• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrex said:
I just realized that it may be possible that we're gonna get the Diamond/Pearl remakes on 3DS... wow.

these remakes make me feel so odd and old , part of me says didnt i just play this gen years ago, then I look at the calendar and I see that I played it like 10 years ago :|.

KingK

I can't wait for Gen III remakes. Hoen is still my favorite region and I was getting all nostalgic the other day watching one of my friends play Sapphire for the first time.

Also, apparently it was 8 years ago today that Ruby/Sapphire released in NA! wow.

Woffls

Reaallyyy? I'm playing through Emerald for the first time and I really don't like it =\ Too much water, and the overworld doesn't make much sense. I really like what White did. It made the main part of the game circular so that you knew exactly which direction to go in.

Dartastic

Yo, in the dragon tower beasting on these whatever the fuck bullshit lame ass wanna be team rocket fools with MiniPete. YO MINIPETE. YOU'RE DOPE AS FUCK.

Zomba13

I predict grey being for the 3DS and being enhanced, but just with 3D (not fancy new graphics). I see Ru/Sa remakes coming out after the 3DS exclusive pokémon gen, using the same engine.

BJK

So, did I miss something, or did I jump from beating the E4 (with opponent levels in the mid 50s) to fighting trainers with Lv. 65 PkMn on the new paths that opened up?

Liked the changes they did to the story thusfar this gen, and I'll also say that having to work with all new Pokemon made me think about what I was doing, instead of just going with a few familiar favorites from previous generations. I'm just running around doing things I might have missed, in order to level my guys up more.

My E4 killers: Oshawatt, Beartic, Lampent (only one I EV-trained for SpecAtt - the tower where you find him is amazing for this!), Leavanny, Beheeyem, & Golurk (my de-facto HM slave, carrying fly and strength)...all in the Lv. 47-50 range, with Oshawatt the exception at 56.

Love that I caught the one shiny that I've seen thusfar, and that it seems to have decent IVs. Hate that I don't know anyone with the game, so I'll have to really trust someone to send back my shiny Boldore in order to evolve it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMG Aero said:
What makes you say that? I don't think that is possible at all.

R/S remakes = possibly last DS-compatible games or the first 3DS-exclusive games
Gen 6 = 3DS
Gen 6.5 = 3DS
D/P remakes = possibly last 3DS compatible games, but enhanced for Nintendo's next handheld

Gravijah

BJK said:
So, did I miss something, or did I jump from beating the E4 (with opponent levels in the mid 50s) to fighting trainers with Lv. 65 PkMn on the new paths that opened up?

Liked the changes they did to the story thusfar this gen, and I'll also say that having to work with all new Pokemon made me think about what I was doing, instead of just going with a few familiar favorites from previous generations. I'm just running around doing things I might have missed, in order to level my guys up more.

My E4 killers: Oshawatt, Beartic, Lampent (only one I EV-trained for SpecAtt - the tower where you find him is amazing for this!), Leavanny, Beheeyem, & Golurk (my de-facto HM slave, carrying fly and strength)...all in the Lv. 47-50 range, with Oshawatt the exception at 56.

Love that I caught the one shiny that I've seen thusfar, and that it seems to have decent IVs. Hate that I don't know anyone with the game, so I'll have to really trust someone to send back my shiny Boldore in order to evolve it.

None of the big name posters here are gonna steal it if you ever want it evolved. :p

Andrex said:
R/S remakes = possibly last DS-compatible games or the first 3DS-exclusive games
Gen 6 = 3DS
Gen 6.5 = 3DS
D/P remakes = possibly last 3DS compatible games, but enhanced for Nintendo's next handheld

RSE remakes will NOT be on the DS.

Wiseblade

Woffls said:
Reaallyyy? I'm playing through Emerald for the first time and I really don't like it =\ Too much water, and the overworld doesn't make much sense. I really like what White did. It made the main part of the game circular so that you knew exactly which direction to go in.
That's because you have no sense of...

ADVENTURE!

Dartastic

Just finished that Dragon Tower or whatever. Now apparently I'm supposed to go to the Desert Resort off Route 4? Yeah? Or is there somewhere else I should go to jump straight to the 8th badge? I need a Pokemon with Fly also... might teach Druddigon it. He's cool.

Edit - WAT. HE'S A DRAGON. I CAN'T TEACH HIM TO FLY? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

BJK said:
Has there ever been a case of a GAF member stealing Pokemon or doing some other nefarious deed?

(General question, not directed just at you.)

Leveling up Pawniard & Klink...so tiresome even with Lucky Eggs. I put a Shiny Ninetales on GTS and got a Hydreigon.

I don't know why I'm being ignored so much in this thread. So much for connecting with other people Nintendo.

Gravijah

MidnightScott said:
Leveling up Pawniard & Klink...so tiresome even with Lucky Eggs. I put a Shiny Ninetales on GTS and got a Hydreigon.

I don't know why I'm being ignored so much in this thread. So much for connecting with other people Nintendo.

What do you need? I think it's less ignoring and more the apprehension with how crappy the WiFi currently is.

I think they should do Black and White 2 on 3DS. Continue the story, re-do the region with a new graphics engine, keep the mechanics and roster of Gen 5, shake up the way you progress through Unova and lay back and watch the profit roll in.

Then do Gen 6 for 3DS in like 2015 or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Green Scar said:
I think they should do Black and White 2 on 3DS. Continue the story, re-do the region with a new graphics engine, keep the mechanics and roster of Gen 5, shake up the way you progress through Unova and lay back and watch the profit roll in.

Then do Gen 6 for 3DS in like 2015 or something.

Gen 6 could be BW2 like G/S were for R/B/G.

Forkball

It's crazy how they have to keep remaking everything so players can actually get access to certain Pokemon. There needs to be a way to transfer Pokemon in Gen 4 games to Gen 5 without the use of multiple DSes. Maybe they could do this via a website?

Woffls

Wiseblade said:
That's because you have no sense of...
ADVENTURE!
hah, no, I love the adventure, but sometimes I just want to know what I'm supposed to do. Even just a map that I could put points of interest on would be helpful. I think you could do that in Pearl but it was pretty useless.

KingK

Woffls said:

All of the water was one of my favorite parts. And you have Mt. Chimney with all the ash raining down around it, a city with houses in the trees, a city you can only access
through an underwater tunnel
. Not to mention the awesome dive theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vqvfxoRBg

Idk, part of it may be nostalgia (I was 11 at the time so it was the the first pokemon game I played where I fully grasped the concepts and was able to play the game well), but I've recently replayed Emerald and it's still my favorite pokemon region.

Gravijah

Speaking of RSE, I'm looking at the map and every single town is just one word. Like Lilycove, Mossdeep, etc. But then... there's Ever Grande. Why is it two words?

The only shiny Pokemon I've ever seen and caught myself was a Bibarel in Diamond. I feel like I've been cheated with the 1000+ hours I've played since Gold/Silver introduced shiny Pokemon. :(

Actually, my brother caught a Doduo in FireRed's Safari Zone. He's played almost as long as I have, so he hasn't had much better luck.

beje

Banned
I was thinking about training a Cofagrigus, and looking at its move pool I thought of this:

Item: Leftovers
- Will o Wisp
- Toxic
- Hex (will hit for 100 damage 100% acc anything with a status problem)
- Trick Room

Or maybe change either one of the first two with Mean Look to assure the target gets stalled.

What do you think? Maybe too obvious?

Forkball said:
It's crazy how they have to keep remaking everything so players can actually get access to certain Pokemon. There needs to be a way to transfer Pokemon in Gen 4 games to Gen 5 without the use of multiple DSes. Maybe they could do this via a website?

Couldn't GF release a 3DS app that extracts the save files from DPPHGSSBW carts and allows for importing/trading all on one 3DS?

Just have the next-gen games read/write to the SD card to retrieve the old Pokemon. 3DS games can access the SD card slot, right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Yeah. Andrex stole my thread's spotlight!

We're cool now though.

159-Security.jpg

:p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
KingK said:
All of the water was one of my favorite parts. And you have Mt. Chimney with all the ash raining down around it, a city with houses in the trees, a city you can only access
through an underwater tunnel
. Not to mention the awesome dive theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vqvfxoRBg

Idk, part of it may be nostalgia (I was 11 at the time so it was the the first pokemon game I played where I fully grasped the concepts and was able to play the game well), but I've recently replayed Emerald and it's still my favorite pokemon region.

IMO Dive was pretty wasted in B/W...
Ideally for Dive, you can dive in any water you choose. Would be a huge incentive to revisit old lakes and rivers.

Bankoiia said:
I had been looking forward to visiting Black City, but it's
completely empty...
:(

It fills up as the days go on, and if you connect with people on the Entralink. You must have beaten the game pretty quick then.

Gravijah

UltimateIke said:
Have you been changing the date on your DS system menu? I've heard that empties the city as punishment.

Well, it's less a punishment and more just how the mechanics work.

Andrex said:
It fills up as the days go on, and if you connect with people on the Entralink. You must have beaten the game pretty quick then.

Are you sure it fills up as time goes on? I thought you HAD to link with other people.

Edit: Hmm... I wonder if my town is filled up. There's only 9 trainers outside but there's building everywhere...

Zertez

Still cant seem to find any female Squirtles or Bulbasaur for trade. Would someone be willing to trade me for a for a few minutes so I can update my Dex and get them in Global trades. Any help is appreciated.

Bankoiia

UltimateIke said:
Have you been changing the date on your DS system menu? I've heard that empties the city as punishment.
Yeah, I had corrected it shortly after I started playing Black. Damn. Had no idea it would mess with my game. : /

Red

UltimateIke said:
I have White, and needed to reset the date after switching DSes about two days before finishing the game. Still have a good 8 or 10 people in the forest. Though I can only catch 4 different Pokemon types I think. At least that's all I've seen.

Styles

MidnightScott said:

Is this for competitive purposes, or just to fill in your pokedex? If it's the latter then
you can capture Bisharp post game on route 11

Zomba13

Crunched said:
Just sent over 200 Pokemon from Pearl via Poketransfer.

Man this is taking forever.
I need to transfer some over, from SS and Pearl. Gonna have to borrow my sisters DS.
Anyone know if the 3DS can trade/link with the DS/DSlite/DSi/DSiXL? I think I'll get one soon and it'll be much more convenient for me.

Bankoiia said:
Yeah, I had corrected it shortly after I started playing Black. Damn. Had no idea it would mess with my game. : /
Crunched said:
I have White, and needed to reset the date after switching DSes about two days before finishing the game. Still have a good 8 or 10 people in the forest. Though I can only catch 4 different Pokemon types I think. At least that's all I've seen.
It seems it goes by a points system. You lose a certain number of points every day you don't visit, so that's why changing the date messes things up.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Also, Bulbapedia says the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to first reach White Forest/Black City. You add more by using the Entralink feature.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/White_Forest

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_City

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Busaiku said:
So Power items always add +4 to the EV I'm training in right?

It'll add +4 to the EV depending on the item, plus the standard EV you'd receive. ie, Fighting a Magikarp; Power Weight will give you 4HP EVs, and you'll receive 1Speed EV from the Magikarp itself.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
It'll add +4 to the EV depending on the item, plus the standard EV you'd receive for. ie, Fighting a Magikarp; Power Weight will give you 4HP EVs, and you'll receive 1Speed EV from the Magikarp itself.

And Pokerus doubles the base EV, which doesn't include the item's EVs, correct?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
And Pokerus doubles the base EV, which doesn't include the item's EVs, correct?

According to Bulbapedia it doubles the item's EVs as well.

"These item's effects are doubled by the effects of Pokérus. For example, if a Chikorita with Pokérus that holds a Power Lens defeats a Haunter, that Chikorita would gain 12 EV points in Special Attack. Two would be from defeating the Haunter, four would come from the Power Lens, and the remaining six would be from the Pokérus's doubling effect."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom