempts to do three things at once for me.

RK128

Vita deals have been awful for like half a year now.

To be fair, a lot of the Vita's line up has been on sale at some point; not much to put on sale anymore.

Still, the I feel that the prices for Vita games thanks to the frequent sales have been great honestly; a lot cheaper then getting 3DS games (which are 30-40 bucks a pop).

This year got lots of good deals for 2014 titles and a few 2015 games having step price drops (Ar No Surge Plus being 20 bucks a few weeks back was a fantastic deal).

Top Bottom