• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

TwinIonEngines said:
This sucks - my Amulet Coin disappeared. I checked all my box pokes, etc. It's not replaceable, right?
This is why I'm sorta iffy on putting hold items on pokemon for in game battling. If you get in a wild battle and a pokemon uses knock off or trick or something you lose your hold item forever. Save often and tread carefully. At least this isn't the case for trainer battles anymore.

So despite Soul Silver being possibly my favorite pokemon game of all time, my interest in pokemon sort of fizzled out after doing some post-elite four grinding and a couple other things in the game. I've got a team of mostly 70-75 in it, but I haven't really done anything with them, like catch Groudon, Mewtwo, beat Red, second elite four, etc.

Anywhere I can find a clear and concise list of everything I should accomplish in SS before moving several Pokemon over to White?

So since there are no launch games for the 3DS I'm really interested in I caved in and bought my first Pokemon game (at the age of 35 no less). Since I'm a racist I went with white. I'm digging it so far (playing on my trusty old phat for the time being), has an old school charm to it and some of these buggers are quite cute. Seems to be a time sink though, wonder if I'll ever finish it.

btkadams

RagnarokX said:
This is why I'm sorta iffy on putting hold items on pokemon for in game battling. If you get in a wild battle and a pokemon uses knock off or trick or something you lose your hold item forever. Save often and tread carefully. At least this isn't the case for trainer battles anymore.
what??? i don't remember ever losing an item that was temporarily knocked off. at least in gen 4 i had my dragonite's quick claw knocked off a million times in random encounters and it was never lost.

jman2050

RagnarokX said:

Um, pretty sure that's completely untrue.

RagnarokX

btkadams said:
what??? i don't remember ever losing an item that was temporarily knocked off. at least in gen 4 i had my dragonite's quick claw knocked off a million times in random encounters and it was never lost.
I lost a focus sash or something in Diamond. Dunno where it went. Only explanation I could reach was it got stolen or knocked off in a random encounter while EV training.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
RagnarokX said:

Knock Off or Swipe or whatever no longer have any permanent repercussions in trainer battles or wild battles in Black/White. This also means you can't get your rival's Leftovers, for instance.

Boogiepop

RagnarokX said:
I lost a focus sash or something in Diamond. Dunno where it went. Only explanation I could reach was it got stolen or knocked off in a random encounter while EV training.
Focus sash uses itself up IIRC.

RagnarokX

Andrex said:
Knock Off or Swipe or whatever no longer have any permanent repercussions in trainer battles or wild battles in Black/White. This also means you can't get your rival's Leftovers, for instance.
Diamond isn't Black/White. And I could swear the NPC that tells you that says trainer battles but not wild battles.
Mank said:
Focus sash uses itself up IIRC.
That could be it.

finalozzo said:
yeah, and this too.

lol.
I'd love to use this guy, but I can't think of any good use for him. They need to make Poison Pokemon better.

D-Pad

Anyone willing to trade me a Cyndaquil and a Chikorita? I'm offering an adamant natured Totodile in exchange for each. Preferably from two different traders.

r4z4

Ugh really annoying how in GTS you can only ask for Pokemon that you've seen in B/W =/ What's the reasoning behind it?

Busaiku

Alright, I've come to an acceptable Cottonee.
28/29 Def, 26/27 S.Def, and 31 Speed.

Not too bad.
I do have a couple eggs left that I hope are better though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
r4z4 said:
Ugh really annoying how in GTS you can only ask for Pokemon that you've seen in B/W =/ What's the reasoning behind it?

It could possibly spoil you on a Pokemon you don't know about.

Dunno why the fuss, you can see practically all the Unova Pokemon just by battling the in-game trainers.

holy crap.

i got a lugia, a ho-oh, a treeko, a squirtle, a female bulbasaur, a mudkip, a cyndaquil, and a totodile from trading tepig, snivy, and archens i just hatched.

GTS negotiations is amazing.

Raxus

D-Pad said:
Anyone willing to trade me a Cyndaquil and a Chikorita? I'm offering an adamant natured Totodile in exchange for each. Preferably from two different traders.
I am looking for starters as well. So far I have all the Gen V, Sceptile, Squirtle, and Charmander. If anyone wants to trade I can start breeding right away.

Chet Rippo said:
I'd love to use this guy, but I can't think of any good use for him. They need to make Poison Pokemon better.

poison is by far the weirdest type it's weaknesses make no sense and it is only effective against one type .

Raxus

dangerbyrnes said:
holy crap.

i got a lugia, a ho-oh, a treeko, a squirtle, a female bulbasaur, a mudkip, a cyndaquil, and a totodile from trading tepig, snivy, and archens i just hatched.

GTS negotiations is amazing.
Mind if we trade back and forth real fast? I just want to add them into my pokedex so I can get them via GTS. Negotiations is annoying as hell.

r4z4

Andrex said:
It could possibly spoil you on a Pokemon you don't know about.

Dunno why the fuss, you can see practically all the Unova Pokemon just by battling the in-game trainers.

It's more of a problem when wanting to trade for other gen Pokemon, like starters etc...

Edit: ^ Might have to try negotiations instead!

D-Pad

Raxus said:
I am looking for starters as well. So far I have all the Gen V, Sceptile, Squirtle, and Charmander. If anyone wants to trade I can start breeding right away.

I can trade you a Totodile... Dunno what natures the next hatched ones will be but...

Edit - Oh! Squirtle! I'll trade you a Totodile for one.

Raxus said:
Mind if we trade back and forth real fast? I just want to add them into my pokedex so I can get them via GTS. Negotiations is annoying as hell.

sure I'd be willing. I'll be in the wifi room in a sec.

i'm on the list

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
r4z4 said:
It's more of a problem when wanting to trade for other gen Pokemon, like starters etc...

Edit: ^ Might have to try negotiations instead!

Well they also don't want you using those ones before you beat the game. :p

Raxus

D-Pad said:
I can trade you a Totodile... Dunno what natures the next hatched ones will be but...
I can catch dittos until the cows come home and get the nature I want. I just need to have the guy in my dex so I can search for a female.

Boogiepop

Raxus said:
I can catch dittos until the cows come home and get the nature I want. I just need to have the guy in my dex so I can search for a female.
I'd help you out dex-wise, but based on last night I'm not so sure we can connect. If you wanna try again in a few hours, I can bring along most anything gen I-IV (not 100%, but I definitely have at least most things sitting around) in addition to Thundurus... I really need a Tornadus, so seeing one would at least help. Still, gotta head out shortly and I'll probably be tied up for 3-5 hours.

Raxus

Mank said:
I'd help you out dex-wise, but based on last night I'm not so sure we can connect. If you wanna try again in a few hours, I can bring along most anything gen I-IV (not 100%, but I definitely have at least most things sitting around) in addition to Thundurus... I really need a Tornadus, so seeing one would at least help. Still, gotta head out shortly and I'll probably be tied up for 3-5 hours.
Hell I would even let you have my spare Tornadus if it meant I could catch Landorus. I just can't search up Thundurus and it is frustrating not being able to search for either via GTS.

D-Pad

Raxus said:

I just hatched three more adamants anyway! Don't know if you caught my edit, but I'd like a Squirtle if it's not too much trouble.

Raxus

D-Pad said:
I just hatched three more adamants anyway! Don't know if you caught my edit, but I'd like a Squirtle if it's not too much trouble.
Gotta gimme a little time to breed one.

That is if my DS decides to cooperate and actually give me a chance to trade with someone.

I really hate the Wi-fi room.

r4z4

:O GTS Negotiations is amazing. In the space of 5 mins I have a Mespirit, Azelf, Turtwig, Snivy, Chimcharr and Cyndaquil, all for Squirtles and Eeevees I've breeded.

Harpuia

Man. You guys have all the luck with negotiations. My attempts have been filled with me showing 3 legendaries in hopes of them showing their own legends. But all I get in return is some run-of-the-mill pokemon.

Wiseblade said:
GTS negotiations are stupid.

This. Either someone has *everything* or *nothing*. I offer legends, charmanders, eevees... nobody wants any of it. And they don't have any of the 100-or-so I still need. You should able able to specify a type at least, if not specific pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom