• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
btkadams said:
So the game clock grows even when your ds is closed? That's weak. I thought closing it effectively puts it to sleep (ie:pauses).

It does, but my theory is that doing so forces the game into sleep by the Nintendo DS. But when wireless is active, Pokemon B/W does its own "sleep mode" that still counts the time. B/W's sleep mode just turns of the screen and speakers, it doesn't put the actual game into an alternate state.

btkadams said:
So they basically made the game save clock completely inaccurate and useless.
It's so you can exchange data with people who are also playing the game with their C-Gear on even when you have your DS on in your pocket. If you don't care for that, just turn it off. Having wireless on all the time drains the battery more too.

btkadams

Chet Rippo said:
It's so you can exchange data with people who are also playing the game with their C-Gear on even when you have your DS on in your pocket. If you don't care for that, just turn it off. Having wireless on all the time drains the battery more too.
I want the c-gear on so I can finish the surveys in castelia.

zumphry

Banned
Is it just me, or is Rufflet kinda brittle? Finally caught one this morning (lvl 35), and my Unfezant (lvl 40) can take more hits than he can. Do I just have to keep on grinding him, or what? :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
Is it just me, or is Rufflet kinda brittle? Finally caught one this morning (lvl 35), and my Unfezant (lvl 40) can take more hits than he can. Do I just have to keep on grinding him, or what? :/

IVs, EVs, nature, and levels could be making a significant difference.

Achtius

ZayneH said:
He'll get a lot better when he evolves, which doesn't happen until lvl 54...

DMG-01

Hmm, I have 16 BP. Do I spend it on a Toxic Orb so that I can use my cheapo Breloom or do I spend it on a Power item to increase my breeding speed? Also, does the Battle Subway give more BP than previous Battle Towers? I don't remember getting 16 BP from only a 21 streak.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
GaimeGuy said:
I really wish penny arcade or something would do a comic parodying the ferris wheel scene. It's so awkward.

"Let's get on the ferris wheel and see if we can spot team plasma from the top!"
"I love ferris wheels. I love the circular motion."
"BTW I'm king of Team Plasma. Sup dude?"

Actually, I'm pretty sure Pokemon is paying homage to the ferris wheel scene in The Third Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i47-QBL4Qo

Also, does anyone else find Musharna to be really creepy looking?

musharna.png

It looks like a friggin fetus with an umbilical cord.

I wish I had a second DS to trade from my Diamond to my White when the time comes. I checked a while ago and I have some Pokemon with the Pokerus. I'd sure like to have that in this game, too :p

Suairyu said:
To be fair, Serebii has almost all the info you need.

But I have to wait nine months until I can get every last accessory due to my birthday! DAMNIT.
They don't mention how to get the Cake, Crown, Belt, or Tiarra. Which is what I needed.

Roto13

dragonlife29 said:
I wish I had a second DS to trade from my Diamond to my White when the time comes. I checked a while ago and I have some Pokemon with the Pokerus. I'd sure like to have that in this game, too :p
I could give you a Pokemon with the Pokerus.

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:
IVs, EVs, nature, and levels could be making a significant difference.

I don't bother with IVs or EVs since I don't (and probably never will) play competitively. Rufflet is Calm with Unfezant being Rash if that makes such a big difference.

Achtius said:
You are comparing a fully evolved pokemon with some ev in def/hp/sp def to a new unevolved one ;O

Unfezant have a bit higher defense, but way lower special defense.

I was going to mention that it wasn't really fair comparing a unevolved first form to a fully evolved Pokemon that's 5 levels higher but I guess I thought that would be taken for granted.

:/

Roto13

dragonlife29 said:
Always count on a 999 fan to be awesome. I don't really have anything worthwhile, to be honest; and all my stuff is nicknamed, haha.
If you have a spare Fire/Ice/Lightning stone, or some other evolution stone, that would come in handy since I'm working on completing the Pokedex. But if not, that's fine. My friend code is number 53 on the list.

EDIT: Ice Stone? WTF, that doesn't exist.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
I don't bother with IVs or EVs since I don't (and probably never will) play competitively. Rufflet is Calm with Unfezant being Rash if that makes such a big difference.

Well the point is it still has those things even if you don't pay attention to them. Your Unfezant could have 31 IVs in everything and your Rufflet could have only 1, for example.

As for EVs, your Unfezant is loaded with them since you've been playing with it for so long, whereas your Rufflet is a blank slate.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh gosh I just used the Poke Transfer to get Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. There's no going back now. D:

Roto13 said:
By the way, regarding this image in the OP:

8PLWw.png

Looks like there's a way to customize the C Gear, but how?

In Japan you could download wallpapers from NWFC (or the Dream World I think.)

Griffith

Banned
UltimateIke said:
Do any of you with Black version need a Braviary? I have an extra one that is about to get released if I don't trade it.

Fair enough.
Could I have it? Is there anything particular you want in return?

Roto13 said:
By the way, regarding this image in the OP:

8PLWw.png

Looks like there's a way to customize the C Gear, but how?
Pokedex too but you have to wait for the pokemon site to open on the 30th. But you can change the icons by pressing the cgear button.

Roto13

Andrex said:
Oh gosh I just used the Poke Transfer to get Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard. There's no going back now. D:

In Japan you could download wallpapers from NWFC (or the Dream World I think.)

Oh, ok. I can wait.

MatthewB92 said:
Pokedex too but you have to wait for the pokemon site to open on the 30th. But you can change the icons by pressing the cgear button.
Yeah, I figured that out. Mine are all squares. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
WTF trying to name my boxes and I can't used the scheme in SoulSilver I used (#001-030 for example), because "Numbers can not have more than four digits WTF??

Griffith said:
Could I have it? Is there anything particular you want in return?
I don't need anything in return, unless you are willing to part with an extra PP Up.

FC: 0303 9099 2313

I got your FC from the list.

Andrex said:
WTF trying to name my boxes and I can't used the scheme in SoulSilver I used (#001-030 for example), because "Numbers can not have more than four digits WTF??
Same thing happened to me. I was pissed. Still am.

Andrex said:
Yeah that was really dumb. Just name your boxes 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 I guess

1, 31, 61, 91

Roto13 said:
If you have a spare Fire/Ice/Lightning stone, or some other evolution stone, that would come in handy since I'm working on completing the Pokedex. But if not, that's fine. My friend code is number 53 on the list.
I can part with my Fire Stone, sure.

My FC is 3224 5092 5745. I've added you.

Roto13

dragonlife29 said:
I can part with my Fire Stone, sure.

My FC is 3224 5092 5745. I've added you.
Excellent. I'm out of Fire Stones. :p Gimme a minute to make my way to a Pokemon Center and I'll be right there.

EDIT: I'm in the room. Let me know if you don't see me. (I see you in the wi fi room, UltimateIke. :p)

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:
Well the point is it still has those things even if you don't pay attention to them. Your Unfezant could have 31 IVs in everything and your Rufflet could have only 1, for example.

As for EVs, your Unfezant is loaded with them since you've been playing with it for so long, whereas your Rufflet is a blank slate.

So where can I check IVs and EVs? The npc in the Battle Subway, or should I use a online calculator?

WHY ARE YOU BREAKING MY HEART AMERICA RUFFLET?!

Roto13 said:
Excellent. I'm out of Fire Stones. :p Gimme a minute to make my way to a Pokemon Center and I'll be right there.

EDIT: I'm in the room. Let me know if you don't see me. (I see you in the wi fi room, UltimateIke. :p)
One sec. I'm having issues connecting.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
So where can I check IVs and EVs? The npc in the Battle Subway, or should I use a online calculator?

WHY ARE YOU BREAKING MY HEART AMERICA RUFFLET?!

Personally I wouldn't worry about it until you evolve him. If he's still a wimp, then you can decide whether or not to drop him.

Roto13 said:

I like that I have enough people registered now that I can go in and see two or three people I'm not even expecting to be there. It's neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom