• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Giuliani said it was unfair that the commission allowed Mark Cuban, a billionaire Trump tormenter and Clinton surrogate, to sit in the front row, but would not permit Bill Clinton’s accusers to sit in Trump’s family box.

“In the first debate with Mark Cuban, Fahrenkop said we’ll make a deal and everybody will [be able] to approve who’s in the shot and if it’s not family, they have a right to object and we have a right to object,” Giuliani said. “So we object. But 10 minutes before that debate he tells us he can’t do anything about Cuban sitting in the first row, that security can’t throw him out.”

Giuliani said that experience led them to believe the campaigns could control their seats. However, the staging of the second debate differed from the first. In St. Louis, family members sat in an elevated box, while in Hempstead, N.Y., they were seated in the front row with other attendees.

“The women were outraged,” Giuliani said.
lol, what a stupid plan

Link

The Autumn Wind
Eh, I don't think that's any kind of bombshell. But glad it came out just before my self-imposed deadline. Time for bed.

Trump doubled down on "locker room talk," said he'd jail Hillary, praised Assad, threw Pence under the bus, and naturally PoliGAF spent most of the debate bedwetting about how he was winning.

Yeah... that's kind of what I'd expect of PoliGAF. Some wet their beds in jest, others completely serious.

I mean... it wasn't her best performance. We didn't see any great wine meme shimmy. But when up against the orange menace, all you have to do, is look like the sane one in the room. Not hard to do.

Tubie

Trump threatening to have Hillary thrown in jail if elected... wow...

He really just does not care enough to even try preparing for these debates and just spits out whatever fantasy happens to cross his brain at any particular moment.

Jail your political opponents as soon as you get into power.

Pretty much out of Putin's playbook.

Retro

Weaponized sympathy and the exploitation of victims of sexual assault as human shields by someone who was literally just exposed, on tape, openly discussing sexually assaulting women.

Not even a little surprised.

Sounds like we came within minutes of the debate turning into Springer/WWE before it even started. Bannon and Rudy and complete trash. They set Donald out to stump speech (instead of debate prep) and tried to undermine the legitimacy of the debate with this kind of stunt.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It's one of the things that the more you think about it the sicker it is.

They really wanted to use these women as a weapon, they cleary don't give a shit about them and just want them to be their sideshow.

Just gross.

They really wanted to use these women as a weapon, they cleary don't give a shit about them and just want them to be their sideshow.

Just gross.

Anything to try and switch the narrative from the Trump tape. It's fucking awful, but I kinda get it. There is no spinning the Trump tape, they have to offer a distraction

Just gross.

And one of them Trump publicly insulted in 1998 over this very thing.

The most craven politician I've ever seen in my life.

Bowdz

Just lol at Giuliani still fighting battles from 20 years ago. The most satisfying aspect of this election will be kicking the shit out of the lunatic fringe on the right and possibly taking all branches of government as a result of their idiocy.

Stay losing Giuliani.

Ryan discussed revoking Trump endorsement
House Speaker Paul Ryan has discussed withdrawing his endorsement of Donald Trump, according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions within his inner circle.

Ryan (R-Wis.) has publicly and privately grown dismayed by the tone and tenor of Trump's campaign, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of his thinking. And Ryan has reviewed with close advisers whether to abandon the GOP nominee. The discussions occurred after the bombshell video Friday of Trump talking in predatory terms about his sexual exploits, but before the second presidential debate Sunday night.

Ryan is gathering House Republicans on a conference call Monday morning at 11 a.m..

No decision has been made. But that the speaker of the House has even mulled abandoning his own party's presidential nominee is illustrative of the extraordinarily bizarre political climate in the Republican Party.

The only good about Bill Clinton ladies is that that shit is over and done with.

We'll see how much mileage it gets on this cycle during the weekend, but I fail to see how that will be much of a game changer as opposed to Trump's golden nuggets with the whole dictatorship thing going on.

I hope we don't hear about Bill Clinton anymore after this week

Kusagari

Am I the only one who hates how nobody ever presses Trump on the fact that he literally was citing Bill as his favorite president at the beginning of this campaign?

I'm rewatching the debate, and holy shit the tape response is so fucking awful. Like it's so bad that at that point I can't believe we ever thought he was going to win this. That tape ruined any chance he had at this debate.

Clinton's answer was so good.

Teggy

The only good about Bill Clinton ladies is that that shit is over and done with.

We'll see how much mileage it gets on this cycle during the weekend, but I fail to see how that will be much of a game changer as opposed to Trump's golden nuggets with the whole dictatorship thing going on.

I hope we don't hear about Bill Clinton anymore after this week

Uh, no, I would expect to see a lot more of them. It's all Trump has.

qlTZoZt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom