• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HappyBivouac said:
Wonder launcher sounded fun to me. Guess people are already hating on it? :(

"IT CHANGES THINGS STRATEGICALLY THEREFORE IT IS BAD"

It's more limited than a battle against an NPC, but it still makes it a contest of money and patience.

Teknoman

Andrex said:
When you do, I'll be waiting. Smell ya later!

Oh i'll be there. Btw were those EV trained? If so, i've gotta get that done too. Dream world needs to hurry up so I can get some EV reducing berries.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Oh i'll be there. Btw were those EV trained? If so, i've gotta get that done too. Dream world needs to hurry up so I can get some EV reducing berries.

Yeah, that was about 1/3 of my whole EV-trained team from SoulSilver. Unfortunately all but two of them are missing their items, because, well, you know. Poke Transfer and all that.

Andrex said:
It's more limited than a battle against an NPC, but it still makes it a contest of money and patience.

Oh, I haven't used it yet. Where do those things come into play? I figured it was some kind of self-contained system that would be unaffected by outside factors and just add another layer of strategy. If that's not really the case, then lame.

D-Pad

Obsessed said:
What is the most accurate way of checking IV's? Just take a newly hatched egg to an online match and calculate the stats?

From what I learned:

Battle Institute ups your Pokemon to level 50. Save before, go in battle, look at stats. Plug them into an IV calculator.

Raxus

So far I have the Gen V and III starters. I am missing Piplup, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and all of Gen IV.

I think I can get the rest (eventually) through negotiations. I shouldn't have to ask for help anymore.

Now legendaries is another story. I want them in my box just to say I have them and never have to bother with them again. They are all banned anyways so I just want them for completionist sake.

Firestorm

HappyBivouac said:
Wonder launcher sounded fun to me. Guess people are already hating on it? :(

"IT CHANGES THINGS STRATEGICALLY THEREFORE IT IS BAD"
Isn't that the thing that lets you use items?

"IT MAKES BATTLES 50X AS LONG AS THEY WERE ALREADY TOO LONG TO BEGIN WITH THEREFORE IT IS BAD"

Raxus said:
So far I have the Gen V and III starters. I am missing Piplup, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and all of Gen IV.

I think I can get the rest (eventually) through negotiations. I shouldn't have to ask for help anymore.
How about I get you Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil anyway? That will finish Gen I and Gen II for you.

Raxus

UltimateIke said:
How about I get you Bulbasaur, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil anyway? That will finish Gen I and Gen II for you.
It feels weird not giving you anything back in return. Want some female starters?

D-Pad said:
From what I learned:

Battle Institute ups your Pokemon to level 50. Save before, go in battle, look at stats. Plug them into an IV calculator.

Thanks. And last question for the night.

Do I use my Masterball on Tornadus, or is there something better? And if the Tornadus has a shitty nature can I reset, kill it, and then beat the E4 to have another shot at capturing it?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Thanks. And last question for the night.

Do I use my Masterball on Tornadus, or is there something better? And if the Tornadus has a shitty nature can I reset, kill it, and then beat the E4 to have another shot at capturing it?

Yes, and yes.

D-Pad

UltimateIke said:
Nah, it's okay. I still need the Chikorita egg and I'll be ready to trade soon.

If you have any spare Chikoritas and Cyndaquils to trade, my FC is 0647 5048 2722! I have Totodiles, Panpours, Snivys, Zubats, and Torchics...

D-Pad said:
If you have any spare Chikoritas and Cyndaquils to trade, my FC is 0647 5048 2722! I have Totodiles, Panpours, Snivys, Zubats, and Torchics...
0303 9099 2313

Let me trade Raxus, and I'll trade you next.

Gravijah

Obsessed said:
What is the first yes in response to? Yes to there is something better, or yes to I should use the Masterball on him?

There's not really anything better. Even then the roamer is pretty easy to catch...

What the fuck the game wouldn't let me trade my Rufflet back to my Japanese copy after I just traded it. "It has learned an HM move. You cannot let it leave your party."

WTF?

Achtius

MidnightScott said:
What the fuck the game wouldn't let me trade my Rufflet back to my Japanese copy after I just traded it. "It has learned an HM move. You cannot let it leave your party."

WTF?

Get another pokemon with the same HM in your team. They did it to prevent you from getting stuck in the game (I think).

Going back to Soulsilver to breed extra copies of my starters... I got to borrow somebody's DS temporarily, so I'm gonna take advantage...

The bicycling speed is slower.

The text is slower...

WHY IS THIS GAME SO SLOW

jman2050

ColtraineGF said:
Going back to Soulsilver to breed extra copies of my starters... I got to borrow somebody's DS temporarily, so I'm gonna take advantage...

The bicycling speed is slower.

The text is slower...

WHY IS THIS GAME SO SLOW

This was pretty much my exact experience preparing my HG pokemon for transfer.

The difference really is astounding.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
What is the first yes in response to? Yes to there is something better, or yes to I should use the Masterball on him?

If it's your first Master Ball I'd say use it, easier to check the natures. If you trade with 50 people then you'll get another Master Ball anyways.

Delio

Watching some VGC 11 practice vids and heh seeing a lot of interesting things. Lots of Cofagrigus and Conkeldurr's. Interesting off the wall stuff as well like Buffalon and Basculin. This VGC will be quite interesting.

I've got all the starters, if anyone needs them. I can't get online as my router is giving me problems but if anyone needs any I can breed a few tomorrow. Also I wish I could get online, I wouldn't mind filling my pokedex with pokemon I haven't seen yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom