• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:
Except for that poor Pokemon who will be stuck in the front of your party.

That, poor, lonely Pokemon... forever doomed to be forgotten and abandoned in a wasteland devoid of all life and happiness.
Nah, he's going on a whole new journey with the guy who has previously only ever seen him as an HM slave. It's a happy ending.

T ___ T

Even worse are the Pokemon I abandoned on Emerald version. I put it in just to see.

Some 60 Pokemon left behind. And 20 unknown eggs never hatched. It's been close to 4 years since I played Emerald. I never touched it after Diamond/Pearl. Those poor souls...

Izayoi

Banned
UltimateIke said:
Even worse are the Pokemon I abandoned on Emerald version. I put it in just to see.

Some 60 Pokemon left behind. And 20 unknown eggs never hatched. It's been close to 4 years since I played Emerald. I never touched it after Diamond/Pearl. Those poor souls...
It's not too late to save them! Don't leave them to die!

I've still got my Gold cart with my original team from years ago.

Izayoi said:
It's not too late to save them! Don't leave them to die!

I've still got my Gold cart with my original team from years ago.
I'm hatching the eggs, just to catch a glimpse of a time long passed. And to free them from their prisons.

I was only missing one Frontier symbol. Damn, I used to be pretty good. I couldn't do it now. ;_;

I still have Crystal with the 249 I caught from R/B/Y and G/S. ;_;

Izayoi

Banned
Wichu said:
On my Sapphire, I left some cloned Memento Latioses (secret base training was the best). No feeling of guilt there :p
Cloned/hacked Pokemon are an affront to all that is good and happy in the world, so no worries.

Damn, so hard waiting for my 3DS to come. I really want to play so that I can read threads like these! (I hear this one has a interesting story and I have a shit memory so I forgot what the real story was a long time ago after reading along with the JNP version release. Don't want to be spoiled :/ )

D-Pad

Must be nice to have a working G/S/C game battery still.

Black-Wind said:
Damn, so hard waiting for my 3DS to come. I really want to play so that I can read threads like these! (I hear this one has a interesting story and I have a shit memory so I forgot what the real story was a long time ago after reading along with the JNP version release. Don't want to be spoiled :/ )

Well that's in about 6 days, right?

D-Pad said:
Well that's in about 6 days, right?
I'm getting it from Amazon with the fastest shipping option so it may come a day ahead or a day after the official release. And I have had my Pokemon B&W sitting in their boxes since they came in the mail. :/

I should actually try to do something constructive until then ... like finish these character designs and start on a 2D animation or something.

D-Pad

You think that had anything to do with the remakes? I know that's the reason I screamed for G/S remakes. Secretly, I was hoping the GBA saves go out so we'd get remakes of those too, but now I think I just want them to concentrate on the next verions or Gray...
Izayoi said:
You know that it takes about five minutes to replace it, right?
Yeah after it was too late! :(

And that's that. The transfer is complete, and Starly is the only one left. Soon I will annihilate the world and start anew. Cyrus will watch in envy.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
You think that had anything to do with the remakes? I know that's the reason I screamed for G/S remakes. Secretly, I was hoping the GBA saves go out so we'd get remakes of those too, but now I think I just want them to concentrate on the next verions or Gray...
It had nothing to do with the remakes, because you could just replace the battery before it died.

The remakes are a combination of Gamefreak wanting to service fans by updating their favorite Generation and money making.

Anyway, I think my excitement levels for Grey and the RS are about on par. Can't wait for both.

D-Pad said:
Yeah after it was too late! :(
:(

since the updated third games have been becoming more and more advanced compared to the 2 versions that precede it I can say that I am looking forward to "grey" almost (but not quite) as much as a R/S remake

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
since the updated third games have been becoming more and more advanced compared to the 2 versions that precede it I can say that I am looking forward to "grey" almost (but not quite) as much as a R/S remake
Man, Dive is going to awfully great.

Everything is going to be so great.

Dat music.

Dat weather.

Dat everything.

Aw damnit, now I'm more excited for the RS remakes again.

The eggs are all Cross Chop Elekids. I remember breeding them a long time ago, but I don't remember getting so many eggs. There are also 2 Dittos on the file.

Anybody want them transferred over? :/

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Contests will return! <3

Lol psyche! GF will replace them with upgraded musicals!
My rage will split the sky and rain fire upon this pitiful world should that actually happen.

Don't test me, Gamefreak.

UltimateIke said:
The eggs are all Cross Chop Elekids. I remember breeding them a long time ago, but I don't remember getting so many eggs. There are also 2 Dittos on the file.

Anybody want them transferred over? :/
Haha, what were the other Pokemon you had?

If you've got any Mawile and/or Legendaries I would be interested.

Izayoi said:
Haha, what were the other Pokemon you had?

If you've got any Mawile and/or Legendaries I would be interested.
No legendaries. Rarest stuff is Charmander, Castform, (female) Jolteon, Hitmonlee, Kangaskhan, and Snorlax. The rest are common extras.

Christ PokeGaf. I have an ethical dilemma (that I've already made my mind up on, which is the best type of dilemma!) My friend is having his third "PokeParty" tomorrow, which basically is everyone in our town that is playing Black/White gathering at his house to play together

Here is the glorious part. There is a FUCKING SEXY COLLEGE GIRL that is going to be there who is apparently nerdy as fuck. I've never met her, but my friends were telling me about her and showing me pictures tonight. Not only was she incredibly attractive, but she also is into Pokemon to the point where she EV trains. Additionally, she likes zombie movies and Iron Maiden. I've been searching for a lady like this since before I even knew I liked girls and Pokemon.

The problem? She has a boyfriend. HOWEVER, based on reports from my friends her relationship is on the rocks because she is very unhappy with him. Normally I would say that any taken girl is off limits, however I feel like she would be very lucky to switch out her douchey boyfriend for a guy like me who would, for example, spend eight hours with her on a Sunday afternoon breeding and EV training a dragon dancing Tyranitar. Really I'll be doing a favor by hitting on her tomorrow right? RIGHT?

Quick somebody give me a list of good pokemon themed pickup lines! I make a GAF brother promise that I'll use the best one on her

Mr. Paer said:
Christ PokeGaf. I have an ethical dilemma (that I've already made my mind up on, which is the best type of dilemma!) My friend is having his third "PokeParty" tomorrow, which basically is everyone in our town that is playing Black/White gathering at his house to play together

Here is the glorious part. There is a FUCKING SEXY COLLEGE GIRL that is going to be there who is apparently nerdy as fuck. I've never met her, but my friends were telling me about her and showing me pictures tonight. Not only was she incredibly attractive, but she also is into Pokemon to the point where she EV trains. Additionally, she likes zombie movies and Iron Maiden. I've been searching for a lady like this since before I even knew I liked girls and Pokemon.

The problem? She has a boyfriend. HOWEVER, based on reports from my friends her relationship is on the rocks because she is very unhappy with him. Normally I would say that any taken girl is off limits, however I feel like she would be very lucky to switch out her douchey boyfriend for a guy like me who would, for example, spend eight hours with her on a Sunday afternoon breeding and EV training a dragon dancing Tyranitar. Really I'll be doing a favor by hitting on her tomorrow right? RIGHT?

Quick somebody give me a list of good pokemon themed pickup lines! I make a GAF brother promise that I'll use the best one on her
Go for it. http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/pokemon.html

"starMiE and starYU belong together do you get the message?"

EDIT: A lot of these are NSFW (and not that clever), so beware.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
If contests and double battles aren't pimped in the remakes as much as they were in the original there will be rage!
Yeah. I can understand the Pokeathlon because there was nothing comparable in the originals but fuck with contests and I'll be real salty.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Paer said:

We need visual reference in order to come up with the best aid.

alternatively: fhuta

UltimateIke said:
Go for it. http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/pokemon.html

"starMiE and starYU belong together do you get the message?"

EDIT: A lot of these are NSFW (and not that clever), so beware.
Ahahaha these are hilarious. My favorite is "I think we're going to need Defog (HM05) before the night is done" just because I'm imagining someone using that and pausing to clarify which HM number it is mid sentence

Regulus Tera said:
We need visual reference in order to come up with the best aid.

alternatively: fhuta
Wow, you clearly have my best intentions at heart! If only I hadn't been drinking heavily all night so I could remember her name and thus look her up and facebook and post pictures for all PokeGaf to see

EDIT: Also lol @ "Is that a TANGELA down there?"

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Paer said:
Wow, you clearly have my best intentions at heart! If only I hadn't been drinking heavily all night so I could remember her name and thus look her up and facebook and post pictures for all PokeGaf to see

Pro-tip: read more Off-Topic. It's a cool place.

Mush

I'm going to have Zorua's coming out of my ears soon so if anyone wants one, let me know. They also come with a nice healthy dose of Pokerus. :)

Articalys

I just learned that apparently the Japanese Pokemon games have always used yen as the currency instead of Pokedollars or whatever you want to call it. Is this true?

OMG Aero

Mr. Paer said:

Forget the pickup lines, you must defeat her boyfriend in a Pokemon battle.

Articalys said:
I just learned that apparently the Japanese Pokemon games have always used yen as the currency instead of Pokedollars or whatever you want to call it. Is this true?

Yeah, each of the Japanese games uses yen. Just think, you get Pokeballs for $2.50! :O

OMG Aero

Wiseblade said:
Getting beat down by Dream World Pokémon in Random battle is so depressing...
Are you battling Japanese people? I was under the impression that Nintendo had a filter to block all Dream World Pokemon that haven't yet been released from being used online.

TORNADUS FUCK YEAH

I now have all the Legendaries I can obtain thus far... except Kyurem, I guess. Gonna need to borrow a Thundrus sooner or later but ATM I'm not bothered. Just happy to have caught that son of a bitch :)

Wiseblade

OMG Aero said:
Are you battling Japanese people? I was under the impression that Nintendo had a filter to block all Dream World Pokemon that haven't yet been released from being used online.
Yeah, pretty much everyone I battle is Japanese. It's just I see them all with their Drought Ninetales and Drizzle Politoeds and I want one too. :(

Roto13

Raxus said:
No, I can add stuff to your dex if you want. That way you can search/ask for them via GTS. Hence why I was 'showcasing' legendaries.
That doesn't do that. :p
Andrex said:
Is there any point to the Dive Balls in this game?
Yeah, seriously, what's up with those?

Wichu

Trainer-GAF: I have a small request. I've calculated it should be possible for a Pokémon to grow by 59 levels in a single battle; anyone want to test? I can't do it myself yet, as I haven't beaten the game.
Step 1: Get a level 1 Pokémon with a Fast growth rate, traded from a different-language game (internationally-traded Pokémon gain a little more Exp. points), and give it the Lucky Egg.
Step 2: Wait until a Doctor/Nurse trainer shows up in one of the Nimbasa City sports stadiums.
Step 3: Use the Entralink to get an Experience Power &#8593;&#8593;&#8593;, S, or MAX.
Step 4: Battle the trainer (they should use a level 65 Audino), and win by switching and using Explosion (so the level 1 gains all the Exp. points). Alternatively, use a Ghost-type level 1 (Misdreavus, Shuppet, Duskull) and beat it with Toxic.
This should result in the level 1 gaining 178632 Exp. points and growing to level 60. Fun stuff.

Speaking of huge level gains, I left a Munna in the Day Care when I first reached it. I checked back once I got to Mistralton City. 'Your Pokémon is doing fine. Its level has increased by 42'. Munna is now my highest-level Pokémon :p

r4z4

Hmm, Chandelure or Volcarona?

The rest of my team right now is: Blastoise, Hydreigon, Sigilyph, Krookodile and Jolteon.

Wiseblade

r4z4 said:
Hmm, Chandelure or Volcarona?

The rest of my team right now is: Blastoise, Hydreigon, Sigilyph, Krookodile and Jolteon.

It's either A RARE AND POWERFUL MOTH WHOSE FLAMES BURN WITH THE INTENSITY OF THE SUN

or a candle

r4z4

Wiseblade said:
It's either A RARE AND POWERFUL MOTH WHOSE FLAMES BURN WITH THE INTENSITY OF THE SUN

or a candle

Hmm, thats pretty compelling. Guess I'm off to breed some Larvesta! Will never become champion at this rate!

beje

Banned
I have a question for the breeding masters out there: is a Yamask with the following spread:

HP16 At0 Def28 SpA27 SpD28 Spe16 - Bashful nature (completely neutral)

worth to train for Stalling purposes? or should I keep it in the daycare breeding until I get something better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom