• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woffls

Izayoi said:
Hey, anyone have a foreign Ditto they can trade me? I can compensate you in the form of Reshiram I got off of the GTS.
By foreign do you mean not from Unova, or not from America? :p I have a spare ditto from Europe caught in Unova.... Eurova? I might have one from FireRed =\

UltimateIke said:
It seems it goes by a points system. You lose a certain number of points every day you don't visit, so that's why changing the date messes things up.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml

Also, Bulbapedia says the total number of residents is determined by the number of days it took the player to first reach White Forest/Black City. You add more by using the Entralink feature.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/White_Forest

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_City

That is a terrible design choice, I completed the game during a few days. The emptyness makes sense now.
At least I know there is not something I am doing wrong for not seeing all the 10 trainers.

My friend code: 0303 9099 2313

Green Scar: 1334 7051 8299
Zorua
Totodile

Razgriz417: 3181 5433 4444
Cryogonal
Vullaby

Woffls: 0217 9980 5725
Archen
Accelgor

Calidor: 5457 8668 7814
Skarmory
Staryu

Dangerbyrnes: 5243 1243 0519
Charmander
Chikorita

Mandiller: 2064 8579 6102
Vullaby
Cottonee

Goodness. This got crazy. I will PM each of you when I am ready to trade you. Thanks!

Izayoi

Banned
Woffls said:
By foreign do you mean not from Unova, or not from America? :p I have a spare ditto from Europe caught in Unova.... Eurova? I might have one from FireRed =\
Needs to be not from the US and not an English version of the game. No nickname is preferred.

Woffls

Izayoi said:
Needs to be not from the US and not an English version of the game. No nickname is preferred.
Ballssss, I've only got PAL English versions of all my Pokémon games :( Ne'er mind!

Harpuia

Guys, I want to get into competitive pokemon battling. What should I do as my first step to learning how to do this? I know how to work EVs, IVs seem too time consuming to even care about though.

EDIT: I want to learn more about strategys and coming up with EV spreads for pokemon. I have EV trained a Vaporeon in the past.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Picture it like using substitutes or a Side Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh/MtG. when you see a particular Pokémon that threatens what you normally send out, use one of you two subs instead.

Using 3v3 singles as an example, Dry Skin Toxicroak would be an excellent anti-rain substitute. Immune to water, resistant to Rock and grass, recovers in the rain and hits Ludicolo and Kabutops for SE. But I wouldn't use hit again't most other teams and definitely not against sun teams. I don't have to worry about him being dead weight half of the time because he doesn't get played half of the time.

See what I mean?

Hrm, with best of three I see your point. I had forgotten things aren't going to be decided by just one match.

Harpuia said:
Guys, I want to get into competitive pokemon battling. What should I do as my first step to learning how to do this? I know how to work EVs, IVs seem too time consuming to even care about though.

EDIT: I want to learn more about strategys and coming up with EV spreads for pokemon. I have EV trained a Vaporeon in the past.

From the OP.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Team preview means you can counterpick from the first match.

Right, that too.

Also is it just me or are the Gems almost completely broken competitively? For some reason I feel Archeops/Flight Gems is just the beginning. 50% boost to what is most likely a STAB move anyways? Yes please.

It also solves the problem of having different items for each Pokemon quite handily.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
Right, that too.

Also is it just me or are the Gems almost completely broken competitively? For some reason I feel Archeops/Flight Gems is just the beginning. 50% boost to what is most likely a STAB move anyways? Yes please.

It also solves the problem of having different items for each Pokemon quite handily.
Head smash.
Rock Gem.
300 base power.

Final destination.

btkadams

yesss someone gave me a thundurus for my zorua so now i have landorus too :)

i'm betting it's hacked though since they gave me a lvl 100 thundurus for a lvl 1 zorua.... is there any downsides for me if it is hacked?

Delio

Yeah once the 3DS is out i can really start trading with myself and getting some good stuff going. Right before the tournament haha.

Izayoi

Banned
btkadams said:
i'm betting it's hacked though since they gave me a lvl 100 thundurus for a lvl 1 zorua.... is there any downsides for me if it is hacked?
No, because if it made it through the GTS it's for all intents and purposes legit.

Izayoi

Banned
Delio said:
Yeah once the 3DS is out i can really start trading with myself and getting some good stuff going. Right before the tournament haha.
Yup, that's my reasoning. Will be restarting Black and as such am going to have plenty of spare Legendaries and stuff to give out.

Not to mention all of the GTS sniping I've been doing. Have a box full of shinies and four Reshirams now.

Edit: YOU GUYS POST TOO SLOW

WHY IS IT WHEN I'M HERE POSTS SLOW TO A CRAWL BUT WHEN I'M GONE FOR TEN MINUTES THERE ARE LIKE TWO NEW PAGES

FUCK

Izayoi said:
Head smash.
Rock Gem.
300 base power.

Final destination.

See that's how you kill Cloyster... and YOU DON'T EVEN NEED OPTIC BLAST

(I'm seriously at a loss though, I don't even know how the team I'm building could handle the new Cloyster, hopefully I can predict the switch... rain is really a double-edged sword)

Woffls

Izayoi said:
Not to mention all of the GTS sniping I've been doing. Have a box full of shinies and four Reshirams now.
I've not traded at all on the GTS yet, what the hell did you trade to get that lot? :|

Woffls

Delio said:
Woo Party then! *rave lights*
t9tik8.gif

Izayoi

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
See that's how you kill Cloyster... and YOU DON'T EVEN NEED OPTIC BLAST

(I'm seriously at a loss though, I don't even know how the team I'm building could handle the new Cloyster, hopefully I can predict the switch... rain is really a double-edged sword)
Speaking of Cloyster, a friend just traded me:

Shellder, Jolly, Dozer, Male = 31/31/10/2/23/31

Aww yeah.

Gravijah said:
psst i think izayoi left we can post again
God damnit.

;_;

UltimateIke said:

Zorua
Totodile

Cryogonal
Vullaby

Archen
Accelgor

Skarmory
Staryu

Charmander
Chikorita

Vullaby
Cottonee

Goodness. This got crazy. I will PM each of you when I am ready to trade you. Thanks!
Please let me PM each of you and let me start the connection! I don't have everything ready and am having a hard time trading with who I need to!

Izayoi

Banned
Woffls said:
I've not traded at all on the GTS yet, what the hell did you trade to get that lot? :|
You wait for people to fuck up and mis-post something. I got a Reshiram for a stupid Elemental Monkey.

Most of my shinies come from retards who are trying to show them off and screw up the level range when posting, so I get them from normal Legendaries.

TheOGB

Banned
Andrex said:

Oh, so I don't have to sell them off.

shahkur

Just beat Pokemon White today, totalled 20 hours. Well, the credits did start rolling, and I gotta say, man was the game fantastic. Also, WTF how come I caught Zekrom in the first ball (premier ball)? It's HP was red, but even then you'd at least expect it to be harder than that LOL. Guess I'll be using the master ball for something else then.

Oh, and the Elite 4 and
Ghetsis
were hard as f***.

Firestorm

Delio said:
NO BACKING OUT OF VGC THIS TIME

(goes double for Little Green Yoda)

:OOOOOOOOO

Wrapping up all the stuff I never did on my Soul Silver game, I grabbed my little brother's Kyogre and went to get Rayquaza.

First attempt it used Outrage and killed itself via confusion. Reset.
Second attempt it killed my Smeargle so I just reset again.
Third attempt. It's fucking shiny. I throw a master ball.

I am so happy right now. :D

Woffls

shahkur said:
Also, WTF how come I caught Zekrom in the first ball (premier ball)?
I found this as well. Caught Zekrom with one Pokéball and no status problems. GF must have made it easy so it didn't break up the flow of that part of the game.
HappyBivouac said:
o_O DUDE

UltimateIke said:

Zorua
Totodile

Cryogonal
Vullaby

Archen
Accelgor

Skarmory
Staryu

Charmander
Chikorita

Vullaby
Cottonee

One down...

HappyBivouac said:

Wrapping up all the stuff I never did on my Soul Silver game, I grabbed my little brother's Kyogre and went to get Rayquaza.

seriously, you got the best looking shiny Pokemon ever on your third try???

i hate you, why am i not worthy.

i don't even have a normal rayquaza ='(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HappyBivouac said:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

TheOGB

Banned
HappyBivouac said:

DAMN YOU

YOU LUCKY BASTARD

Firestorm

Speaking of which, I'm hearing Nintendo has cancelled all Pokemon WCS events in Japan as a result of the earthquake. So World's will unlikely have much - if any - Japanese participation.

Forkball

I hate shiny stories. I have played Pokemon since Red/Blue. Since they introduced shinies in Gen II, I've played Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Diamond, SoulSilver, and White. Beat them all (still working on White) and put hundreds of hours in them combined. Not once have I seen a fucking shiny outside of the red Gyarados.

UltimateIke said:

Zorua
Totodile

Cryogonal
Vullaby

Archen
Accelgor

Skarmory
Staryu

Charmander
Chikorita

Vullaby
Cottonee

Two down... For the love of Arceus, please let the eggs not get mixed up. :/

Woffls

UltimateIke said:
You have to trade me a Kerrablast for my Shelmet to get Accelgor. Can you do that?
Oh I forgot about all that >_< yeah, I have a Karrablast to send. Sorted now, and in the room again. [edit] I take it you can get another Shelmet easily?

Delio

Firestorm said:
Speaking of which, I'm hearing Nintendo has cancelled all Pokemon WCS events in Japan as a result of the earthquake. So World's will unlikely have much - if any - Japanese participation.

Whoa that will be quite crazy as it would leave a big gap for Smogonites to tear in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom