• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police respond to man trying to kill spider

Mihos

Gold Member
Only in Australia

Police in Perth, Australia thought they had a potentially tragic incident on their hands when they were called to a house after reports of a toddler screaming and a man shouting death threats.

Multiple police units arrived at a property on Wednesday morning after neighbors heard a child’s piercing screams and a man repeatedly yelling, “Why don’t you die?”

Fearing the worst, officers “responded lights and sirens” to the incident only to find a man had simply been trying to kill a spider.

Link

Mattyp

Gold Member
How big was the spider and why wouldn’t just die?

Probably just a friendly hunstman, great around the house spiders. The fact that he;s terrified of spiders makes me wonder if he's actually Australian but.

Heteropoda_venatoria03.jpg

mekes

If I lived in Australia, every small object/bug/spider would be treated like a Sydney Funnel web Spider.

Mihos

Gold Member
Probably just a friendly hunstman, great around the house spiders. The fact that he;s terrified of spiders makes me wonder if he's actually Australian but.

Great, now I have to burn this laptop in a fire...

I'm told it's a children's game in Australia to throw huntsman spiders at each other.

I've had night terrors that started out tamer than that concept.

Just another Spider- to add to the list of 700,000 things that can kill you on the Island of Australia. Be sure to check the grass before you lay down in it, that can kill you to ;)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

I had a huntsman bigger than that crawl up my leg and over my face while I was lying in bed in the dark. I turned the side light on and it was sitting on the wall next to my head.

Another time I was driving and one fell in my lap from the ceiling of my car.

Both times I did the most acrobatic ninja roll the fuck away from it. Moves I completed with such speed and finesse that I know I am not physically capable of doing, but the fear made magic happen. Like a mother lifting a car off her child. In that car scenario, I was driving a little hatchback and impossibly managed to backflip and contort through the little gap between the seats and into the back and out the back door. To this day I have no idea how I did it.

The fear. The fear.

haxan7

Banned
Both times I did the most acrobatic ninja roll the fuck away from it. Moves I completed with such speed and finesse that I know I am not physically capable of doing, but the fear made magic happen. Like a mother lifting a car off her child. In that car scenario, I was driving a little hatchback and impossibly managed to backflip and contort through the little gap between the seats and into the back and out the back door. To this day I have no idea how I did it.

The fear. The fear.
"pie_tears_joy:

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck is wrong with Australia? Seriously. You guys have ridiculous spiders.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Spiders are cool. Without spiders you'd have flies everywhere, fuck flies.

giphy.gif

The Giant

Banned
Huntsmans are fine. I had one in my shoes once. White tip and those little black spiders can go fuck themselves.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I was fixing some leaking taps the other day. Went to turn the water off at the mains and sure enough, 3 redback spiders. Fuck off and find your own home. Cunts.

...I know I am not physically capable of doing, but the fear made magic happen... The fear. The fear.

'Tis the truth.
I remember an instance a few years ago, where I was making my way to the toilet in the middle of the night. As I open the bathroom door and turn the light on, and my bare foot is about to make contact with the ground, notice that I am about to crush a massive ass spider between my toes. It was then that I managed to take steps on thin air to run up and over the spider, much like a videogame character doing double jumps to reach higher platforms, and doing so faster than the Flash could ever dream of.

Top Bottom