• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
If this was 1796, 1800 or 1804, Haiti would have been a Presidential debate topic.

Certainly would have put Jefferson in a tight spot.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I found one corner of this cabin with cell service. It's raining like a mother outside. Can anyone give me the briefest breakdown of how it went tonight? I need one little taste of PoliGAF before going back to the honeymoon.

sazzy

I found one corner of this cabin with cell service. It's raining like a mother outside. Can anyone give me the briefest breakdown of how it went tonight? I need one little taste of PoliGAF before going back to the honeymoon.

there will be no change in the polls due to this debate.

kevin1025

Banned
When the Washington Post hints at something, I perk up now, haha.

Fahrenthold earlier said they're working on something, too, so it may be related to that.

If this was 1796, 1800 or 1804, Haiti would have been a Presidential debate topic.

Certainly would have put Jefferson in a tight spot.

"This is why we need to ship the negros to Africa other than Sally Hemings."

Also, Hamilton failed hard by not doing good opposition research on Jefferson before the election of 1800. Could have gotten back on Adams' good side, won the Federalists the election, and have been set up for an 1804 run.

benjipwns

Banned
Trump had Hillary arrested and carted off the stage.

mo60

Trump did slightly better but he still did really awful. He treated hilary and the moderators horribly. He also said during a part of the debate in reply to something hilary said that hilary should be in jail.

Vestal

Looks like he is about to drop something after commercial break.

Talking about the RNC meeting saying that the trump people are keeping a list of the defectors and they don't care if the RNC has a meeting.

Talking about the rumors regarding Pence...

Sibylus

Banned
Based WaPo redeeming themselves.

Happy Thanksgiving to any other Canadians in this thread!

And to you!
GoCanada.png

watershed

Banned
The news will be there in the morning folks and the morning reactions are more important than the middle of the night when everyone is asleep reactions anyways.

I already have an NYT subscription, maybe I should subscribe to WaPo. Print journalism is saving us from white nationalism so I should support them

I could see them dropping a bomb this late if there is a rush to be the first to get the story out. By the way I can't for Morning Joe lol

Bowdz

Clinton was pretty good, not great. Trump was terrible, but on the attack. CNN poll gave it to Clinton 57 - 34 YouGov 47 - 42. Trump said he'd appoint a special prosecutor to go after Clinton and that if he were President, she'd be in jail and he disagreed with Pence on Russia. He stalked Clinton in the beginning standing right behind her. Clinton was asked about emails and wikileaks and kind of fumbled both, but did a great job with the townhall format.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
One of my FB friends is going ballistic about how Hillary doesn't care about either women or minorities and that Donald Trump isn't any more racist than she is.

This person is a 19 year old White girl, btw.

Pixieking

Banned
The second debate: The end of Trump?

Clinton was best when facing the audience questioners directly, expressing a desire to bring the country together and reminding them of her accomplishments. But she won the debate early on. In keeping her cool and indicting Trump’s bad behavior and finally provoking him to threaten to put her in jail, she made certain no one not already in Trump’s corner would sign on with him.

Jennifer Rubin writes the Right Turn blog for The Post, offering reported opinion from a conservative perspective.
Follow @JRubinBlogger

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are acting like gaming side with your out of control hype trains built entirely off rumors and vague tweets

Grief.exe

I already have an NYT subscription, maybe I should subscribe to WaPo. Print journalism is saving us from white nationalism so I should support them

I could see them dropping a bomb this late if there is a rush to be the first to get the story out. By the way I can't for Morning Joe lol

The failing NYT and Crooked Wapo? Sad.

His breaking news is that Trump tried to have the accusers sit in the family box lol

THe presidential commission nixed it. lol it almost blew up

How am I not surprised Giuliani was behind it.

Also, wtf was Trump pointing at the entire debate?

Thanks to the people who actually read that fanfiction I wrote, lol. Just checked the traffic stats and it was a non-zero amount of people.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Except benij.

Trump doubled down on "locker room talk," said he'd jail Hillary, praised Assad, threw Pence under the bus, and naturally PoliGAF spent most of the debate bedwetting about how he was winning.

Vestal

Gulliani and Bannon had a fight with the Commission on Pres Debates. they wanted to sit the 4 women in the family box and the Commission did not want have anything to do with that.

Trump Campaign wants the Head of the commission to be replaced and might skip last debate.

watershed

Banned
I don't believe this WaPo bombshell. I think it's gonna be less damaging than the pussy grabbing tape. That was the big one right there, still the driving force of the narrative right now.

Edit: See, its pretty much nothing. That's not gonna be a big story unless Trump doesn't do the third debate.

The amount of complaining Trump does is so ridiculous.

Suck it up, baby.

I don't believe this WaPo bombshell. I think it's gonna be less damaging than the pussy grabbing tape. That was the big one right there, still the driving force of the narrative right now.

It's not one of the two tapes. Trump is just threatening to skip the 3rd debate because they didn't allow the Clinton accusers to sit in family seating.

Donald Trump’s campaign sought to intimidate Hillary Clinton and embarrass her husband by seating women who have accused former president Bill Clinton of sexual abuse in the Trump family’s box at the presidential debate here Sunday night, according to four people involved in the discussions.

The campaign’s plan, which was closely held and unknown to several of Trump’s top aides, was thwarted just minutes before it could be executed when officials with the Commission on Presidential Debates intervened.

The commission officials warned that, if the Trump campaign tried to seat the accusers in the elevated family box, security officers would remove the women, according to the people involved, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the discussions were confidential.
WaPo

Trump threatening to have Hillary thrown in jail if elected... wow...

He really just does not care enough to even try preparing for these debates and just spits out whatever fantasy happens to cross his brain at any particular moment.

Gulliani and Bannon had a fight with the Commission on Pres Debates. they wanted to sit the 4 women in the family box and the Commission did not want have anything to do with that.

Trump Campaign wants the Head of the commission to be replaced and might skip last debate.

Being in the family box required going through the line to greet Bill Clinton, the Trump campaign is fucking insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom