• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
About 92 hours here for me, 10 of those are from the DS being closed but with the C-Gear on.

Android18a said:
At first I thought this was Pokedex completion!

Speaking of which, how is everyone doing? I transfered most of my old guys over now so sitting at 587 seen, 545 obtained. Mainly got a lot of evolution to do but missing a few basics and legends too. I need a Heatran, I couldn't find him on platinum.

In the process of transferring over them now. Counting everything I'll have when I'm done transferring them all, I should have 569, although I'm already getting a jump on the rest of the Unova Pokemon by trading for the starters on the GTS and getting all of their evolutions.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BGBW said:
HA HA, At number 11 I just miss out of being truly shameful.

Taken a small break from Pokemon this weekend and gone back to the game no one of GAF plays, Wario Ware DIY.

I used to play it. :( But unfortunately I got it just before I got SoulSilver, so it unfortunately has rarely graced my DS since.

I get too involved in these damn Pokemon games...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So now that it's exactly two weeks after launch, let's break down the data in my handy dandy Friend Code spreadsheet!

Where are players located?
zx52Y.png

What version did players choose?
tpRmb.png

How many responses have been received each day?
fpRqC.png

Wiseblade

Green Scar said:
Anyone got a Cyndaquil egg they can spare? Don't have much to offer in return, but I could get you the Black exclusives. Or a Wynaut! :lol
This is as good a time as any to bring it up: I HATE Wynaut. Actually, I hate all Pokémon with names similar to phrases or expessions.* Especially Audino.

NoA Exec 1: "What should we call the Blissey substitute?"

NoA Exec 2:"Durr, I dunno. "

NoA exec 1: "Sure, Why not!"

RAGE.

Except Farfetch'D. He's cool.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Lamp said:
Ha! Pokemon White wins!
White Forest ftw

There was a brief period of about a day right after the NA launch where Black was leading by a few copies, but that turned around and it's been behind White ever since.

Poyunch

So how does the Day Care Man work? Now that it's postgame I'm going to start breeding and I've heard how the Day Care Man comes to you when you have an egg or something. Do I have to be in Route 3 or will I get a shoutout anywhere?

Firesprite

Neo Member
Hey everyone I need a Deoxys. If anything just the dex data of a deoxys. The stupid pokemon has been eluding me for 3 gens now. I have the following pokemon for trade, or if you want to keep the Deoxys, trade it over and back, bring a junk pokemon and you can keep a legendary of your choice.
FT:
Rash lv 72 Mewtwo
Sassy Lv 50 Mew OT Hayley
Ho-Oh Untouched level 70
Lugia Untouched Level 70 OT 10ANNiv
2xCelebi Untouched Level 50 OT Win2011
Celebi Untouched Level 70 OT 10 ANIV
2x Raikou Shiny Untouched Lv 30 OT Gamestp
Raikou Untouched lv 50
Moltres one touched one untouched level 50
2x Entei Shiny Untouched Lv 30 OT Gamestp
Entei touched 10 Aniv
Zapdos one touched one untouched Lv 50
2x Suicune Shiny Untouched Lv 30 OT Win2011
Suicune LV100 Japanese
Articuno level 50 and 51

So yeah just a deoxys

Would anyone at all be willing to send me a Shelmet egg? He's the last guy I need for my team and I don't want to wait until the end of the game to catch one that's already a super high level. I don't have much to offer, but I have Pokemon white so I can catch you a Solosis or Pelilil if you need something in return.

Also, how exactly do you evolve shelmet and when should you do it?

Edit: Oh wait, actually would it be better to just get an Accelgor egg and not worry about evolving?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well this is interesting, in the "Who's Posted" for the first OT apparently it says I've posted in it 111 times, but I don't remember any of it except for posting the link to this new thread.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Well this is interesting, in the "Who's Posted" for the first OT apparently it says I've posted in it 111 times, but I don't remember any of it except for posting the link to this new thread.
And Salsa has the most posts in that thread too. Did he even get a JP copy of the game?

DMG-01

Andrex said:
I had 40 posts? That can't be right; I only have like 10 in this thread.

Mael

Mael said:
Okay GAF you've done it again.....
I wasn't planning in taking that game but damn it's really cool this time....and I'm STILL not done with Diamond to boot.
So I was planning on getting white (I'm more down on Triple battles than rotations that seems a lil bit pointless to me) but I kinda dislike the exclusive area for white (the whole find rare items over having to buy them kinda rebuke me....)..
So I don't really know :
Take White starting april
Finish Demon Soul /MH3 before while waiting for Grey
none of the above?

so....looking at it, that'll be my 3rd gen I'll be playing (and finally I'll chose a plant stater for a change).
So yeah I was wondering how challenging was the game overall (especially compared to Diamond actually), so far I just got my 8th badge and need to do the Elite4 and the rest...but since I'm severely underleveled for that (or I suck more than I thought) I don't do much progress so far.
Btw is the interface not as slow as I'm used to?
I mean I only played Blue and Diamond and theses babies are horribly slow(ok blue is really slow)!
Oh and how is the touch screen usage too?
Sorry if everyone know but I usually tend to avoid hype threads and the likes, usually I have the outline and discover the game on my own terms...

Merovin

Post Elite 4 spoilers;

Seriously, fighting Ghetsis now, this mother fucking Hydreigon needs to die. Fire Blast and Focus Blast hitting every time without fail? Only my Serperior can outrun it, and well, you can guess how that went! Now the games begin, Serperior vs. Bouffalant, Coil x6, then I'll Dragon Tail his arse when he's sent out. Will let you know how it goes, not that you care, I'm just venting anger here!! :mad:

Wiseblade

Merovin said:
Post Elite 4 spoilers;

Seriously, fighting Ghetsis now, this mother fucking Hydreigon needs to die. Fire Blast and Focus Blast hitting every time without fail? Only my Serperior can outrun it, and well, you can guess how that went! Now the games begin, Serperior vs. Bouffalant, Coil x6, then I'll Dragon Tail his arse when he's sent out. Will let you know how it goes, not that you care, I'm just venting anger here!! :mad:

Dragon Tail always goes last, and by then you'll be hit be Fire blast. Just use slam after the coils, he won't survive it.

Merovin

Wiseblade said:
Dragon Tail always goes last, and by then you'll be hit be Fire blast. Just use slam after the coils, he won't survive it.

God damn, how did I forget that? Thanks for saving me from more anger!

What skills should I learn for Solosis?

I currently have Psyshock, Hidden Power, Recover, and Endeavor and its asking me to learn Future Sight. Should I drop one of them for Future Sight?

yeb

How exactly do these dream world releases work? Will we actually have access to a decent number of dream world pokemon once it opens up?

Roto13

I'm at 100 hours exactly. :p

I'm trying to evolve my Togepi via happiness. This is the first generation where I've bothered to evolve anything that way. Are there any tricks to it? I've given it the Soothe Bell. According to my understanding, it gets happier every certain number of steps and when it levels up, and gets less happy when it faints or eats a gross item like an herb.

If I were to hatch a level 1 Togepi (mine's level 50-something, somehow, and I don't think Togepi can breed), give it the Soothe Bell, and have it fight a level 60 Pokemon so it shot up a ton of levels, would it get really happy really fast?

If it gets happy enough to evolve while I'm walking around and not in a battle, will it just evolve right there, the way an egg hatches, or will it need to level up again first?

Mael said:
Okay GAF you've done it again.....
I wasn't planning in taking that game but damn it's really cool this time....and I'm STILL not done with Diamond to boot.
So I was planning on getting white (I'm more down on Triple battles than rotations that seems a lil bit pointless to me) but I kinda dislike the exclusive area for white (the whole find rare items over having to buy them kinda rebuke me....)..
So I don't really know :
Take White starting april
Finish Demon Soul /MH3 before while waiting for Grey
none of the above?
There are so few Triple/Rotation battles in the game that they probably shouldn't even factor into your decision. It's like four of one and one of the other.

Gravijah

Where does the tail Kadabra has go when it evolves into Alakazam? My theory is that the tail is transformed into mustache fibers, which in turn gives Alakazam his awesome stache.

You might say "Well, Kadabra has a mustache, too" but please compare them. One is a goddamn stache and the other is just a mustache.

Morokh

Roto13 said:
If it gets happy enough to evolve while I'm walking around and not in a battle, will it just evolve right there, the way an egg hatches, or will it need to level up again first?

With the exception of evolution stones and trading, evolving always happens when you level-up.

Roto13 said:
I'm trying to evolve my Togepi via happiness. This is the first generation where I've bothered to evolve anything that way. Are there any tricks to it? I've given it the Soothe Bell.

You can get massages once a day in Castelia City. Also, give it drugs.

Woffls

uhhh, can I not buy Max Revives? I have only just found this out :|

Also how do I make my Pokémon happier? And what are the Stadiums and all that about?

Woffls said:
uhhh, can I not buy Max Revives? I have only just found this out :|

Also how do I make my Pokémon happier? And what are the Stadiums and all that about?

Kind of counterproductive to making your Pokemon happier, but you can buy Revival Herbs in Driftveil City's market, which function as Max Revives. They do lower your Pokemon's happiness, however, because they're bitter.

Wiseblade said:
Read my guide, did you?

Well actually I just remembered that Ditto's catch rate is the same as the Pokemon he transforms into. Though your guide should help speed things up. Right now I've just been Yawning them, and then throwing a great ball without hurting them. Works pretty well actually.

Also can you breed dittos?

Mael

Roto13 said:
There are so few Triple/Rotation battles in the game that they probably shouldn't even factor into your decision. It's like four of one and one of the other.
so few? why the hell did they use that as a new of playing if it's so limited?
Welp now I don't know anymore...I'll probably stay white though for the rare unevolved pkmn of the other area (I'm more of a breeder than a fighter if that makes any sense)

Green Scar said:
Why would someone want more than one Ditto? Something to do with IV breeding?

That, and I think you can give it an everstone so its nature passes down to the child. Though someone with more experience can confirm if what I am saying is true.

edit: Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom