• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Center exclusive GBA-SPs [VENUSAUR & CHARIZARD]

000069_400.jpg
000068_400.jpg

Charizard SP

Venusaur SP

Site states that these ship on or before 10/1/04

rawk

Those are really cool, but...

1. I wish the green was closer to an apple green, like the game's box art

2. I don't like that the Nintendo logo is done in the other color. Makes each one look sort of like a Pokemon Christmas GBA.

john tv

These are exactly like the Rayquaza one that's coming out in Japan this month. Would be cool to own all three. :)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
john tv said:
These are exactly like the Rayquaza one that's coming out in Japan this month. Would be cool to own all three. :)

not exactly, the rayquaza one is just one, slick emerald color. I'm praying that they'll follow these up with it in the US (though the DS will probably be out by then and they won't bother).

john tv

jooey said:
not exactly, the rayquaza one is just one, slick emerald color. I'm praying that they'll follow these up with it in the US (though the DS will probably be out by then and they won't bother).
You mean because the Rayquaza images are like shadows instead of outlines? Or...?

I like the Rayquaza one better FWIW, but they all look decent. (Of course I wouldn't be caught dead in public with any of them, but still.) :)

Gack, they finally make an SP with my favourite Pokemon... Gack... but the red doesn't look really metallic in the pictures...

Hopefully that will prevent me from buying it. With the DS so close I don't need another SP...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
john tv said:
You mean because the Rayquaza images are like shadows instead of outlines? Or...?

no, like, see how the bulbasaur one is dual-toned (green & teal)? the rayquaza's just solid green all around (plus the dumb insignia), that's all.

john tv

jooey said:
no, like, see how the bulbasaur one is dual-toned (green & teal)? the rayquaza's just solid green all around (plus the dumb insignia), that's all.
Ah I see what you're saying. I'm no a big fan of the two-tone stuff, but on these it's pretty hard to tell.

Oh well, not like I need anymore SPs anyway. :)

Alcibiades

Dragona Akehi said:
Gack, they finally make an SP with my favourite Pokemon... Gack... but the red doesn't look really metallic in the pictures...

Hopefully that will prevent me from buying it. With the DS so close I don't need another SP...

yeah, I noticied it didn't have the "Flame" look, but then I checked the site, and supposedly it's some sort of orange color...

luxsol

How disappointing... I had been waiting to buy a GBA SP like that in the US for a while and they bring out that. Two years!... and instead of this
PA.02883.004.jpg
we get something that looks like the paint will rub off. I wonder when this was released
gba-sp-kyogre.jpg

efralope said:
yeah, I noticied it didn't have the "Flame" look, but then I checked the site, and supposedly it's some sort of orange color...

I still have my good ol' colbalt from launch... you have no idea how much willpower it took to not buy a Flame SP when they finally were announced.

Willpower of a GOD.

I'd break down and go broke buying it if the Charizard one was like the KyogreSP and Flame red.

Please for the love of God Nintendo do not do this. I need my pittance of cash infusion.

Dave Long

Banned
Um, I have Torchic Orange and it was sold here in the States through the Pokémon Center. It also has paint that rubs off. :(

luxsol

Crap! I'm guessing it's too late to get one now!
So instead of being notified by their website about the kick ass Torchic GBA they email me about some lame Pokemon box for the GCN.

luxsol said:
How disappointing... I had been waiting to buy a GBA SP like that in the US for a while and they bring out that. Two years!... and instead of this
PA.02883.004.jpg
we get something that looks like the paint will rub off. I wonder when this was released
gba-sp-kyogre.jpg

the blue one got released in Europe with another sexy red SP when Pokemon R/S launched there.

Top Bottom