• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Azure J

This is probably a far out of left field request but I'll leave it here for folks to mull over. Would anyone want to trade/give away their Charizardite Y?

Name your prices.

NEO0MJ

Ha, got two 5IV Deinos in a row, one male and another female. Same thing happened to me while breeding Skrelp. Oh, speaking of Skrelp, Skrelp Giveaway!

I have a good number of Calm Skrelp with the egg moves Haze and Toxic spikes, all with 4 perfect IVs. Some even have 5 perfect IVs, but the 5th is attack so it won't be any more useful for breeding Skrelp, but it will help a lot with other dragons or water pokemon. All are in Luxury balls, too. I also have a bunch of 4 IV Modest Deinos, and a few timid 4 IV venonats with the egg moves Baton Pass and Giga drain. Both are in Luxury balls, as well.

Just PM me if you want one.

Charge moves :)

*suddenly has a vision of Pixilate/Aerilate/Refrigerate Boomburst*

Guessing from how rare that move is I have a feeling GF Isn't gonna give it to any pokemon.

upandaway

I hope you're happy Whippy, I just decided to make another team out of my secondary favorites (Kingdra, Zapdos, Arcanine, Flygon, Espeon and Mega Mawile).

This is probably a far out of left field request but I'll leave it here for folks to mull over. Would anyone want to trade/give away their Charizardite Y?

Name your prices.
I remember reading here about people on /vp/ trading out Charizardites by restarting their games over and over, for other version exclusive stones, maybe it's worth a try.

Ultimadrago

Oh, speaking of Skrelp, Skrelp Giveaway!

I have a good number of Calm Skrelp with the egg moves Haze and Toxic spikes, all with 4 perfect IVs. Some even have 5 perfect IVs, but the 5th is attack so it won't be any more useful for breeding Skrelp, but it will help a lot with other dragons or water pokemon. All are in Luxury balls, too. I also have a bunch of 4 IV Modest Deinos, and a few timid 4 IV venonats with the egg moves Baton Pass and Giga drain. Both are in Luxury balls, as well.

Just PM me if you want one.

PM'd.

upandaway

So the fact that both my Charizard and Jolteon are Jolly isn't.. a good thing.... right

i'm freaking out right now

WHY DIDN'T I CONFIRM THE NATURES BEFORE BREEDING OH GOD

Quest1

So the fact that both my Charizard and Jolteon are Jolly isn't.. a good thing.... right

i'm freaking out right now

WHY DIDN'T I CONFIRM THE NATURES BEFORE BREEDING OH GOD

Well, I usually don't run jolly on either. I run spattk+ nature on jolteon because I want things it can hit are usually slower than it already. Scarf users aren't usually on bulky waters or ghosts. And I went adamant on charX for the pure power. It's not the end of the world.

Also, MicH, let's trade before I gotta go to work. Pmd

Anyone here with the checker mind helping me check a box of eggs?

I don't have the program set up yet :[

(Posting this in both threads cause the other seems pretty slow)

The Scyther + Metal Coat trading still works last I checked. Or you can ask to see another Gaffer's Xerneas for a second.
I give up as now I feel GTS is trolling me now with comically easy trades I can't do (saw a Yveltal with lucky egg for a haunter level 51-60, since I did not have a Haunter like that there was no way I could get a victory road one quick enough, saw a Xerneas for Luxray, which again you've lost by the time you've traded for one). To be fair, anyone with the requisites would get the comically easy trades if they could and be delighted, its just when you've regularly checked GTS for days hoping to see one only to see two in short succession gone from your grasp it is a strain. Why not give up your Yveltal? It is 22/28/28/31/31/31.

So, someone with Xerneas and a few minutes of their time, please PM me your FC (mine is my profile) for a quick trade and tradeback. Rewards I can give are Ditto (2IV), Gen VI starter with HA (again 2IV), Adamant Beldum (I think with 3+IVs).

Edit: I'm offline now. I did manage to get a second lucky egg so I guess I'll eventually try again with something like a level 70 Metal Coat Scyther. Fuck Professor Sycamore. At least he doesn't require all the birds for the oval charm.

MicH

So Mega Pinsir. Is Close Combat worth using on him? I'm thinking Swords Dance / Earthquake / Quick Attack / Return. No Bug moves, though.

So many of his moves are egg moves, so it's hard to make up my mind and start breeding and then later realizing that one of his egg moves are vital

So Mega Pinsir. Is Close Combat worth using on him? I'm thinking Swords Dance / Earthquake / Quick Attack / Return. No Bug moves, though.

So many of his moves are egg moves, so it's hard to make up my mind and start breeding and then later realizing that one of his egg moves are vital

Close Combat is the only egg move I bothered with, and he's a beast. Probably has the highest kill count of any of my competitive Pokemon.

Tracked Deified Data;90873677]Close Combat is the only egg move I bothered with, and he's a beast. Probably has the highest kill count of any of my competitive Pokemon.
oh man, imagine if they tracked that kind of data.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Smogon does for simulator servers. They already track most used Pokemon.

I need to see this fanart.

It's happening.

Kranklich the Togekiss also drinks exclusively from a hollowed-out Scizor claw that's been turned into a chalice.

EDIT: Just a thought, but do "retaliation" moves (ones that double after the user's been hit) work if the target and the aggressor are different? I just thought of a ridiculously stupid idea for doubles. Basically, you'd send out Goodra and Malamar with whatever item you want on Malamar, for example Leftovers. Goodra uses Bide. Malamar hits Goodra two or three times with Superpower to raise Attack, Defense and Speed (if you have Gooey), and then Goodra could sick Bide on one of the opponents for a crapton of damage and Malamar would be ridiculously powered-up.

On top of that, just imagine if Malamar Topsy-Turvied Goodra after Draco Meteor.

PK Gaming

Not really.

Pinsir doesn't have to room to use Close Combat. Earthquake is non-negotiable; without it, you can't touch Aegislash, and it doesn't lower your defenses. Swords Dance + Quick attack are the reason to use Pinsir in the first place so removing them is out of the question, and Return is a really, really powerful STAB move to fall back on. You miss out on Rotom-W without Close Combat, which genuinely sucks, but you just don't have the room for it.

Your current set is good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not really.

Pinsir doesn't have to room to use Close Combat. Earthquake is non-negotiable; without it, you can't touch Aegislash, and it doesn't lower your defenses. Swords Dance + Quick attack are the reason to use Pinsir in the first place so removing them is out of the question, and Return is a really, really powerful STAB move to fall back on. You miss out on Rotom-W without Close Combat, which genuinely sucks, but you just don't have the room for it.

Your current set is good.

How is return STAB on Pincer? He's bug/flying.

Never mind, I just noticed his ability. Damn that's a crazy one.

ZenaxPure

Stings even more that Swellow gets Boomburst (a move it doesn't need) and nothing to make it any better in X&Y.

Yeah this has got to be one of the weirdest things they've done in a while as far as handing out moves. His Sp. atk is absolute garbage, and besides, he already has a good 140 power stab attack he can destroy teams with!

I wish my MM would stop failing and give me a shiny one already, I miss people ignoring him in doubles/triples (cause he's a squishy green bird) then him proceeding to murder half their team before they can do anything about it.

Mother of god, apparently Malamar can get Simple Beam as an egg move.

Team it up with an Espeon in Doubles to hit yourself and proceed to not only get inverse stat boosts, but doubled inverse stat boosts. A single Superpower would instantly double your Attack and Defense and Espeon could use Wish / Light Screen to compensate. King's Shield would max out your attack in one turn.

I think Simple Beam would get rebounded, anyway. It's a shame because then you could get double boosts on Espeon using Calm Mind, too.

MicH

I swear this rain does everything to annoy me.

Oh, you want to evolve your Sliggoo? TOO BAD THERE'S NO RAIN

Oh, you want to EV train Attack here? NOPE, I'M GONNA RAIN RIGHT HERE

The latter just happened to me twice, seriously gtfo

Mother of god, apparently Malamar can get Simple Beam as an egg move.

Team it up with an Espeon in Doubles to hit yourself and proceed to not only get inverse stat boosts, but doubled inverse stat boosts. A single Superpower would instantly double your Attack and Defense and Espeon could use Wish / Light Screen to compensate. King's Shield would max out your attack in one turn.

I think Simple Beam would get rebounded, anyway. It's a shame because then you could get double boosts on Espeon using Calm Mind, too.

Wouldn't Simple replace Contrary though? Ol' Malamar would be doubling his stat penalties, not bonuses (unless I'm missing something).

ciD_Vain

I swear this rain does everything to annoy me.

Oh, you want to evolve your Sliggoo? TOO BAD THERE'S NO RAIN

Oh, you want to EV train Attack here? NOPE, I'M GONNA RAIN RIGHT HERE

The latter just happened to me twice, seriously gtfo

For Attack, you could try a horde of Cubchoo at Frost Cavern as an alternative if it's raining!

Wouldn't Simple replace Contrary though? Ol' Malamar would be doubling his stat penalties, not bonuses (unless I'm missing something).

Fucking hell.

That being said, I'm kind of hoping they switch to a two-ability system in the future. A Technical Ability (which is more of a utility, like Flame Body or Swarm) and a Hidden Ability (like Technician or Adaptability).

The Hidden Ability wouldn't be hidden, per se, it'd just be an easy way to tie things in with the TM / HM combat thing. Lower-stages (basically everything with Eviolite support) only get one Technical and Hidden, while final stages / single-stage mons get two per category, and there are Hidden Ability Capsule / Technical Ability Capsules available as Key Items.

When it comes to move-altering abilities, they'd only affect Technical Abilities; Hidden Abilities would be "grounded-in" to the Pokemon, for example Malamar and Contrary. As a balancing measure, most Ubers would have Pressure as a default Technical and whatever dream world ones they got in the future as Hidden ones.

MicH

Haha i know the feels.

Can anyone spare a Serene Grace Togepi? Been trying to get one for a while now :(
I have a few. Can't promise good IVs (2-3)- Modest Serene Grace w/ Nasty Plot

What's your FC? Mine is 2836-0194-8979, trainer name is Michael

L.O.R.D

so, i return to play Black 2 today and i found that there is a gift for me at the pokemon center
it was Deoxys , its 100 L and attack mode
i can't wait for the bank to open so i can transfer him

and oh man,,,,the downgrade, i can't play that game anymore

Top Bottom