• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kintaco said:
What does the PKRS next to the Nature stat mean?

Doubles the EVs given in-game. It's spreadable when it's like that, but come midnight it won't be able to spread it anymore unless it's in the PC box or at a daycare. Pokerus is very helpful for EV training.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
Code:
Gravijah	643
Andrex		416
Izayoi		377
Suairyu		330
Roto13		330
MatthewB92	313
Wiseblade	279
D-Pad		276
Teknoman	232
Damn Gravijah.
Aww yeah.

Wait, how do you count that stuff anyway?

Kintaco said:
What does the PKRS next to the Nature stat mean?
You got lucky.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:
i means your pokemon are infected and are gonna die :O
actually they get thier EVs doubled

Seriously in-game they make it sound like a bad thing almost. "Oh no, your Pokemon is infected with a mysterious virus!"

btkadams

Green Scar said:
Erm, best main quest EVER?!?! Ghetsis can suck a Gyrados dick though. Actually, 3 dicks, one for each of those fucking assholes Hydreigon heads. GAH

But yeah, best game ever. I want a sequel.
it's definitely now my favourite gen. i really thought heartgold/soulsilver perfected the series but this gen made me a believer in game freak again. i almost feel like the next gen should be like the gold/silver to red/blue because i love this map and the pokemon.

Kintaco

Andrex said:
Doubles the EVs given in-game. It's spreadable when it's like that, but come midnight it won't be able to spread it anymore unless it's in the PC box or at a daycare. Pokerus is very helpful for EV training.
So do I want them in my PC box come midnight?

Teknoman

Kintaco said:
So do I want them in my PC box come midnight?

Put it in the box, and then just take it out periodically to spread it to other Pokemon so you always have a source for infection.

In short, Infect the pokemon you want to EV train and then store others so you have a virus source for later.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
btkadams said:
it's definitely now my favourite gen. i really thought heartgold/soulsilver perfected the series but this gen made me a believer in game freak again. i almost feel like the next gen should be like the gold/silver to red/blue because i love this map and the pokemon.

I feel 100% the same way. I truly thought HeartGold/SoulSilver would be the epitome of the series and that they wouldn't be able to substantially improve further, but... I was wrong. HG/SS were truly fantastic, and in a way, a perfect send-off to the "old mold" of the series. But now there's so much new in Black/White, it feels like they've only barely tapped the potential of the new mechanics, Unova, and the storyline they've introduced.

Kintaco

beje said:
At least one of them, so you can infect other pokémon you're going to train then put it back in the box right away.

Teknoman said:
Put it in the box, and then just take it out periodically to spread it to other Pokemon so you always have a source for infection.

In short, Infect the pokemon you want to EV train and then store others so you have a virus source for later.

Ahh Ok gotcha, I actually have quite a few infected Pokemon in my box already then.

Izayoi

Banned
btkadams said:
As awesome as HeartGold/SoulSilver were they still had a ton of the flaws that were present in the original games. Pitiful variety of wild Pokemon, atrocious level scaling, and an empty, tacked-on post-game that left a lot to be desired.

TheOGB

Banned
NeoForte said:
That was cool, here's a full sheet though:

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4744/1300567457825.png[img]

This is so awesome :D[/QUOTE]
holy shit Sentret
nightmare Steelix D:
LOL Qwilfish
Derp Slugma
HURPADERP DELIBIRD LOL
lolwat Tyrogue
upside-down Skitty wut
ROFL MEDITITE AND MEDICHAM
MS Paint Carvanha
OHSHIT HUNTAIL
OH GOD HIPPODOWN AND CARNIVINE
MS Paint Victini
oh my goodness what is that thing at the end

[QUOTE=Forkball]I'm not sure, but I think I just had sex with a clerk on the ferris wheel.[/QUOTE]
...*goes back to Nimbasa City*

beje

Banned
The Archen are still up for grabs. Anything but common stuff especialy White exclusive will do, really. PM me so we don't clutter the thread.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
I feel 100% the same way. I truly thought HeartGold/SoulSilver would be the epitome of the series and that they wouldn't be able to substantially improve further, but... I was wrong. HG/SS were truly fantastic, and in a way, a perfect send-off to the "old mold" of the series. But now there's so much new in Black/White, it feels like they've only barely tapped the potential of the new mechanics, Unova, and the storyline they've introduced.
Yup. Grey is going to be fantastic. Every single third version has been getting progressively more and more advanced with the changes it makes to the story, and with the huge shift of the main pair in Black and White I can only imagine what they have in store for Grey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Yup. Grey is going to be fantastic. Every single third version has been getting progressively more and more advanced with the changes it makes to the story, and with the huge shift of the main pair in Black and White I can only imagine what they have in store for Grey.

I'm imagining
a team-up with N to take down Ghetsis, who has aquired Kyurem and has made most of Unova black and white by sucking out the energy. :eek:
*fangasm*

I have to ask why people go for lowering Archens Sp.Attack? Personally I think it is useful to use some of that stat, with moves such as Earth Power/Dragon Pulse. Most Rock/Ground Pokemons or sturdy ones have higher defense than special defense. So I see it as a useful stat to exploit those heavy attackers. I get that it is important for sweepers to take advantage of their specific strength, but since he has decent Sp. Attack I don't think it should be fully abandoned even if most moves will be physical.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
storafötter said:
I have to ask why people go for lowering Archens Sp.Attack? Personally I think it is useful to use some of that stat, like with Earth Power/Dragon Pulse. Most Rock/Ground Pokemons or sturdy ones have higher defense than special defense. So I see it as a useful place to exploit to those heavy attackers.

Usually it's best to focus exclusively on a Pokemon's strongest aspect in order to maximize its potential. And for Archen especially, Acrobatics is borderline broken so it's important to capitalize on that.

Andrex said:
Usually it's best to focus exclusively on a Pokemon's strongest aspect in order to maximize its potential. And for Archen especially, Acrobatics is borderline broken so it's important to capitalize on that.

Thats true (gotta love Acrobatics!), but if someone use another type of moveset for Archen it could prove useful in a competitive play where every one of his moves/stats are predicted ;).

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
I'm imagining
a team-up with N to take down Ghetsis, who has aquired Kyurem and has made most of Unova black and white by sucking out the energy. :eek:
*fangasm*
That would be so awesome. The black and white effect is really cool.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
storafötter said:
Thats true (gotta love Acrobatics!), but if someone use another type of moveset for Archen it could prove useful in a competitive play where every one of his moves/stats are predicted ;).

True. And Archeops can go mixed so anything is possible. Usually though, there are very few options when trying to maximize a Pokemon's competitive potential.

Balb

btkadams said:

I started a new file of Fire Red a few days ago and I still feel like FR/LG are the best entries in the series. There are a few overly drawn out sequences where it panders to new players but other than that, it just feels so pure to me. I also appreciate the fact that whenever you walk out of a gym, there isn't someone with an exclamation point over their head, immediately approaching you and telling you where to go. I think that happens for 7 out of 8 gyms in B/W, and the ratio isn't much different in HGSS.

Izayoi

Banned
storafötter said:
No, Archen one of the highest physical attack stats in the game. Trying to capitalize on that should be your main concern. He has a relatively small and unexciting special attack movepool.

Woffls

DoomXploder7 said:
i means your pokemon are infected and are gonna die :O
actually they get thier EVs doubled
lolwat? I got this right at the start of the game on 3 of my Pokémon.
Un
fortunately it's only infected Patrat, Purrloin and Audino
:(

The Lamp

Izayoi said:

I'm not buying Grey unless they let my damn Pokemans follow me again. I'm writhing on the inside for not being able to take Cofagricus around with me ("Oh, what did you say? You said you're not giving me a refund? Are you sure about that? MY POKEMON WILL EAT YOU")

Nintendo you cut me deep by taking that away. It's like you let me pick out a puppy and take it everywhere, only a year later to tell me that you hate puppies and that I need to keep it tied under the porch all day. 8(

upandaway

ARGH I'm not finding any new candidates for my team!

Everyone are either Pokemon I've already used, slow Pokemon (2 of the 4 I have are base 30 stuff, I don't want more), sharing a type with my team, or I don't want anything to do with them.

I better come out with a full team before the E4, GameFreak. I fucking better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man it's so nice being able to travel around without having to have the Dousing Machine on.

Zomba13

The Lamp said:
I'm not buying Grey unless they let my damn Pokemans follow me again. I'm writhing on the inside for not being able to take Cofagricus around with me ("Oh, what did you say? You said you're not giving me a refund? Are you sure about that? MY POKEMON WILL EAT YOU")

Nintendo you cut me deep by taking that away. It's like you let me pick out a puppy and take it everywhere, only a year later to tell me that you hate puppies and that I need to keep it tied under the porch all day. 8(
lol. Pretty much how I feel about no following pokemon. Sad thing is, they've apparently got all those sprites in the game for the Entralink or Dreamworld place.

Forkball

Anyone else really dig Joltik? I was so tired of Blitzle not learning any cool moves and dying so quickly, so I switched him out as soon as I got a Joltik. Bug/Electric is a pretty good type combo since that eliminates the Flying weakness. He is extremely useful for Mistralton City since he can take out that Psychic tower with Bug moves and the gym with Electric moves. Electro Web is also good since it lowers the speed of your opponent, so even if Joltik is underleveled he can still take down Pokemon stronger than him with repeated Electo Webs.

I have to say, this generation is probably the best when it comes to actually useful Pokemon. I've managed to make a pretty cool team with just the Pokemon I've stumbled across.

A lot of people are saying this is the best gen ever, but I'm not sure if I can make that claim yet. For one, I'm a bit disappointed with the overworld. I just got the sixth badge and the locals are rather bland and small. Sinnoh was far more diverse. The cities are definitely much improved, but I can't say that about the rest of the map right now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Wow, NICE to the long stretch of open road right outside the Daycare.

They definitely knew what they were doing when it came to designing the Day Care area in this game, and the upgrade to the Day Care Man calling you over.

jman2050

Andrex said:
Wow, NICE to the long stretch of open road right outside the Daycare.

Even NICEr to the fact that the daycare dude actually calls out to you when there's an egg in waiting when you pass by.

Ondore

The Lamp said:
I'm not buying Grey unless they let my damn Pokemans follow me again. I'm writhing on the inside for not being able to take Cofagricus around with me ("Oh, what did you say? You said you're not giving me a refund? Are you sure about that? MY POKEMON WILL EAT YOU")(

When I throw down a Poke Ball, I expect a motherfucker to come out. You dig?
Seriously, I must be the only person who wore out the bicycle in HG/SS because it put the Pokemon back in the Poke Ball.

Forkball said:
Anyone else really dig Joltik? I was so tired of Blitzle not learning any cool moves and dying so quickly, so I switched him out as soon as I got a Joltik. Bug/Electric is a pretty good type combo since that eliminates the Flying weakness. He is extremely useful for Mistralton City since he can take out that Psychic tower with Bug moves and the gym with Electric moves. Electro Web is also good since it lowers the speed of your opponent, so even if Joltik is underleveled he can still take down Pokemon stronger than him with repeated Electo Webs.

Joltik/Galvantula is probably my favourite new Pokemon this gen. Joltik brings the cuteness, and Galvantula brings the pain. Especially when the good ones telegraph themselves by not having an ability flash.

Wiseblade

Forkball said:

I have to say, this generation is probably the best when it comes to actually useful Pokemon. I've managed to make a pretty cool team with just the Pokemon I've stumbled across.

A lot of people are saying this is the best gen ever, but I'm not sure if I can make that claim yet. For one, I'm a bit disappointed with the overworld. I just got the sixth badge and the locals are rather bland and small. Sinnoh was far more diverse. The cities are definitely much improved, but I can't say that about the rest of the map right now.
I felt the overworld was small too, but after the Elite 4 I went back to a lot of places and realised that almost every route was twice as big as I thought it was.

Gravijah

DoomXploder7 said:
the real question is will Grey be a DS game or a 3DS game, if it's the latter i can see a jillion things added and revamped in it.

It's going to be on the 3DS. The 3DS will be at least a year and half old by the time Grey comes out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
They definitely knew what they were doing when it came to designing the Day Care area in this game, and the upgrade to the Day Care Man calling you over.

Yeah. This is a lot better than breeding in the Gen 4 games already.

Gravijah said:
It's going to be on the 3DS. The 3DS will be at least a year and half old by the time Grey comes out.

I think it'll most likely be a DS game with 3DS enhancements. The Ruby/Sapphire remakes are anyone's guess, though.

upandaway

Gravijah said:
Yeah, it's gonna support the 3DS 3D screen thingy.

That's about the most they'll do for the graphics, though.

The Lamp

DoomXploder7 said:
the real question is will Grey be a DS game or a 3DS game, if it's the latter i can see a jillion things added and revamped in it.

Half of me wants to say that would never happen because Nintendo likes formula and methodical revisions.

The other half wants me to say that the DS will be way too old, and the 3DS will be way too hot, for Nintendo to want to spend more time on Pokemon for the DS. They can use a 3DS sequel as an excuse to get people to buy Pokemon again, along with new features, etc.

2013 better see me some RoyalRuby and ShiningSapphire or something, though. I'm itching to replay them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just realized that it may be possible that we're gonna get the Diamond/Pearl remakes on 3DS... wow.

The Lamp

Ondore said:
When I throw down a Poke Ball, I expect a motherfucker to come out. You dig?
Seriously, I must be the only person who wore out the bicycle in HG/SS because it put the Pokemon back in the Poke Ball.

While you fuss and shuffle around looking for your Pokeball, my Cofagricus will have already eaten you.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
I just realized that it may be possible that we're gonna get the Diamond/Pearl remakes on 3DS... wow.

I'm expecting (going by USA time here so it's a bit less confusing)

Grey (2 years from now, 3DS) -> RSE Remakes (1 year after Grey) -> Gen VI ( 1-2 years after RSE remakes) -> Gen VI 3rd ( 2 years after Gen VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom