• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Ah, thanks!

Dunno what use the score is though, I don't think you get any prize for having a high one, and the only way to view your high score is by scrolling all the way down on the back of your trainer card.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Dunno what use the score is though, I don't think you get any prize for having a high one, and the only way to view your high score is by scrolling all the way down on the back of your trainer card.

I'm pissed the transfer machine is counting Rock Climb as an HM move. Isn't it just a normal TM now?

Now I have to go fool with the Pc again and the super long save time... Ugh. That said, this is sooo much better than Pal Park by far. In fact the transfer machine is FUN.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK maybe I'm slow on this but I just realized Elite Four Caitlin is from the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontier. Mind=blown.

D-Pad said:
I'm pissed the transfer machine is counting Rock Climb as an HM move. Isn't it just a normal TM now?

Now I have to go fool with the Pc again and the super long save time... Ugh. That said, this is sooo much better than Pal Park by far. In fact the transfer machine is FUN.

That and Rock Smash... Also I agree. Although I never did use the Pal Park (Gen 3 sucks lol.)

jman2050

I had no problems with P2P with others earlier, is your connection just bad in general?

Although I did have a lot of trouble with GTS just before this...

survivor

Banned
jman2050 said:
I had no problems with P2P with others earlier, is your connection just bad in general?

Although I did have a lot of trouble with GTS just before this...
I did few trades before and it was fine. I just don't know what's happening tonight. I'm gonna try to switch to a different connection tomorrow

jman2050

Heh is there a way to just cancel pokemon selections in the trade screen? It wasn't an issue this time but I clicked on one of my synchronize slaves by accident.

And thanks a bunch survivor.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tUj1x.gif
V970Q.png

"In HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Platinum, Caitlin is the employer of Castle Valet Darach and oversees his Battle Castle battles. She is responsible for determining how much CP the player should receive depending on the outcome of the battle.

In Black and White, Caitlin appears as a member of the Elite Four of Unova. It is revealed that she possesses some sort of psychic powers, and that in the past, she had an explosive temper that would erupt if she lost a battle causing her psychic powers to cause a lot of damage. This is the reason why Darach fought in her place in Generation IV. However, she gains control of her powers before Generation V."

Iiinteresting. Now it all makes sense.

MidnightScott said:
Thanks Coltraine, you rock! Let me know if you need any old Pokémon and I'll start making eggs. :)
Oh, I don't need anything right now. But I'll be sure to let you know if anything comes up ¬_¬
Mush said:
Where is the dude/dudette who will give me an effort ribbon?
I don't think this game has Ribbons. Though I think a girl in Opelucid will tell you about maxed EVs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ColtraineGF said:
Caitlin
's hair is the region for Gen 6.

Shaga's beard is your rival.

The Battle Frontier will be on Iris's hair.

UltimateIke said:
So who is this "Dad" that bought the TV in your bedroom?

Looker.

Naw, just playing. But maybe... :eek:

Vect said:
Still need that Swoobat Midnight Scott? I PM'd you but looks like it didn't go through.

Nope, but thanks for the offer. Coltraine traded me all 3 for my dex. It was nice that you did that for me. I'll be sure to pay it forward though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Hah! Just ran into a roaming Zapdos in Platinum. I forgot how awesome that battle song is.

I still need to catch Moltres and Articuno I think... it's the reason why my designated super special awesome catching Pokemon are in Platinum instead of alongside the rest of my team in White. :( Stupid Moltres is fire type and keeps killing my Breloom...

Busaiku

Is there a better place than Roggenrolas (Wellspring Cave) for Defense training?
It's annoying that it takes 2 hits to take them out.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
I still need to catch Moltres and Articuno I think... it's the reason why my designated super special awesome catching Pokemon are in Platinum instead of alongside the rest of my team in White. :( Stupid Moltres is fire type and keeps killing my Breloom...

I just needed Mesprit, which I just tossed a masterball at. :p In Heartgold I still got Lugia and that damned roaming Latias. :( Not having a permanent map on the bottom screen, it gets tiring really quickly.

Also, I got my bird trio from FireRed, so I don't have to fool with those. :p GEN III (FRLG remakes count too) rules!

This calls for another run through of Platinum. I rushed through it the first time and couldn't really enjoy it.

Styles

MidnightScott said:
Nope, but thanks for the offer. Coltraine traded me all 3 for my dex. It was nice that you did that for me. I'll be sure to pay it forward though.

Ah, 'kay, congrats on completing the National Dex then!

KingK

Am I the only one who thinks Bianca's father abuses her? At the very beginning of the game, if you walk into her house, it looks like he hits her and starts yelling lol.

Andrex said:
(Gen 3 sucks lol.)
Them's fightin' words!

Oh yeah, MidnightScott, did you do anything different to make it connect?

Just in case it's something you could tell other people to do in case they have conection problems.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Whoo-hoo! 958 pts in transfer machine! Just one more transfer and Platinum nwill be empty. :p
Except for that poor Pokemon who will be stuck in the front of your party.

That, poor, lonely Pokemon... forever doomed to be forgotten and abandoned in a wasteland devoid of all life and happiness.

Izayoi said:
Except for that poor Pokemon who will be stuck in the front of your party.

That, poor, lonely Pokemon... forever doomed to be forgotten and alone.
I had to leave my surfing Pikachu behind. :(

Along with a set of HM slaves.

Izayoi

Banned
UltimateIke said:
I had to leave my surfing Pikachu behind. :(

Along with a set of HM slaves.
I deleted every HM off of every Pokemon and moved all of them except for Bidoof on Platinum, Starly on Diamond, and Spiky-eared Pichu on both SoulSilver and HeartGold.

And I felt horrible about it.
;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom