• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Green Scar said:
you're not gravijah
emot-awesome.gif

Wiseblade

beje said:
I have a question for the breeding masters out there: is a Yamask with the following spread:

HP16 At0 Def28 SpA27 SpD28 Spe16 - Bashful nature (completely neutral)

worth to train for Stalling purposes? or should I keep it in the daycare breeding until I get something better?
The IVs aren't bad, but a neutral nature? Pass. It's probably best to get one that boosts SDef.

OMG Aero

Did they change the way egg hatch steps are calculated in this game or something? On several occasions I've been hatching eggs of the same Pokemon and exactly one step after a previous egg hatched the next one in my party did too, even though I had moved around with the previous egg a lot longer.

Wiseblade

It been two weeks since the US release, Let's see the wall of shame!

2q8tt2e.jpg

o_O @ Gravijah. Don't you post anythere else?

EDIT: The top 10 posters collectively make up 29% of this thread. ¬.¬

Woffls

awwww :( I should post more stupid breeding and GTS questions!

So, if I just breed a bunch of level 1 Tepigs and put them up on the GTS, what are people likely to trade them for? =\

Wiseblade

Green Scar said:
Awesome, I made the list! Kinda
Where's Knuckles? FUUUU~

Woffls said:
awwww :( I should post more stupid breeding and GTS questions!

So, if I just breed a bunch of level 1 Tepigs and put them up on the GTS, what are people likely to trade them for? =\
Pretty much anything.

finalozzo said:
fuck you hihidaruma.

>_>

How can you possibly hate this grin:

20100723004808!555Darmanitan.png

Calidor

I have a question about breeding.

Say I have 3 Skarmorys:

-one female Skarmory
- one male skarmory with Whirlwhind
- one male Skarmory with Roost

Can I get the 2 skills in the same Skarmory?

Achtius

Calidor said:

Say I have 3 Skarmorys:

-one female Skarmory

I think you need to get a male Pidgey (or any other in the evolution chain) with both roost and whirlwind to breed with your skarmory.

Move only pass from father unless the move can be learnt via leveling.

Wiseblade

Calidor said:

Say I have 3 Skarmorys:

-one female Skarmory

Not using those two male Skarmory. You'd have to get use a Male Pidgey since he learns both of those moves by level up.

Roto13

spiritfox said:
an AWESOME candle

that EATS SOULS.
It burns souls! It says so in the Pokedex!

Wiseblade said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2q8tt2e.jpg

This is the first time I've been really into the community aspect of a game from launch, so I'm active in the thread a lot. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What's everyone's playtime at right now? I just broke 95 hours today on White. My wife is around 45 on Black, I believe.

Obsessed said:
I'm a bit intimidated by the whole breeding thing. Should I breed for nature first, moves, or IV's?

Find something simple to breed first. Something where you don't need to pass down moves. Sometimes having to chain Pokemon to obtain a move can be very tiresome. Nature is the easiest thing to achieve thanks to the Everstone (works on both male and females, giving them a 50% chance of passing down their nature).

After you have your nature, work on the IVs. Swap in parents with better IVs and continue breeding. Use a Power item to pass for a perfect IV in your most important stat, and keep at it. Don't feel the need to be perfect 31/31/31/31/31/31, just something reasonable.

beje

Banned
EvilMario said:
What's everyone's playtime at right now? I just broke 95 hours today on White. My wife is around 45 on Black, I believe.

I just broke 100 hours today. Most of the time has been egg hatching while multitasking.

Wiseblade said:

2q8tt2e.jpg

At first I thought this was Pokedex completion!

Speaking of which, how is everyone doing? I transfered most of my old guys over now so sitting at 587 seen, 545 obtained. Mainly got a lot of evolution to do but missing a few basics and legends too. I need a Heatran, I couldn't find him on platinum.

Android18a said:

Speaking of which, how is everyone doing? I transfered most of my old guys over now so sitting at 587 seen, 545 obtained. Mainly got a lot of evolution to do but missing a few basics and legends too. I need a Heatran, I couldn't find him on platinum.

at 576 obtained 598 seen currently evolving everthing i got(except friendship evos and stone evos ¬.¬), next will be breeding, then i'll see what families i def don't have right now.

Mael

Okay GAF you've done it again.....
I wasn't planning in taking that game but damn it's really cool this time....and I'm STILL not done with Diamond to boot.
So I was planning on getting white (I'm more down on Triple battles than rotations that seems a lil bit pointless to me) but I kinda dislike the exclusive area for white (the whole find rare items over having to buy them kinda rebuke me....)..
So I don't really know :
Take White starting april
Finish Demon Soul /MH3 before while waiting for Grey
none of the above?

Wiseblade

Android18a said:

I'm at 480 Seen, 382 Obtained. Both could jump 100+ if I evolved/bred off everything I have, but there's 100 other things I want to do first.

traveler

Not Wario
Finished the main story last night. Now I have no idea what to do. Wanted to try getting into the competitive scene this time around but I've never done it before and have no idea where to start. I suppose perusing the breeding and ev training articles on Smogon is in order. Still don't have any idea as to what kind of team I'm going to make.

Busaiku

I'm at like 88 hours.
I spent anywhere from 5-10 hours trying to get a good Cottonee, and I just decided I want a completely different kind.

Zertez

Anyone have a female Squirtle or Bulbasaur for trade, any level? I have all lvl 1 Charmanders, Gen V starters and most things from B/W for trade, outside of legendaries. I can send back a female once I breed them for a few as well.

Hmm I think I just figured out my first breeding project, one that will make future projects easier. A battle subway team. IIRC there was some thread on Smogon about the best possible team for tackling the Battle Frontier. Hopefully it has been updated.

Wiseblade

You might want to check that Larvesta's IVs. I don't know exactly what they are, but they should be pretty good. Thanks for the Kabuto and Rotom, BTW.

Wiseblade said:
You might want to check that Larvesta's IVs. I don't know exactly what they are, but they should be pretty good.

They're 31 lol. Check the IVs on both Kabuto and Rotom, they should be worth passing over if anything.

Thanks for the Persian, you basically just saved me a week. The icon means it has expired PKRS, right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wiseblade said:

2q8tt2e.jpg

HA HA, At number 11 I just miss out of being truly shameful.

Taken a small break from Pokemon this weekend and gone back to the game no one of GAF plays, Wario Ware DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom