• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one who love Stunfisk's little laugh?
ZXnKR.jpg

Tempted to train one because of it.

Reknoc

BGBW said:
ZXnKR.jpg

Everything about Stunfisk is great.

Though the laugh doesn't really gel with my idea that it's a depressed Pokemon.

Finally made it back from work and I got me a brand spanking new Galvantula. I guess it's time to get my hands on a shelmet. I also need to find someone to trade my Karrablast so that I can get my Escavalier.

I'm right in front of the 6th gym leader, but I can take my time with the story. I can't wait to see how the new pokemon shape up against the old ones.

Murkas

Beat the 4th Gym leader last night, My sandile made the battle nice and easy.

Funny note, my friend started his new game the other day and he actually lost when he fought the second fight in the bedroom at the beginning. Dunno how he managed that.

vcassano1 said:
Anyone have a Rufflet they can trade for a female Vullaby (Black exclusive!) ?

just want to make note that all Vullaby are female and all rufflets are male , so saying female vullaby is redundant .

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well that whole final sequence, from beating the E4 to the end, was easily the most epic (actual use of the word epic) thing the Pokemon games have ever tried to do.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The_Technomancer said:
Well that whole final sequence, from beating the E4 to the end, was easily the most epic (actual use of the word epic) thing the Pokemon games have ever tried to do.

Meeting Red was pretty epic but they're both pretty close.

Fuck sigilyph. I spent an hour and a half trying to find one. They have the same chance as the maractus and I have seen atleast 10 of them. So fuckin annoying.

Roto13

"Mm! You smell like an athlete!"

Thanks, Veteran Arlen in the Small Stadium.

The_Technomancer said:
Oooh, right. Red might beat this out in terms of fan-service.
The fact that he doesn't talk kind of creeped me out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
"Mm! You smell like an athlete!"

Thanks, Veteran Arlen in the Small Stadium.

The fact that he doesn't talk kind of creeped me out.

He didn't talk in the original games either...

Gen 6 needs an anime-styled Pokemon league instead of the traditional style. And you fight all the protagonists from Gen 2-5 as challengers, followed by Red in the final battle.

Okay I need some help!

I finally l found a sigilyph. What type of pokeball should Iuse. I tried 2 ultraballs so far, and the sandstorm is going to kill it afterthis next turn. The damn thing wont get caught what the hell is going on. It doesnt have any health.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If Ultraballs don't work, try some nest balls if it is 20 or below.

I hate how I had a Pokemon escape a critical Pokeball throw, thats cheating D:

Red

HenryGale said:
Okay I need some help!

I finally l found a sigilyph. What type of pokeball should Iuse. I tried 2 ultraballs so far, and the sandstorm is going to kill it afterthis next turn. The damn thing wont get caught what the hell is going on. It doesnt have any health.
You'll fight another one, they aren't rare. Try dusk balls if you're inside, and quick balls on the first turn you next see one.

Crunched said:
You'll fight another one, they aren't rare. Try dusk balls if you're inside, and quick balls on the first turn you next see you.
I beg to differ about rareness. I spent close to two hours now, this this kis ithej first I have seen. Im about to throw down another ultraball.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Red. Blue was Oak.

You could read what Red said once, via copy-cat girl. Ethan too, if I remember correctly...

Blue was the rival ("Gary" in the anime.)

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Blue was the rival ("Gary" in the anime.)

Yeah, Oak. I just didn't want to say Gary... :p

Of course his mother could've married someone with a different last name, but who really wants to get into all that?

Red

HenryGale said:
I beg to differ about rareness. I spent close to two hours now, this this kis ithej first I have seen. Im about to throw down another ultraball.
I don't know, I fought them a lot. Every four or five battles was a Sigilyph for me.

Keep in mind ultra balls are only half as effective as dusk balls or other "special" Pokeballs when their conditions are met.

btkadams

HenryGale said:
then that's bad luck i guess. i had the same thing with cofagrigus where i never saw it (though it's supposedly common). just keep trying!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
D-Pad said:
Yeah, Oak. I just didn't want to say Gary... :p

Of course his mother could've married someone with a different last name, but who really wants to get into all that?
Prof. Oak could be his paternal grandfather. Thus Prof. Oak -> Mr. Oak -> Gary Oak

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BGBW said:
Prof. Oak could be his paternal grandfather. Thus Prof. Oak -> Mr. Oak -> Gary Oak
"I'm a Pokemon professor, and apparently studied the subject, despite knowing absolutely nothing about them. Now I'm going to move to a town of primarily single mothers! Now....go on kids, shoo, get out of the house, go...catch all the Pokemon or something. Here, have a Pokedex."

r4z4

HenryGale said:
I have a couple of spare Sigilyphs if you can wait till about 10-11 GMT to trade?

They were not that rare when I walked through the desert resort.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
r4z4 said:
I have a couple of spare Sigilyphs if you can wait till about 10-11 GMT to trade?

They were not that rare when I walked through the desert resort.

They're a 10% chance of spawning in the desert, not in the ruins. This could take 20 minutes, if you're really unlucky, but I have a feeling some people give up after a dozen battles and not finding one.

BlueWord

Caught a shiny Roggenrola, first time I've seen a shiny in a while. About 40 hours in, still haven't beaten the 4th gym. I always waste time grinding in these games.

BGBW said:
ZXnKR.jpg

This is why I love Pokemon. Even small things make me want to make Pokemon part of my party.

I can't be the only one that thought Lillipup was the cutest thing ever and HAD to be in my party, no matter what. And then I got Herdier <3 Then Stoutland...:lol

Honestly, I think some of the pokemon designs are weak becuase of the simple looking eyes. They could slightly redesign those pokemon for the next game and all would be well.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
dragonlife29 said:
This is why I love Pokemon. Even small things make me want to make Pokemon part of my party.

I can't be the only one that thought Lillipup was the cutest thing ever and HAD to be in my party, no matter what. And then I got Herdier <3 Then Stoutland...:lol

I did that.

LMAO at Stoutland, then dropped him from my party. His defense sucks too much to keep him around looking like that.

The Lamp

Really? I hated Lillipup.

Maybe it's because I hate Yorkies but I just thought the idea of a Yorkie Pokemon to be stupid and a sign of creative slump.

And why's it called Herdier? Am I right in pronouncing it "Hurr-durr"?

Gravijah

The Lamp said:
Really? I hated Lillipup.

Maybe it's because I hate Yorkies but I just thought the idea of a Yorkie Pokemon to be stupid and a sign of creative slump.

And why's it called Herdier? Am I right in pronouncing it "Hurr-durr"?

"Herdier may derive from herd, referencing herding dogs, and terrier."

dogs suck ne way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom