• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glix said:
its really easy. As long as the computer and DS are connecting through the same router, just queue up the pokemon you want and then go to the GTS (NOT in BW, its for D/P and HG/SS) and then the pokemon will be waiting for you as soon as you enter the GTS.

ONLY ONE AT A TIME

and yes to the celebi question.

Thanks just found the guide, cant believe I didn't see the menu bar at the top.

Zertez

I beat the game last night, definitely my favorite in the series so far. The Elite Four wasnt too bad after I leveled up
Reuniclus. He tore through almost everything in his way. I was expecting a huge fight with Zekrom and ended up catching him with one quick ball. Ghetsis was the toughest out of the end bosses, but luckily I had a nice stock of revival herbs. Sucks you can only go through N's castle once

btkadams

so did the person who was wanting to find a way to "see" thundurus in their copy of black figure out a way so they could ask for it on the gts?

or does someone with one want to show me it somehow?? haha

just beat the pokemon league for the second time holy crap at the
unique backgrounds for each pokemon was not expecting that, now i'm curious about all the backgrounds

So repeating my question from before: How needed is Surf in this game? I really don't want to teach it to anyone in my main battling party, but I also don't want to have to constantly go around and fetch an HM slave from my PC.

I'm not that worried though. The game seems to be really lax with HM usage this time. I've only used Cut once and Strength once since getting them.

Obsessed said:
So repeating my question from before: How needed is Surf in this game? I really don't want to teach it to anyone in my main battling party, but I also don't want to have to constantly go around and fetch an HM slave from my PC.

I'm not that worried though. The game seems to be really lax with HM usage this time. I've only used Cut once and Strength once since getting them.

all hms are side stuff only and not necessary for the main quest except for that initial use of cut .

Red

Obsessed said:

Cut is rarely used, and strength is primarily used to access shortcuts. Surf is the one that's most often useful (outside of fly). But is it necessary? I don't think so. You can finish the game without it, though you'll be missing a big chunk of content.

Zertez

Strength comes in handy time to time and I think you need cut the one time in the very beginning, but after that I dont think it is a necessity to go through the main story. It seems most of the HMs are to access side quests and option/hidden items and areas. You dont need them to complete the story, but they are nice to have. Most of the time I would go through an area with my normal team, then go back with with HM slaves to clean up.

TheOGB

Banned
Looks like the people on the last page or two missed out on the Rival/ending discussion/speculatin' from yesterday. Shit was epic

Roto13 said:
Chandelure's Pokedex:

"It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns."

It burns souls. Frigging creepy Black and White Pokemon.
What the fuck

Why are these dex entries so--
CreepyBlack
8O

reposting this because it hasn't been answered,

hey is there anywhere I can go for suggested move sets/natures/etc. for Black/White? (much like Smogon)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
greenhadoken said:

hey is there anywhere I can go for suggested move sets/natures/etc. for Black/White? (much like Smogon)

Smogon? Most of the B/W articles are practically done and ready to use.

789shadow

Banned
greenhadoken said:

Since you mentioned Smogon, is there something that makes Smogon not so good for you?

btkadams

does anyone have a thundurus they can trade to me and then i'll trade back? i just want the pokedex data so i can request it on the gts and have my own. i'll trade you my tornadus (i'll want it back though lol) so that you can get the data as well.

survivor

Banned
I don't know how I survived the last few days without playing White. I really hate having a school week filled with projects, labs and tests.

I'm thinking of what I should do now in the game. I'm thinking of exploring the right side of the map but I'm too scared to face these trainers. I think I will just fill my pokedex a bit more.
greenhadoken said:
not to be a dick, but can I get a link? Apparently I can't navigate that site
I think the analysis sets on their site are out of date. Just go to the forums instead and look for whatever Pokemon you want http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144&prefixid=pokemon

Though there is probably a better way of viewing the sets.

yeb

Back when Pearl came out, I tried making a serious team for the first time ever in a Pokemon game. I got hardcore into things, trying to make pokemon with multiple perfect IVs and everything. It was an absolute nightmare, and I will never do it again. I'm not being so much of a perfectionist this time, and wow, it's so much faster and more enjoyable. Even if I was obsessing over IVs, it would still be much better with all the new features since DP.

I needed a pokemon with a near-perfect speed IV, so I just gave my best Jolly Ditto a power anklet, then an everstone for a few more eggs, and I got what I wanted in less than 15 minutes. Then I decided I wanted a Haxorus. None of the egg moves seem crucial, but it will require multiple TMs. That's not a problem now, so I just caught one in the wild with one of my old synchronizers.

First battle in Victory Road:
Fraxure - #611 (Adamant)
HP: 11 - 12
Att: 24 - 25
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 23 - 24
SpD: 29
Speed: 29

I never try to complete the pokedex, so I will probably never even have an Axew entry now.

Poyunch

So yeah for Landorus is it really necessary to have both Thundurus and Tornadus on the cart or do you just need both dex entries?

Raxus

btkadams said:
does anyone have a thundurus they can trade to me and then i'll trade back? i just want the pokedex data so i can request it on the gts and have my own. i'll trade you my tornadus (i'll want it back though lol) so that you can get the data as well.
I've been trying the same thing to no avail :(

@Pounch

Both must be in the party.

Ondore

Just got my first Hall of Fame at 49:12.

Samurott: Surf/Waterfall/Megahorn/Ice Beam
Krookodile: Crunch/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Aerial Ace
Scrafty; HELLOJUMPKICK/Crunch/Rock Slide/Strength
Sigilyph: Psychic/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Fly
Galvantula: Thunder/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Thunder Wave
Chandelure: Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Psychic

Came down to 3 against
Volcarona
. Samurott Waterfalled it to critical, it used Hyper Beam, and Chandelure finished it on the recharge like a boss.

btkadams

what's with the complaining about the (regarding after completing main story)
trainer's pokemon being in the 60s after the main story? mine were all low 50s and i was still beating them fine.

Roto13

survivor said:
I don't know how I survived the last few days without playing White. I really hate having a school week filled with projects, labs and tests.

I'm thinking of what I should do now in the game. I'm thinking of exploring the right side of the map but I'm too scared to face these trainers. I think I will just fill my pokedex a bit more.
The trainers on that half of the map have Pokemon with higher levels than the Elite 4, but they're definitely much weaker. Don't get intimidated. You'll level up in no time.

Machine

Roto13 said:
The trainers on that half of the map have Pokemon with higher levels than the Elite 4, but they're definitely much weaker. Don't get intimidated. You'll level up in no time.

While that's true for the most part, there was one trainer the threw out a Dragonite that took me by surprise and wiped my team. Once he took out my stud Excadrill, the rest of the team folded quickly.

Roto13

I traded on the GTS for a Deino, an Axew, a Larvesta, and a Kink, just so it won't take me a hundred hours to evolve them so I can finish my Pokedex. Blurgh.

yeb

Roto13 said:
I traded on the GTS for a Deino, an Axew, a Larvesta, and a Kink, just so it won't take me a hundred hours to evolve them so I can finish my Pokedex. Blurgh.
You shouldn't need the Larvesta, there's a level 70 Volcarona at the end of Relic Castle in the post-game.

Does anyone have a Zorua or Vullaby they could trade to me?

survivor

Banned
I'm trying to offer a Pokemon for trade on the GTS but it keeps saying I can't deposit and shows number 13266. What's up with that?

Zzoram

Just got 7th badge.

All I've been using are Serperior, Seismitoad, and Eelektrik. They're all lvl 40+ right now. I keep a weak Woobat I never use in the party for Fly.

I still haven't made any progress with the badges, but I caught an adamant Karrablast on my first try. I also just got to some cave full of electricity and teleporting villains. Are there any Galvantula in there?

I've got work tonight and I'm gonna go fucking crazy on this game.

Izayoi

Banned
survivor said:
I'm trying to offer a Pokemon for trade on the GTS but it keeps saying I can't deposit and shows number 13266. What's up with that?
Nintendo's servers are overloaded.

Try again later.

Poyunch

SolarPowered said:
I still haven't made any progress with the badges, but I caught an adamant Karrablast on my first try. I also just got to some cave full of electricity and teleporting villains. Are there any Galvantula in there?

I've got work tonight and I'm gonna go fucking crazy on this game.
Yup Galavantula and Tynamo.

DMG-01

Izayoi said:
A little late but this is how I got around the box digit problems:

l00
Z00
E00
A00
S00
G00
Why not 1OO, 2OO, etc.?
TheOGB said:
I have found myself wondering why they didn't call Cofagrigus "Sarcoffagrin". That would have solved a few issues.
Not the GTS censor issue. ;P

Roto13

yeb said:
You shouldn't need the Larvesta, there's a level 70 Volcarona at the end of Relic Castle in the post-game.

Does anyone have a Zorua or Vullaby they could trade to me?
Well that's good to know. I was planning to fill out the Unova Dex before doing the rest of the post game stuff. Thanks for saving me all kinds of time. :p

TheOGB

Banned
DMG-01 said:
Not the GTS censor issue. ;P
...gah shit

double ruined :(
It'd still be easier to pronounce

EDIT:
Gravijah said:
Man, Garchomp is the worst shiny ever.
I disagree. Reshiram and Zekrom with opposite colors is the biggest missed opportunity this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom