• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
SquirrelNuckle said:
Lol I remember abusing Pokemon Stadium as a kid with a Calming Minding Mewtwo and just Pyschic everything down. It wasn't even fair.
I think you mean Amnesia, Calm Mind wasn't introduced until RSE. In Gen 1 SpAtk and SpDef were the same thing, so Amnesia basically doubled both of them, pretty ridiculous.

MidnightScott said:
Anyone have a spare Thunderstone, I wanna evolve my Eelektrik. This wouldn't be a problem if they allowed item transfers >.<
What level are you evolving yours at? Mines at 48 and I know Elektross doesn't learn anymore moves after its evolved, but idk if zap cannon and wild charge is worth the trouble.

beje

Banned
103c1sm.gif

By the way, I managed to get a female Archen out of the fossil, so now I'm breeding her for nice IVs and all I've got so far are males XD

Achtius

razgriz417 said:
What level are you evolving yours at? Mines at 48 and I know Elektross doesn't learn anymore moves after its evolved, but idk if zap cannon and wild charge is worth the trouble.

Wild charge is a tm

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Somebody smack me really hard, because I'm thinking about getting back into the card game...

jman2050

razgriz417 said:

Wild Charge is a TM so you don't have to worry about that.

I did it at level 54 since that's when he learned Coil.

Mr. Sam

I think, pokemon-wise, this has been one of my favourite generations. Though I find the starter pokemon questionable and there are some weird ones tucked away in there (ugh, Garbodor), there are a lot who are simultaneously cool and useful. This is the first time I've genuinely had a rotating first team:

497.png
518.png
538.png
553.png
555.png
563.png
565.png
604.png
628.png

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Somebody smack me really hard, because I'm thinking about getting back into the card game...
While they at it, they should smack me too. I got sucked back into Yu-Gi-Oh a few months ago...

Card games are expensive. How do kids afford this?

beje

Banned
Wiseblade said:
While they at it, they should smack me too. I got sucked back into Yu-Gi-Oh a few months ago...

Spending their whole allowance and lunch money on it.

Boogiepop

Wiseblade said:

They are. Terribly so. Had to cut myself off of the pokemon TCG again recently, it's just too much of a money sink. All TCGs need video games... :(

EvilMario said:
I can make a list too!

Empoleon > Blastoise > Samurott > > Swampert > Feraligatr

Charizard > Blaziken > Emboar > Typhlosion > Infernape

Torterra > Meganium > Venusaur > Serperior > Sceptile

NOPE

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wiseblade said:
GF made hack filtering on GTS more stringent from what I heard. Basically anything on GTS is legit or indistinguishable from a legit one.

Negotiations can get you very bad hacks though. Like level 100 shiny Steelix met at route 1 at level 100. I also had no problem ditching that Steelix on normal GTS so I'm not so sure if the filter's all that up to snuff. Another problem with the GTS I don't understand they ignore is all the damn listings for Reshiram <lv.9 and such. Like 75% of the trades I see posted up there ask for these impossible things. How hard would it be to grey out everything up to level 50 for Reshiram/Zekrom and stuff. It would improve the GTS so much.

Is it wrong that I want to breed a bunch of zorua from the Zoroark and Zorua I got in game? After watching the Pokemon movie, it makes me a bit uneasy

Me Maaaaa!

razgriz417 said:
Is it wrong that I want to breed a bunch of zorua from the Zoroark and Zorua I got in game? After watching the Pokemon movie, it makes me a bit uneasy

Me Maaaaa!

I did that hoping for a shiny. 3 boxes later and I lost interest!

beje

Banned
Nils said:
Negotiations can get you very bad hacks though. Like level 100 shiny Steelix met at route 1 at level 100. I also had no problem ditching that Steelix on normal GTS so I'm not so sure if the filter's all that up to snuff. Another problem with the GTS I don't understand they ignore is all the damn listings for Reshiram <lv.9 and such. Like 75% of the trades I see posted up there ask for these impossible things. How hard would it be to grey out everything up to level 50 for Reshiram/Zekrom and stuff. It would improve the GTS so much.

It could happen that you could actually get that pokémon on an event at such level. For example, in HG/SS you can get the DPPt main trio at level 1

OMG Aero said:
Since you are giving it Leech Seed, you could swap Leftovers for a Rocky Helmet to really punish physical attackers.

I was thinking of that too, however it be useless if I fought Special Attackers.
Does anyone have any Musharma tactics?

I was thinking of training one with Calm Nature with the moves Barrier, Moonlight, Toxic/Thunder Wave, Psychic.
I get the impression people like using Sleep Talk/Baton Pass with him, but I want to have a move-set that makes him incredibly defensive.

Woffls

Andrex said:
Aren't they putting the TCG online with Pokémon Global Link?

Also, wait for the Pokémon AR cards ;D I would like to find my old cards though :( My shiny Raichu was crumpled up so he sat in a heavy book for a few months! I have no idea how I lost them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
beje said:
It could happen that you could actually get that pokémon on an event at such level. For example, in HG/SS you can get the DPPt main trio at level 1

I know but even then it doesn't make sense. Think about it. Event Pokemon always have a ribbon that prevents them from being traded. And how hard is it now to do any gimmicky stuff like the level 1 DPPt main trio if it can effectively clean up the GTS. Even if they still do that they could lift the greying out for that Pokemon or treat it like the Event Pokemon you get from Nintendo Wifi and make it so that they can't be traded.

I love trade negotiations but they could have fixed the GTS more for this game. The glitch where you see a different Pokemon in the line-up when you search hasn't even been fixed and they removed one of the better features right after the release of the Japanese Diamond/Pearl: sending you an e-mail when a trade has been completed.

They're obviously trying new internet related stuff, but they still keep missing the ball on obvious things.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
storafötter said:
I was thinking of that too, however it be useless if I fought Special Attackers.
Does anyone have any Musharma tactics?

I was thinking of training one with Calm Nature with the moves Barrier, Moonlight, Toxic/Thunder Wave, Psychic.
I get the impression people like using Sleep Talk/Baton Pass with him, but I want to have a move-set that makes him incredibly defensive.

Would Trick Room work with your team? Musharna is pretty limited movepool wise, but it can setup Trick Room decently because of its bulk. Once Dream World is out, its Telepathy ability will help it a bit in doubles battles. Trick Room / Yawn / Psychic / Light Screen (or Reflect). You could add another attack for coverage. Shadow Ball covers other Psychic Pokemon, but still leaves you open to Dark types. Energy Ball might seem like it gives you some decent coverage, hitting Tyranitar and Jellicent, but it'll hardly dent them.

Musharna is a pretty cool looking Pokemon, and I hope it receives a load of new moves with tutors in the upcoming 3rd title/3rd generation remakes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anime wise, Oshawott is probably the cutest IMO, just the way he acts. It's like they took Piplup but made him funnier.

Boogiepop

Virizion seems to have forgotten it's paralyzed. It's been like 15 turns, and it hasn't once failed to move :|
Also, should I be Dusk balling or Ultra balling this guy? The setting looks questionable as to whether or not it counts...

RagnarokX

Devin Olsen said:
Ah right on.

Thanks for the info!
You better go catch a litwick with flame body and put it in your party with the egg cuz those suckers take forever to hatch. Flame body greatly decreases the amount of steps you need to take for an egg to hatch. I suggest putting the egg and an litwick in your party and then riding up and down the skyarrow bridge until it hatches.

Wiseblade

Mank said:
Virizion seems to have forgotten it's paralyzed. It's been like 15 turns, and it hasn't once failed to move :|
Also, should I be Dusk balling or Ultra balling this guy? The setting looks questionable as to whether or not it counts...
At this point, timer balls would be best.

Zomba13

Mank said:
I used a nest ball (or whatever the one for catching under lvl 20 pokés is)
The fighting pony trio are easy to catch so I used balls that match what they look like. Quick for the blue one, nest for the green one and timer for the other one (because It matched the closest out of what I had)

RagnarokX said:
You better go catch a litwick with flame body and put it in your party with the egg cuz those suckers take forever to hatch. Flame body greatly decreases the amount of steps you need to take for an egg to hatch. I suggest putting the egg and an litwick in your party and then riding up and down the skyarrow bridge until it hatches.

Or a Magcargo. I loved the long area in D/P near Solaceon leveling up the eggs.

Anyway I got my Eelektross, I checked on my Japanese White and had 2 Thunderstones. Also went and caught Volcarona.

EvilMario said:
Would Trick Room work with your team? Musharna is pretty limited movepool wise, but it can setup Trick Room decently because of its bulk. Once Dream World is out, its Telepathy ability will help it a bit in doubles battles. Trick Room / Yawn / Psychic / Light Screen (or Reflect). You could add another attack for coverage. Shadow Ball covers other Psychic Pokemon, but still leaves you open to Dark types. Energy Ball might seem like it gives you some decent coverage, hitting Tyranitar and Jellicent, but it'll hardly dent them.

Musharna is a pretty cool looking Pokemon, and I hope it receives a load of new moves with tutors in the upcoming 3rd title/3rd generation remakes.

Was considering Trick Room. So Reflect would cover any weakness in my defence? I have actually never used it in a team before.
I am not too keen on using Energy Ball as I already have a Grass type of pokemon in my team.

I just noticed Candelure is very interesting. As I will be in need for a fire pokemon in the team. It is nice that he has alright spd, amazing sp.Attack and can learn Solarbeam with Sunny Day (to counter water pokemons).

Firestorm

MidnightScott said:

Anyway I got my Eelektross, I checked on my Japanese White and had 2 Thunderstones. Also went and caught Volcarona.
do, do, do do do dooo, do, do do do doo...

Route 209 forever etched in my mind... then they even made it a song in Brawl >_<

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
storafötter said:
Was considering Trick Room. So Reflect would cover any weakness in my defence? I have actually never used it in a team before.
I am not too keen on using Energy Ball as I already have a Grass type of pokemon in my team.

I just noticed Candelure is very interesting. As I will be in need for a fire pokemon in the team. It is nice that he has alright spd, amazing sp.Attack and can learn Solarbeam with Sunny Day (to counter water pokemons).

Well, Reflect covers what Psychic types fear the most: Pursuit. It really depends on your team though. Is the Pokemon you're switching to going to benefit more from having Reflect, or Light Screen? Really, you could setup dual screens (running Reflect & Light Screen) and drop Trick Room. Then something like Haxorus can then setup pretty easily behind the screens.

RagnarokX

MidnightScott said:
Magcargos and camerupts aren't in black and white... this is the first game he's seriously played since RBY. It'd be a lot easier to just go catch a litwick than for him to go back and play SS and catch a flame body/magma armor pokemon to transfer over.

It's kinda lame you have to go out of your way for a good egg hatching route in this game, but it's a REALLY good route. Just have to press up and down, no other buttons. And it's super long.

RagnarokX said:
Oh my shit, the egg hatches faster if I have a litwick... I presume this is because of the warmth of the flame?

Fucking phenomenal, lol. This game impresses me the more I learn about it.

Wiseblade

RagnarokX said:
Magcargos and camerupts aren't in black and white... this is the first game he's seriously played since RBY. It'd be a lot easier to just go catch a litwick than for him to go back and play SS and catch a flame body/magma armor pokemon to transfer over.

It's kinda lame you have to go out of your way for a good egg hatching route in this game, but it's a REALLY good route. Just have to press up and down, no other buttons. And it's super long.

I just hatch eggs on Route 3. That stretch just below the day care is plenty long enough for me and the Day care man shuts for you whenever he has a new egg.

Breeding in this game is SO ESEY.

Firestorm said:
do, do, do do do dooo, do, do do do doo...

Route 209 forever etched in my mind... then they even made it a song in Brawl >_<
For me, it was this song, plus the first few notes of Solaceon Town, then the first few notes of Rt. 210, then back to Solaceon, then back to 209, then back to Solaceon, to 210, to Solaceon, etc...

In other news, I'm thinking of catching 20 differently natured Synchronize Munna. Primarily because my other DS broke and I can't transfer my collection of Ditto :(

RagnarokX

Devin Olsen said:
Oh my shit, the egg hatches faster if I have a litwick... I presume this is because of the warmth of the flame?

Fucking phenomenal, lol. This game impresses me the more I learn about it.
It's been around since abilities were introduced in Gen III (starting with emerald). It has to be a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor (magmar line, magcargo line, camerupt, chandelure line, volcarona line). The only one you have access to right now unless you go back and play Soul Silver is litwick. It cuts the number of steps required in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom