• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankoiia

UltimateIke said:
It seems it goes by a points system. You lose a certain number of points every day you don't visit, so that's why changing the date messes things up.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Also, Bulbapedia says the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to first reach White Forest/Black City. You add more by using the Entralink feature.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/White_Forest

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_City
So, I assume I lucked out of buying Fire Stones until I find someone to connect with locally, then?

zumphry

Banned
Gravijah said:
All the water is the best part of Hoenn.

Imagine the water routes with B/W's encounter rate.

So good.

As for any D/P/Pt remakes, I don't know if they're necessary. Then again, you could really say it for R/S/E. IMO, only R/B/Y and G/S/C really needed remakes due to them being on the really old cartridges. I loved Gen III, but you can still connect them to the newer games....though I still wanna see R/S/E get upgraded and not be such the black sheep of the series.

Dartastic

Gravijah said:
what would you rather have in real life AN AWESOME SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG DINOSAUR BIRD

or a turtle
...I think I fucked this up and picked the wrong fossil. I'm not happy they didn't let me verify my choice. =(

Gravijah said:
what would you rather have in real life AN AWESOME SUPER FAST SUPER STRONG DINOSAUR BIRD

or a turtle

Wow I went archen too, but biased much? For the record I was able to get my hand on a baby tirtouga and named it Leo :)

Bankoiia said:
So, I assume I lucked out of buying Fire Stones until I find someone to connect with locally, then?
The only stone I can buy is the Shiny Stone, and I never changed the date. I beat the game in four days, and I visit the City every day to battle the 10 trainers that are there. So it looks like local connectivity is required to add more items and people. Hopefully my brother will get the game soon. :/

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:
water is my favorite type, do i look bias 2 u??????
pyQcC.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Psh. My tournament team is 2/3 done, and it's totally awesome.

The single item clause is knocking me off kilter too. >_> I've never played a double battle online, either...

Hrm, would anyone be up for a quick and dirty tournament like tomorrow night? It'd be singles-only and allow for Pokemon from previous generations as well.

BJK said:
So, did I miss something, or did I jump from beating the E4 (with opponent levels in the mid 50s) to fighting trainers with Lv. 65 PkMn on the new paths that opened up?

Liked the changes they did to the story thusfar this gen, and I'll also say that having to work with all new Pokemon made me think about what I was doing, instead of just going with a few familiar favorites from previous generations. I'm just running around doing things I might have missed, in order to level my guys up more.

My E4 killers: Oshawatt, Beartic, Lampent (only one I EV-trained for SpecAtt - the tower where you find him is amazing for this!), Leavanny, Beheeyem, & Golurk (my de-facto HM slave, carrying fly and strength)...all in the Lv. 47-50 range, with Oshawatt the exception at 56.

Love that I caught the one shiny that I've seen thusfar, and that it seems to have decent IVs. Hate that I don't know anyone with the game, so I'll have to really trust someone to send back my shiny Boldore in order to evolve it.

Finally another Leavanny user!! And I had no idea Golurk could fly...it'd be pretty sweet to fly around on an undead robot :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
Imagine the water routes with B/W's encounter rate.

So good.

Even better, imagine them with Platinum's rate. (Hint: B/W are a step backwards from that.)

Gravijah

holy shit golurk can fly? now that dude definitely has a spot on my white team

FLYING MECHA GO!

Andrex said:
Even better, imagine them with Platinum's rate. (Hint: B/W are a step backwards from that.)

I don't think any game in the series has an encounter rate as bad as BW. Even in HGSS, you can walk...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
water is my favorite type, do i look bias 2 u??????

Well Flying is my favorite type so I lucked out. Even still, I think the turtle looks cool as hell and I dig its typing too.

Make love not war. <3

I need to make 3 more unique I.D. trades to get the Master Ball. So if there are 3 people I've never traded with looking, I will get you any one egg you want for any one Pokemon you've got.

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:

I never got Platinum, I assumed it kept D/P's rate. :s

Though, I'll pick it up after I replay Emerald sometime soon :D

Andrex said:
The single item clause is knocking me off kilter too. >_> I've never played a double battle online, either...

Single items + double battles = the reason why I'm not entering. I'm already having trouble putting a proper singles team together, if I start getting into doubles (which I've basically slept on since they were introduced) I'll never see the end of it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
I need to make 3 more unique I.D. trades to get the Master Ball. So if there are 3 people I've never traded with looking, I will get you any one egg you want for any one Pokemon you've got.

Do you have the Black-exclusive bird, Vullaby/Mandibuzz? I could take that. I also have a spare Oshawott on me from breeding for the GTS.

Edit- Or did we trade? What did we trade? Man I have no memory. >_<

UltimateIke said:

PM sent.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
I never got Platinum, I assumed it kept D/P's rate. :s

Though, I'll pick it up after I replay Emerald sometime soon :D

Even D/P's was pretty good I thought, but it's been a while.

Gravijah said:
I don't think any game in the series has an encounter rate as bad as BW. Even in HGSS, you can walk...

Unfortunately they are very similar. I think I'd give a slight edge to B/W though, but not by much.

Andrex said:
Do you have the Black-exclusive bird, Vullaby/Mandibuzz? I could take that. I also have a spare Oshawott on me from breeding for the GTS.

Edit- Or did we trade? What did we trade? Man I have no memory. >_<
We've traded before. But I'll help you anyway. :p

UltimateIke said:
I can help if you need me to. And on the off chance you have a cryogonal, that'd be sweet. If not maybe a vullaby?

FC: 3181 5433 4444

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
We've traded before. But I'll help you anyway. :p

Nah that's OK, if I remember right it was hell trying to trade with eachother. :p And I'd rather get it from the GTS and push my own Master Ball number higher. :p

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Single items + double battles = the reason why I'm not entering. I'm already having trouble putting a proper singles team together, if I start getting into doubles (which I've basically slept on since they were introduced) I'll never see the end of it.

I've never made a doubles team either, but I'm not finding it that hard. Not being 6v6 makes team building a lot less intense.

Woffls

UltimateIke said:
Sure I'll trade with you, I have White and have 3 level 1 Tepigs and maybe a few of the White exclusives that I can get again, but that's pretty much it! Apparently I need Pansear, Panpour, Snivey, Oshawatt, Archen, Gothita, Escaliver and Accelgor?

0217 9980 5725

Delio

Holy Order Sol said:

yeah the Doubles thing is putting me off. Last tournament was pretty fun though and i was able to make it far enough. But i dunno about this one yet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
I've never made a doubles team either, but I'm not finding it that hard. Not being 6v6 makes team building a lot less intense.

I don't see a difference, you're still going to need six Pokemon.

RagnarokX

NeoForte said:
Yay I caught a Vanillite :D Man so many pokemon I wanna use...Damn you 6 pokemon limit!
Might as well keep it in a box. There isn't a single ice type worth using in the main game. I trained a vanillish for the 8th gym and ended up sweeping the entire thing with excadrill anyway. I can't wait to get a cloyster though :D. That thing is seriously deadly in gen V.

Woffls said:
Sure I'll trade with you, I have White and have 3 level 1 Tepigs and maybe a few of the White exclusives that I can get again, but that's pretty much it! Apparently I need Archen, Gothita, Escaliver and Accelgor?
Pick 2.

Calidor said:
Here!

My FC is 5457 8668 7814

I'd like a Skarmory :D
You're #4, but I'll help anyway. You can add another request if you would like.

razgriz417 said:
Both would be awesome!
Ok.

dangerbyrnes said:
i'll do it.

do you have a charmander egg?

5243 1243 0519
I said 3, but I'll do 5. You're the last for now. I can get you a second Pokemon if you would like.

GREEN SCAR: You can pick a second Pokemon too! PM me guys!

Calidor

UltimateIke said:
Pick 2.

You're #4, but I'll help anyway. You can add another request if you would like.

Ok.

I said 3, but I'll do 5. You're the last for now. I can get you a second Pokemon if you would like.

GREEN SCAR: You can pick a second Pokemon too! PM me guys!

Great I'd take a Ditto aswell

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
I don't see a difference, you're still going to need six Pokemon.
Picture it like using substitutes or a Side Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh/MtG. when you see a particular Pokémon that threatens what you normally send out, use one of you two subs instead.

Using 3v3 singles as an example, Dry Skin Toxicroak would be an excellent anti-rain substitute. Immune to water, resistant to Rock and grass, recovers in the rain and hits Ludicolo and Kabutops for SE. But I wouldn't use hit again't most other teams and definitely not against sun teams. I don't have to worry about him being dead weight half of the time because he doesn't get played half of the time.

See what I mean?

Woffls

UltimateIke said:
Oh man, this is getting crazy. Give me a little time guys. Hahaha.
I'm just chillin in the room, watching Wrestlemania II anyway so it's cool. 2 level 1 Tepigs lined up!

Izayoi

Banned
Hey, anyone have a foreign Ditto they can trade me? I can compensate you in the form of Reshiram I got off of the GTS.

Hawking that place can be quite profitable at times.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Doubles with Generation 5 only Pokemon really favors Trick Room. This generation is full of slow, bulky, powerful Pokemon and we have a nature of amazing Pokemon for setting up Trick Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom