• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You need anything in particular? I have someone on my FL with Gothorita in their FS. I could probably catch you something.

Just hidden ability stuff. Shadow tag gothorita mainly.

Thanks for the offer. Though if it's too much trouble don't worry about it.

Tenck

Just hidden ability stuff. Shadow tag gothorita mainly.

Thanks for the offer. Though if it's too much trouble don't worry about it.

No trouble at all. I'm trying to catch a Psychic Pokemon anyways. This'll work out in our favor :p

Edit: Forgot to ask. You need Male of Female?

Sigmaah

You can have it then. What's your in game name again?

Edit: Drago, I just need one in general. Would you be willing to trade? I could hook you up with a 5v Joltik.

Jody. Ill trade you when I get home which should be in a half hour.

Antiwhippy

No trouble at all. I'm trying to catch a Psychic Pokemon anyways. This'll work out in our favor :p

Edit: Forgot to ask. You need Male of Female?

Any one is fine. Female I guess to make inheriting the HA easier.

Thanks for this. :) Anything you looking for?

my first shiny via the magic of instacheck (cheating?)
oLXzJLd.jpg

the most kawaii bat to have ever kawaii'd.

Antiwhippy

Here's my FC 2122-6789-0388
IGN Tenck

Just send me a request whenever you're ready.

You haven't added me yet.

Alright, I do have a FS venusaur. Any ability you're looking for?

FC is 5000 2377 2427. IGN is Antihippyall.

edit: well I just caught one with the HA anyway.

Tenck

Alright, I do have a FS venusaur. Any ability you're looking for?

FC is 5000 2377 2427. IGN is Antihippyall.

edit: well I just caught one with the HA anyway.

Yeah any ability is fine.

i have an entire box of so-so noibats. some with so-so sp def and then some with p bad iv's but I can pass along a decent one if you're interested!

Any is good as long as I get one :p

Edit: Thanks a bunch Antiwhippy!

Quest1

5iv venipede, 4iv Scyther. Taking forever to get my 5iv Scyther. I've bred perfect 5 venipede, cloyster and shroomish in less thanan hour. I'm being punished haha.

Sigmaah

5iv venipede, 4iv Scyther. Taking forever to get my 5iv Scyther. I've bred perfect 5 venipede, cloyster and shroomish in less thanan hour. I'm being punished haha.

Dude I feel you. Fucking 5v larvitar won't happen but I've gotten everything else quicker. Shit trolls me all day. One has all 31 except speed and sp.a. I might just roll with that one unless Tyranitar needs all his speed iv's... (Does he? Anyone know?) looks like he does...

Quest1

Dude I feel you. Fucking 5v larvitar won't happen but I've gotten everything else quicker. Shit trolls me all day. One has all 31 except speed and sp.a. I might just roll with that one unless Tyranitar needs all his speed iv's... (Does he? Anyone know?) looks like he does...

Seriously. Usually complaining on GAF does it, but I got trolled harder. Perfect 5 with... Swarm...

Antiwhippy

Does he? He's not going to be outspeeding a lot of things.

Korosenai

I have 9 Pokemon that I need to ev train:

Shroomish
Shellder
Joltik
Tyrunt
Goomy
Venipede
Beldum
Gible
Deino

And on top of that I have to level them all up to level 50.... This is gonna take a while. I wish there was a faster way to level up besides le wow. I've kind of got bored of it after playing it so much.

upandaway

I have 9 Pokemon that I need to ev train:

Shroomish
Shellder
Joltik
Tyrunt
Goomy
Venipede
Beldum
Gible
Deino

And on top of that I have to level them all up to level 50.... This is gonna take a while.
EV training takes me a couple minutes (especially if you have multiple of the same Power item), it's leveling them up to 50 which is the problem. Even with breeding and EV training being such a breeze most of the time, I'm still reluctant to try any new Pokemon just because of the leveling up timesink.

Quest1

EV training takes me a couple minutes (especially if you have multiple of the same Power item), it's leveling them up to 50 which is the problem. Even with breeding and EV training being such a breeze most of the time, I'm still reluctant to try any new Pokemon just because of the leveling up timesink.

Exp share, lucky egg, le wow rotation battles, experience o power. Usually takes about two cycles at le wow. It's not so bad

Korosenai

Yea, ev training is super easy thanks to hordes now. I've just gotten bored of le wow after doing it so much. And I don't feel like spending hours wonder trading just to get some rare candies.

It usually only takes two trips through Lé Wow to get multiple Pokémon to level 50. Not too long at all.

EDIT: Dang it Quest1...

Sigmaah

Does he? He's not going to be outspeeding a lot of things.

I see some sets with his evs in speed so maybe, I won't be running a speed set with him but it'll also annoy me that he isn't full 5 31, guess I just gotta stick with it until it happens. Might actually look into instacheck. Shit'll probably save me so much time.

upandaway

Exp share, lucky egg, le wow rotation battles, experience o power. Usually takes about two cycles at le wow. It's not so bad
That's what I'm doing (I even bring them up to +2 Amie), and it only takes two cycles for the Pokemon in the front lines. So it's only per 2 Pokemon, not to mention I only have 1 Lucky Egg.

There's the endless clicking while they go up a million levels for the first couple of Pokemon, there's the endless clicking every time they learn a move, there's the endless clicking every time one of the Pokemon in Le Wow use Protect (and they seem to every other move). I'll probably not get any new Pokemon after I finish my Nita counter-team.

Quest1

That's what I'm doing (I even bring them up to +2 Amie), and it only takes two cycles for the Pokemon in the front lines. So it's only per 2 Pokemon, not to mention I only have 1 Lucky Egg.

There's the endless clicking while they go up a million levels for the first couple of Pokemon, there's the endless clicking every time they learn a move, there's the endless clicking every time one of the Pokemon in Le Wow use Protect (and they seem to every other move). I'll probably not get any new Pokemon after I finish my Nita counter-team.

Yeah it's not super fast but definitely a lot faster than other gens. I have about 25 or so battle ready pkmn and have about 4 more in the wings. Does anyone know if things still download if you're playing another game on 3DS? Zelda's out, so I'm DLing it now, but I wanna finish breeding stupid scyther.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've noticed now that the devalu-ing of shinys has been in effect here. Nobody cares about your shiny through Instacheck; just gimme the leftover eggs.

Antiwhippy

Aw shit, second shiny in my life and it's a.... Ditto!

No imposter though, so I won't be using it, but it's still cool.

Marz

So I've got a Charmander I bred that's X/31/31/31/31/31. Is that OK or should I have HP maxed out? Also what move set and EV spread should I have on him for Charizardinite Y?

Hm, so Gastrodon can't learn Earth Power in this game? I guess I use Earthquake instead? It won't get boosted by Storm Drain though, which is lame.

So I've got a Charmander I bred that's X/31/31/31/31/31. Is that OK or should I have HP maxed out? Also what move set and EV spread should I have on him for Charizardinite Y?

HP is always nice to have. It's amazing how many times you survive a hit with 1 HP left in this game.

DaBoss

It only takes me one trip through Le Wow due to EV training giving me nearly half of the levels and me preventing evolutions till the final battle (second last battle if it has 2 evolution stages).

We just need to get access to ANYONE with a Starf and a Lansat berry and leveling up will become a joke.
I guess I should stop showing off my Aegislash then. =/
Why? Because shinies are more common but still less common than normal Pokemon? Shiny Aegislash is cool and if you like it, use it. Don't give a shit about how some people view it.

You wanted it, you got it, and you wanted to use it.

Don't let some petty thing as "de-valuing" of shinies make you not use it. Shinies are not less valuable than they were last gen or the gen before.

Top Bottom