• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeegsD

Ok so three times since yesterday my ultra ball has caught a pokemon after only swaying once and not the usual 3. Why does it do this sometimes? Also if you have fire pledge, do you need strength? I coulda sworn tha t it said it could move big boulders too. Also whose idea was it to only have 8 boxes in these games? I really wanted to complete the pokedex but there's only room for 240 pokemon.

KingDirk

In Relic Castle for the second time, all looking for that Black Stone...

Now it's been a while since I've played, but are the level requirements for gyms way lower then they were previously? I'm shocked I'm already seven badges in. Really enjoying the game, but still fairly shocked.

(Also, they really are going easy with giving you a Pokemon effective against whatever gym you're about to battle...looking at you, Mienfoo right prior to Brycen.)

Really digging this game. Just caught a Shelmet, so I'm willing to do some Karrablast trading; also have a Karrablast if anybody wants to send a Shelmet my way. Friend code in the doc!

Meier

I don't even understand how the Dowsing Machine works. I had it out and was over something once but it didn't seem to do anything. Do I eventually get a shovel?

Meier said:
I don't even understand how the Dowsing Machine works. I had it out and was over something once but it didn't seem to do anything. Do I eventually get a shovel?
You have to face the spot where the Dowsing Machine indicates to and interact with it. If you stand over it, it doesn't work. Stand on an opposite square and press A, like you are picking up an item. ^_^

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Meier said:

Just leave it on all the time, eventually it'll detect something. There's tons of items you miss if you don't use it.

Gravijah

Meier said:

You need to be next to the item, and then you press A on it.

Suairyu

Banned
Andrex said:
Just leave it on all the time, eventually it'll detect something. There's tons of items you miss if you don't use it.
The only annoyance is opening the menu closes the dowsing machine. Sucks.

Izayoi

Banned
Crunched said:
I have Uxie and Azelf. I used to have all three. My Dialga is gone too, no idea what happened there.

Oh shit my Giratina too fffffffuuuuuuuuuu
Do you have HG or SS? Sure you didn't trade them over?

Suairyu said:
The only annoyance is opening the menu closes the dowsing machine. Sucks.
It's like an eighth of a second to get it back up, though.

Acrylic7

I beat the game, so I went to where they told me to and the trainer had a level 65 pokemon. What? My strongest Pokemon was level 51. what happened. Am I supposed to go somewhere else and train first or what. Then I thought, hey maybe I will try the Elite Four again to level up or something. Then he whips out a level 70 Breloom at the beginning. I can only imagine the champion having a 2 level 80 dragon types anjd a bunch of other nonsence.
What?
Where am I supposed to go soon as I beat the game?

Izayoi

Banned
Acrylic7 said:
I beat the game, so I went to where they told me to and the trainer had a level 65 pokemon. What? My strongest Pokemon was level 51. what happened. Am I supposed to go somewhere else and train first or what. Then I thought, hey maybe I will try the Elite Four again to level up or something. Then he whips out a level 70 Breloom at the beginning. I can only imagine the champion having a 2 level 80 dragon types anjd a bunch of other nonsence.
What?
Where am I supposed to go soon as I beat the game?
You're supposed to fight those trainers tooth and nail to level up.

Trust me, it's better this than a repeat of Johto/Kanto where your only option was suiciding the Elite Four because the wild Pokemon were stupidly weak.

Roto13

Crunched said:
Only the Pokemon selection screen knocks you out, everything else can be shortcutted to. Well, besides save I guess which is annoying.
When you're trying to raise a balanced team, there can be a lot of item switching and team reorganizing. The Pokemon selection screen can get a lot of use.
Izayoi said:
It's like an eighth of a second to get it back up, though.
It's an extra step. I'm not trying to speed run through the game, but the more I have to do to accomplish a simple task, the more annoying it is.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I can't take pokemon online atm for a few weeks.. so because of this I can't do the battle train stuff. this blows as that's pretty much what I have left to do in the game + some of the various side dungeons :(

Red

Andrex said:
That crotch tuft does not do Reshiram any favors in paper form.
Haha. I noticed something like that in-game with the fire anteater. It's got these three winding dicks running up to its bellybutton.

This guy.

Chorazin

Roto13 said:
It's not weird problems, it's the way it works. If your game clock says you played it for 25 hours and you had the C Gear on with your DS closed for 15 hours, then math says you played it for 10 hours.

EDIT: 15 hours a day? Your battery probably wouldn't even last that long.

It does when your DS is plugged into an 18000mAh external battery you carry around during cons....

But anyways, I was wrong, it does run the clock. Last time I checked it it said 24 hours and some minutes...then I realized that was the fucking time I saved and I'm an idiot.

I have 45 hours on my game now. Sorry for the confusion!

Kintaco

So how does the Karrablast/Shelmet thing work? I got a Karrablast and a Shelmet so if anyone want's to help evolve them let me know.
FC
1034 0603 5439

Roto13

Andrex said:
But Reshiram's supposed to be the feminine one. D:
But Cloysters are vaginae.

xg4x7.jpg

Zzoram

Kintaco said:
So how does the Karrablast/Shelmet thing work? I got a Karrablast and a Shelmet so if anyone want's to help evolve them let me know.
FC
1034 0603 5439

Person A trades Karrablast, Person B trades Shelmet, they both evolve once received.

Kintaco

Andrex said:
Wow, I never used this thing, I have 6 badges ATM, but now I just turned it on and I can see that I missed a ton of items!

HolyCheck

Kintaco said:
Wow, I never used this thing, I have 6 badges ATM, but now I just turned it on and I can see that I missed a ton of items!

oh man! You're in for a surprise, it's so good, so many great things to be found too

Izayoi

Banned
Kintaco said:
Tons and tons and tons of hidden items. I would fly back to the first town and retrace my steps, because a lot of them are quite nice.

Teknoman

Cant be unseen indeed...

Anyway lol at Stunfisk. Havent seen a Pokemon that looked that oblivious in awhile. Surprised it was Ground/Electric. Wow at Icirrus city though, the music just keeps getting better and better. Reminds me of a town from Zelda, Chrono Trigger's millennial fair, and some port town from a PS1 RPG all rolled into one.

Suairyu

Banned
More alarming is that someone thought it had to be annotated. Just say "it looks like a vagina" and people can see where you're coming from. Was it for the benefit of the 13 year olds?

Andrefpvs

Wichu said:
Sorry to quote a post almost a day old
:O
, but:

Andrefpvs said:
Okay guys, this is eating me inside like a Heatmor would do to a Durant. I swear part of the
Zekrom/Reshiram
battle theme (not really a spoiler since you pretty much already know from the beginning you're fighting them) borrows a lot from Kanto Route 3/4 etc. theme.

Please tell me it's just not me! Here's the links:

Pokémon B/W
Reshiram/Zekrom
Battle Theme
(at 0:31)

Pokémon HG/SS Route 3 Theme (at 0:22)

I couldn't be the only one who thought of this... right? :|

I believe you mean the Route 41/42/43/44/45 theme?

:O

You know what, you may be right. Actually, I think it takes from both Route 3 and Route 41.

But yeah, it's a pretty familiar tune.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Ugh, that Volcarona gave me breeding fatigue. And I'm not even halfway done with my Tournament team...

I haven't even started mine, really. Although I can't imagine it'd take more than two weeks. Plus Firestorm said he's considering moving it to May, anyways.

HolyCheck

ColtraineGF said:
Okay, it seems I have one more task to do...

Does anyone have a Tornadus to lend me, so I can catch Landorus?

:( If my internet wireless protocols hadn't been changed I'd join in in a heart beat to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom