• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debirudog

If we're talking about optics, i have to say Trump came off worse in his performance. Yeah, Hillary may not have done as well as she did during the first debate but my god, Trump was utterly repulsive, hateful and creepy. He acted completely out of line and unpresidential.

Feels like the discussion has done a complete 180 on CNN. Totally about how Clinton dominated now and how Trump didn't do anything he needed to do.

Vestal

Clinton had a good debate but not enough to switch my vote from Johnson.

No offense but....

BAGW1wE.gif

I'll just leave this here...

CuYYCX5XYAAievz.jpg

Scott Dworkin ‏@funder 5m5 minutes ago
Trump deposition: Have u ever socialized with Trump in the presence of females under age of 15? Jeffrey Epstein then plead the fifth #debate

Revolver

When Corey goes into his talking point about "why won't she apologize for calling Trump supporters deplorables?" I wish someone would say "Well Corey you're exhibit A."

Here's something that I wanna be real careful with and try to understand. The women who accuse Bill Clinton must also be aware of the accusations against Trump and his own words on that tape. I don't understand how you can side with one sexual predator to bring down another, because there are victims on the other side too, what about them and Trump?

So, ya. This was good. She won the instant polls which does set the narrative for the media. MSNBC has been dragging Trump. The things that are coming out of this debate are:

1) Trump fucked up the tape thing again, while Hillary knocked it out of the park.
2) Trump called for locking up his political opponents.
3) Trump looked like a crazy stalker.
4) Trump lied even more than usual.

And, so far, this is what the media is going on with. And that's a huge win for us. I get the longing that Hillary completely drown him, but I don't think that's the smart strategy here. With the tape, she has completely clean hands on it. She didn't do it. No one in her campaign did it. The minute she starts throwing something at him live in a debate, she owns that attack. And the discussion isn't "Donald Trump says XYZ" it's "Hillary Clinton claims Donald Trump says XYZ" and this is an important distinction!

Also, the support that may be coming her way from Trump's fuckup is new and soft support. You don't go too crazy on that until you've cemented it. I know she's running polls constantly, but you need to handle things in a Presidential way. That contrast is the crux of her candidacy: I'm sane and stable. Trump is fucking nuts. The moment she gets into the mud, even when its justified, she's fucked. Trump wants nothing more than to get her to go down to that level, see all the women they brought out. She made the smart choice to not engage on that.

Also, Pence will be out by Tuesday or Wednesday, I think.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't Johnson being an isolationist by way of being totally ignorant of any other nation sort of right in line with the view of a standard libertarian?

Boke1879

Trump did fuck all to change the narrative yall. Tomorrow I feel we'll hear about the GOP house call, Trump openly admitting he doesn't talk to his running mate, jailing his opponent . I can't wait to see what Priebus has to say tomorrow after 5.

Clinton's Rally tomorrow should go well.

Ithil

That whole "pay off and cart out the women from Bill's past" thing ended up being a waste of time for Trump. It was no-sold by Clinton in the debate and no one is really talking about it post-debate.

And he could only play that card once, too.

I'm so happy to see the results of the YouGOV and CNN polls. CNN was getting dangerously close to calling this a straight Trump win (fucking Smerconish literally said "the night went to Trump"). This now sets the narrative as Clinton winning and Trump becoming unhinged and not doing what he needed to do to turn his campaign around.
Smerconish is an idiot. He was begging on tv the other night to include Gary Johnson in the debates.

HTupolev

CuYYCX5XYAAievz.jpg

Trump deposition: Have u ever socialized with Trump in the presence of females under age of 15? Jeffrey Epstein then plead the fifth #debate
Duly noted. And tonight, I was happy to exercise my 21st amendment rights. Because holy shit.

Zackat

CuYYCX5XYAAievz.jpg

This is one of those things where I really hope it isn't true, but this would be a bombshell of epic proportions.

i didn't watch this debate with cable news or paying much attention online.

Maybe I'm off here, but I thought Trump was far worse this debate than the previous one.

He was completely and utterly unhinged most of the time.

1. His answer to sexual assault (from the video) was a mess. He was asked by Cooper if he understand what sexual assault is when he refused to answer.

A. BTW, he was asked, numerous times, if he has ever engaged in that type of sexual assault. The obvious response is just "no, never" and move on. He didn't do that till get got pressed numerous times. Disaster.

B. He then turned to Bill's alleged infidelities. As if this is a good tactic...

2. His stalking nature and body language was very bad IMO. And that matters subconsciously.

3. He avoided nearly every question and his answers were either conspiracy theories, nonsense, or buying time.

4. He came off as a whiny child. WHY YOU NOT LET ME RESPOND.

5. Speaking of which, he attacked the moderates!

6. He said he would put his opponent in prison if he wins! WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

7. He lied about everything that was remotely coherent.

8. He admitted to not paying taxes!

9. He demonstrated he doesn't know how the Senate or our gov't works

10. He admitted he and his VP choice never talked about the most important foreign policy position to have (Aleppo). And he disagrees with him!

I could go on and on. I thought Trump's was taking a dump on the stage. How anyone could think he won...

I didn't think Hillary was very good but at times she was really good. And Trump was always horrible. She definitely missed some opportunities but it's hard not to look like you're in the muck when that's all Donald is in.

Anyway, to me the election is over. I don't see how this debate gets Donald any new voters and I definitely see this being the nail that coffin that convinces enough people to move to clinton or stay home rather than vote Trump.

But then again, news stations like a comeback story so.....

mo60

So, ya. This was good. She won the instant polls which does set the narrative for the media. MSNBC has been dragging Trump. The things that are coming out of this debate are:

1) Trump fucked up the tape thing again, while Hillary knocked it out of the park.
2) Trump called for locking up his political opponents.
3) Trump looked like a crazy stalker.
4) Trump lied even more than usual.

And, so far, this is what the media is going on with. And that's a huge win for us. I get the longing that Hillary completely drown him, but I don't think that's the smart strategy here. With the tape, she has completely clean hands on it. She didn't do it. No one in her campaign did it. The minute she starts throwing something at him live in a debate, she owns that attack. And the discussion isn't "Donald Trump says XYZ" it's "Hillary Clinton claims Donald Trump says XYZ" and this is an important distinction!

Also, the support that may be coming her way from Trump's fuckup is new and soft support. You don't go too crazy on that until you've cemented it. I know she's running polls constantly, but you need to handle things in a Presidential way. That contrast is the crux of her candidacy: I'm sane and stable. Trump is fucking nuts. The moment she gets into the mud, even when its justified, she's fucked. Trump wants nothing more than to get her to go down to that level, see all the women they brought out. She made the smart choice to not engage on that.

Also, Pence will be out by Tuesday or Wednesday, I think.

Why would Pence ditch trump at this point?

Also, anyone who is upset about her Wikileaks answer. She actually was telling the truth. That quote was chopped up from when she was talking about the film Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom