• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
survivor said:
I wanna go to YGO island

Lawl when I was a kid I imagined an island (well planet really) where all the Yu-gi-oh monsters were real. And I was, like, the king.
Cool01.gif

Wiseblade

Random matchup is really fun. It's sad that there's no 6v6 option, bgut 3v3 is way more fun that I though it'd be. It gives you tons of flexibility in your teambuilding. You could totally pick one core pokemon and five support critters that work well with it, but they don't all have to work well with each other. Now all those weird pokemon who filled one really obscure niche or did nothing but counter one particular pokemon have a chance to shine. The only problem is that there's nothing stopping people from ragequitting.

beje

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Random matchup is really fun. It's sad that there's no 6v6 option, bgut 3v3 is way more fun that I though it'd be. It gives you tons of flexibility in your teambuilding. You could totally pick one core pokemon and five support critters that work well with it, but they don't all have to work well with each other. Now all those weird pokemon who filled one really obscure niche or did nothing but counter one particular pokemon have a chance to shine. The only problem is that there's nothing stopping people from ragequitting.

If only they did things right, they would have implemented some kind of penalty system. Perfect one would be having the person with more reputation chosing if they want to really battle the one with less reputation. That way, legit people can refuse playing against potential rage-quitters.

The number of blue "lost communication" screens I've seen on random matchup is unreal. Funny how it only happens when I'm about to make my winning attack...

Wiseblade said:
[...]The only problem is that there's nothing stopping people from ragequitting.
I wonder what impact ragequitting might have on Ranked Matches?

Maybe, at the very least, no one would gain or lose rank, and the DC would be marked on your record. Maybe.

Wiseblade

beje said:
If only they did things right, they would have implemented some kind of penalty system. Perfect one would be having the person with more reputation chosing if they want to really battle the one with less reputation. That way, legit people can refuse playing against potential rage-quitters.
WAY too exploitabl.e I'd just use it to filter out anyone I've ever lost to.

What nintendo needs to do is implement a "ragequitter's hell" similar to Marvel VS Capcom 3.
People with a disconnect ratio of 30% or higher only get paired up with each other.

But ranked mode is supposed to have a point system where disconnecter lose more points than if they'd taken the defeat, so I'll wager all the no-pointers moved their way to free mode over the past six months. When Global Battle Union opens at the end of the month and we get ranked access, things might just improve.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Wasn't the working title of Pokemon Capsule Monster?

Yeah.

But Japan loves capsules so it's no surprise the idea pops up a lot. Like Capsule Corp from DBZ.

Murkas

Are the EV reducing berries also a pain to get in this?

Also in regards to people looking for old starters, I have all Gen 1-4 starters but the thing is it's on my HeartGold and I heard you can't go online with it on my DSi because of the security issues. Has anyone actually tried it to see if it works?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Murkas said:

Yes. Berries are for the most part Dream World-only. Hopefully they're easy to get in the Dream World, but I don't know right now.

Murkas said:
Also in regards to people looking for old starters, I have all Gen 1-4 starters but the thing is it's on my HeartGold and I heard you can't go online with it on my DSi because of the security issues. Has anyone actually tried it to see if it works?

Eh? If you have a WEP (or unrestricted) Wi-Fi access point, you can get online with HeartGold just fine.

Wiseblade

Murkas said:

They're impossible to get in this. along with almost every other kind of berry.

For the time being. When Dream World opens at the end of the month, we'll be able to grow them on the Pokémon website.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Code:
Gravijah	643
Andrex		416
Izayoi		377
Suairyu		330
Roto13		330
MatthewB92	313
Wiseblade	279
D-Pad		276
Teknoman	232
Damn Gravijah.

Murkas

Andrex said:
Yes. Berries are for the most part Dream World-only. Hopefully they're easy to get in the Dream World, but I don't know right now.

Eh? If you have a WEP (or unrestricted) Wi-Fi access point, you can get online with HeartGold just fine.

I should have mentioned I use WPA security. Black/White can trade with previous DS games just fine as long as no Gen 5 Pokemon are involved right? Or has that changed?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Murkas said:
I should have mentioned I use WPA security. Black/White can trade with previous DS games just fine as long as no Gen 5 Pokemon are involved right? Or has that changed?

No, you can't trade between generations unfortunately. You have to use the Poke Transfer.

Murkas

Andrex said:
No, you can't trade between generations unfortunately. You have to use the Poke Transfer.

Damn, looks like I can't give you guys the starters until I finish White and transfer them over :(

beje

Banned
I have a couple of boxes full of Archen after I finished chain-breeding one for myself. Half of them are jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Attack). I'll take anything (but derps) for them so, anybody want?

Zertez

Anyone have a female Squirtle or Turtwig for trade? I would be willing to send back a female once I have bred them for a little bit. I have some lvl 1 male Charmanders, all Gen V starters, and most things in White for trade minus Legendaries. I am also willing to trade some items like HP and PP Up etc. FC is 4813 6451 3885

Wiseblade

beje said:
I have a couple of boxes full of Archen after I finished chain-breeding one for myself. Half of them are jolly (+Speed, -Sp.Attack). I'll take anything (but derps) for them so, anybody want?
Anything you're after in particular?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
beje said:

Any inkling what the IVs could be? What move did you chain breed for, and is it on any of them?

Gravijah said:
Shh. You're catching up!

I blame my helpful nature. :(

Just call a mod an idiot and get banned for a few weeks. :D :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Gravijah said:
I blame my helpful nature. :(

And helpful you are, thanks for the Zorua!

Now I am one Pokemon closer to...completing my Unova Dex...

>_>

Kintaco said:
I got a Zorua is you still want one.

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up getting one from Grav.

Now I'm going to start breeding my Zorua, once I catch a Ditto.

btkadams

beje said:
what is a derp? i'd like one but i'm afraid of what a derp is.

Delio

beje said:

Oh man i'd love one of those but i'm afraid i dont have anything great bred yet.

beje

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Anything you're after in particular?

Anything uncommon will actually do. I'm especially after White exclusives.

Andrex said:
Any inkling what the IVs could be? What move did you chain breed for, and is it on any of them?

A lot of them have perfect or almost perfect Attack or Speed. Defenses are a little iffy in some of them though. I didn't go for any move in particular so only regular stuff in that regard.

btkadams said:
what is a derp? i'd like one but i'm afraid of what a derp is.

"Derp" is pokémon slang for useless and way too common stuff, especially in the starting areas.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firehead said:
Is that a baby Lapras at the bottom? o_O

It's the blue Shellos (west? side of Sinnoh form.)

Edit- beje I can give you a Magmortar or Electivire for it, but I need to transfer it over. <3

beje

Banned
Andrex said:
It's the blue Shellos (west? side of Sinnoh form.)

Edit- beje I can give you a Magmortar or Electivire for it, but I need to transfer it over. <3

OK, send me a PM when you're ready (this goes for everybody else too) so we don't spam the thread.

Erm, best main quest EVER?!?! Ghetsis can suck a Gyrados dick though. Actually, 3 dicks, one for each of those fucking assholes Hydreigon heads. GAH

But yeah, best game ever. I want a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom