• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna sound like the odd man out but after playing pokemon since blue/red, I have to say that I am really disappointed with the music this time around. The first two towns (especially when you find the street musicians) and the trainer theme with it's variations, and plamas' theme are the only ones that standout for me

Edit: this is shocking for me given the excellence of HG/SS's music

Raxus

So
Cynthia, gamefreak, elite 4 round 2, most of the riches (minus 3 members) down. Am I missing any other top trainers?

The Lamp

DragonKnight said:
I'm gonna sound like the odd man out but after playing pokemon since blue/red, I have to say that I am really disappointed with the music this time around. The first two towns (especially when you find the street musicians) and the trainer theme with it's variations, and plamas' theme are the only ones that standout for me

Yeah town music isn't too spectacular this time around (as far as I've gotten) but the battle-music, that first town (whatever it was called...Accumula?) and everything else is sogood.gif

Busaiku

Ok, so the music in Black is easily the best in the series that I can recall/have played through.
Though I don't remember Pearl's too well, it's better than Red/Blue/Yellow/Heart Gold!

Busaiku said:
Ok, so the music in Black is easily the best in the series that I can recall/have played through.
Though I don't remember Pearl's too well, it's better than Red/Blue/Yellow/Heart Gold!

I hope you aren't mocking me lol. But I really wish I felt the same way as you. I even went through all the past pokemon soundtracks and i'm really just not feeling Black and White in terms of music.

Edit: Not trying to turn this into a music thread but as for D/P/Pt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X1oNw7se1c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQImMIl7EA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGMf-72v7bo

No more from me lol

DMG-01

Izayoi said:
Because each box only holds 30 Pokemon, which causes problems for that naming scheme. The one I use ensures only 4 digits are used at a time.
Ah, I guess I didn't think that one through very well. I forgot that boxes have 30 slots.

Izayoi

Banned
Busaiku said:
Agreed completely.

Best music in the series, hands down.

Izayoi

Banned
Raxus said:
So
Cynthia, gamefreak, elite 4 round 2, most of the riches (minus 3 members) down. Am I missing any other top trainers?
Nope.

At least, I don't think so.

You've been to Challenger's Cave right?

Bii

DragonKnight said:

Driftveil City's theme is probably my favorite so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sj8DpYZu_Q

btkadams

DragonKnight said:

i'm not at all disappointed by the music in this game (i think it's great and certainly far better than diamond/pearl/plat) BUT heartgold/soulsilver have the best music in the series i think. maybe my opinion will change to black/white after i play this game as much as hg/ss though, i'm not sure.

Raxus

Izayoi said:
Nope.

At least, I don't think so.

You've been to Challenger's Cave right?
Next on the list. I am taking care of that in the morning since I like to hunt for pokemon outside at night and caves during the day to fill the pokedex. Dunno if the challengers are daily like the other end game guys.

I missed today's outbreak. Crap.

maxxpower

DragonKnight said:

Dude you obviously haven't been to Driftveil City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sj8DpYZu_Q

Busaiku

DragonKnight said:
I hope you aren't mocking me lol. But I really wish I felt the same way as you. I even went through all the past pokemon soundtracks and i'm really just not feeling Black and White in terms of music.
No, I actually didn't check your post when I hit reply.
I really do think so.

Some of the tracks are really relaxing and give me a sense of nostalgia for some reason (like I'm playing a Pokemon game for the first time or something).
And then I also love pretty much all the boss/legendary themes.

Raxus

ColtraineGF said:
I hope I'm not the only one trying to map out Abyssal Ruins on graph paper.

This place is absolutely huge...
there are 2-3 more floors (the 4th floor really doesn't count)

Also, that's what she said. Bow chika wow wow.

KingK

I just beat the Elite Four and
Ghetsis
!

What do I do now though?
I know I'm supposed to find the seven sages and stuff, but I went to route 11 and the trainers had pokemon over level 60, mine are just below and at 50. Is there somewhere I'm supposed to train first before going here?

I just used "I" as 1 and "O" as 0 at the end and went up 15I-18O , etc

also
man that seven sages stuff really disappointed me they really should have gave them pokemon or something instead of just a chat then they get arrested

Raxus

KingK said:
I just beat the Elite Four and
Ghetsis
!

What do I do now though?
I know I'm supposed to find the seven sages and stuff, but I went to route 11 and the trainers had pokemon over level 60, mine are just below and at 50. Is there somewhere I'm supposed to train first before going here?
The first couple of trainers are push overs. The grass should provide adequate training material until you feel comfortable to move on.

Izayoi

Banned
DragonKnight said:
Post your favorites in the music appreciation thread? I really wanna see what you like about BW's soundtrack
Will do. I'll post here when I have a list.

ColtraineGF said:
I hope I'm not the only one trying to map out Abyssal Ruins on graph paper.

This place is absolutely huge...
And it's four floors, too. Good luck if you don't plan on using a guide.

survivor

Banned
I have been leveling up my Fraxure and this guy is a beast. Plus he has False Swipe so I have been catching Pokemon left and right.

Zertez

I know it is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a female Charmander or Turtwig for trade? Level or nature doesnt matter. I have quite a few Snivy and Tepigs, 1 female of each a bunch of males, and most things from White, outside of legendaries. I would be willing to send back a female once I have breed one as well.

KingK

Raxus said:
The first couple of trainers are push overs. The grass should provide adequate training material until you feel comfortable to move on.

Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Also, why the hell can't Seismitoad learn Waterfall?!

Err, is this where I'd ask? Anyway, I'm kinda looking for a rough skin adamant Druddigon...Everyone says it sucks but I think it's design is awesome and I'd really like to use it. I don't have much to trade...basically an oshowatt if you want one, a adamant scraggy, other pokemon from Black (up to the 7th gym) and a bunch of sheer force druddigon's

Raxus

KingK said:
Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Also, why the hell can't Seismitoad learn Waterfall?!
Goldduck is in the grass. Meet your new HM whore.

Zzoram

Izayoi said:
Because there's a restriction that only allows you to put four digits in the name.

It took me a while to realize what you meant. I thought it was 4 characters period, so I didn't see the benefit of mixing numbers with letters.

Qwomo

What's the state of flash carts/pokesav/etc. for B/W? Is there a pokesav for the games? I don't have a DS, but I'm considering getting one just for B/W, and I'd really like to start the game out with a team of my favorite little dudes from previous generations; I like having a consistent team throughout all the games. Not sure if I'd shell out the money for the handheld if I can't have my Shinx starter.

Zzoram

fhtagn said:
What's the state of flash carts/pokesav/etc. for B/W? Is there a pokesav for the games? I don't have a DS, but I'm considering getting one just for B/W, and I'd really like to start the game out with a team of my favorite little dudes from previous generations; I like having a consistent team throughout all the games. Not sure if I'd shell out the money for the handheld if I can't have my Shinx starter.

Find someone on GAF who will give you the team of 6 you want, beat 1st gym then do a friend code wi-fi club trade for the team of 6, win?

fhtagn said:

not accesible on your own before post game, you'd have to get someone here to trade you one.

Qwomo

Ah, you can trade after the first gym? That's not too bad! Artificial restrictions like that can be lame, but I seem to remember it being worse in previous games. Not too shabby. I guess I'll go order my DS now, hooray!

Portalbox

fhtagn said:
Ah, you can trade after the first gym? That's not too bad! Artificial restrictions like that can be lame, but I seem to remember it being worse in previous games. Not too shabby. I guess I'll go order my DS now, hooray!

Nah I think it's always been like that, in the older games (before GTS) I think you could trade right after you got the first batch of Pokeballs.

Zzoram

btkadams said:
i want to break my ds. volcarona is not getting in the fucking ball! lol

ultras and dusks are the only ones you should have

is volcarona in a cave? if so dusk should work better.

you giving it status ailments? paralyze is an easy one to do, slows it's rate of killing your tanks as you stall for pokeball time

btkadams

Zzoram said:
ultras and dusks are the only ones you should have

is volcarona in a cave? if so dusk should work better.

you giving it status ailments? paralyze is an easy one to do, slows it's rate of killing your tanks as you stall for pokeball time
i ran out of dusks and just have ultras. i've used like 20 on him and he has a sliver of red health. i can't paralyze him because my pkmn with thunder wave is too slow and gets one-hit KO'd by him. UGH!

EDIT: yessssss finally caught him.

Red

Do you need all players on a local network to do Entralink? If so, it's going to be tough to get more people to my forest :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom