• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
I don't think this is true yet. Trump threw a ton of red meat for his base. They are going to be extremely satisfied and that will make it much harder to dump him. They desperately need their votes to hold onto the Senate and House. They will hold onto Trump as long as possible. On the next round of opo research they will dump him.

They can't really do that. Especially after this debate,where Trump basically tossed nothing but red meat in his rare coherent moments. Trump supports are the Republican base. The rank and file are dependent on Trump's voters to win the election more than Trump is reliant on hesitant traditional conservatives to hold their nose and vote for him.

We'll find out tomorrow. I'm not saying the RNC is going to put out a statement denouncing Trump or try to push him to drop out. I think they're going to tell republicans in danger that they can run against Trump if they want. Basically, to let the rescinded endorsements continue. I feel pretty confident the conference call will not be about rallying around Trump or renewing efforts to boost his campaign. A lot of republicans are also worried about how the RNC is directing money. They want that money to flow down not up.

Ben Ginsburg looks like the stock photo old man.

8a9.jpg

Well, can't ever unsee that.

mo60

The US presidential election ad I saw earlier was aired on TLC and it was from hilary. It was about trump's comment directed at a disabled journalist awhile ago. The typical republican voter in the video said something like that comment from trump was offensive to her because of her experiences with disabled people if I recall. That voter also said that she is now voting for hilary. There are a few american channels on my cable plan now and one of them was TLC.

Zackat

The US presidential election ad I saw earlier was aired on TLC and it was from hilary. It was about trump's comment directed at a disabled journalist awhile ago. The typical republican voter in the video said something like that comment from trump was offensive to her because her son has autism or something like that. That voter also said that she is now voting for hilary
Yep I've seen that one a few times. I actually have seen a lot of ads since I am in Florida. Guess she is spending a lot here?

Hazmat

So, there was not a single mention of the hurricane in the debate tonight.

I honestly don't know if the hurricane was nothing but hype or if it was still pretty bad but somebody said "pussy" so we all got distracted.

benjipwns

Banned

I honestly don't know if the hurricane was nothing but hype or if it was still pretty bad but somebody said "pussy" so we all got distracted.
Only 19 people died. And it's been downgraded to a tropical storm.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Costa on twitter said "The night is just getting started."

Oh?

Maybe for insiders preparing for Pence's morning statements?

No one's going to release a big story this late unless they're afraid they're going to get scooped. Otherwise, everyone's just going to read the report about the report once they wake up and the original report will lose a ton of hits.

sazzy

Costa basically said:

he talked to some trump advisors, and they said they couldn't be happier, and they don't care what the rest of the GOP thinks or says, and that they will win the white house, and that you are with them or against them, and that they are keeping a list of names.

mo60

Costa basically said:

he talked to some trump advisors, and they said they couldn't be happier, and they don't care what the rest of the GOP thinks or says, and that they will win the white house, and that you are with them or against them, and that they are keeping a list of names.

A list for what?

The hurricane killed 800 people in Haiti but lost a lot of energy before reaching the U.S. and few Americans care about foreign deaths.

User1608

Banned
Costa basically said:

A list of names? That sounds very pretty and Nixonian...

Holmes

benji's right. Nothing will drop at 2 am EST. Most things drop mid to late afternoon so it can be on the evening news and the morning news the next day. I have a new job in the morning and I'm not staying up. Good night everyone.

Link

The Autumn Wind
If Costa has anything, I'm giving him 15 minutes. Otherwise, I'm going to bed and will just wake up to the 80-page thread in the morning.

mo60

If Costa has anything, I'm giving him 15 minutes. Otherwise, I'm going to bed and will just wake up to the 80-page thread in the morning.

I'm staying up late since I don't have to worry about school tommorrow since it's a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom